Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,980,196 Views | 224071 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
AnyOtherName
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Did we ever figure out a good way to short Commercial mortgages?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/coronavirus-retail-hotel-borrowers-skip-mortgage-payments-trepp.html
Here is a start. Not sure how Icahn is shorting the CMBS. Above my pay grade.
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/etfs/081716/3-inverse-reit-etfs-betting-against-real-estate-rek-srs.asp
jh0400
AG
He's likely using CEBOs or CDSs.
Carlo4
AG
Johnson and Johnson beat expectations and raised dividends.
JP Morgan missed

Futures up 1% except Nasdaq went up big after hours and up another 1.5% this morning. I know because the little SQQQ I held got absolutely annihilated since closing yesterday for a loss of at least 10%. Ouch.
gougler08
AG
Carlo4 said:

JP Morgan missed

Futures up 1% except Nasdaq went up big after hours and up another 1.5% this morning. I know because the little SQQQ I held got absolutely annihilated since closing yesterday for a loss of at least 10%. Ouch.
JPM must have had good guidance then since their stock hasn't dipped
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Carlo4 said:

JP Morgan missed

JPM must have had good guidance then since their stock hasn't dipped

Well capitalized being key here
aunuwyn08
AG
WFC reports earnings in q1 beat estimates by 88%.
Rice and Fries
Wells Fargo EPS was $0.01.
oldarmy1
AG
DIS is playing around at that $106 resistance all night/morning. The cheap calls entered will pay off if markets sustain early direction.

Told you guys not to go 100% negative on this market. Hedge and hold call options if you sold shares. A lot of stocks are at resistance marks from the v formed. Breakout and the gains would equal the v gains on many.

I don't fight the tape.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DIS is playing around at that $106 resistance all night/morning. The cheap calls entered will pay off if markets sustain early direction.

Told you guys not to go 100% negative on this market. Hedge and hold call options if you sold shares. A lot of stocks are at resistance marks from the v formed. Breakout and the gains would equal the v gains on many.

I don't fight the tape.
Only been hedging with small SPY puts in case the bottom falls out...also selling some naked puts that I like for entry points if something falls, but will just take the premium if we climb / stay sideways
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I don't fight the tape.
I have the DIS 115c for friday you mentioned. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a downside to the ROKU announcement over the next 17 days....I'm guessing it'll be worth a cheap put to try.
oldarmy1
AG
RUBI approaching resistance. At $6. $6.25 breaks on volume it will jump.

NIO broke last resistance.

SQ moved above last resistance

QCOM breakout

All over the place. If you don't see a quick reversal trap then the bulls are in charge.
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Officially got the "Options" feature added to my Fidelity Acct. this morning. Although I'm 42 I feel like I just became an adult. Lol. Thanks for all the great advice on here folks.
Careful, you just enabled equity cocaine.
jh0400
AG
I think that's the margin feature.
jj9000
AG
Interesting piece of Fund Managers and Cash.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fund-managers-havent-put-this-much-into-cash-since-911-attacks-2020-04-14?mod=home-page
oldarmy1
AG
On DIS if you see $109.50 it will reach $112-115. It could solar flare to $122. With options being weeklies I'd take some off above $112 and risk the rest for a jaw-dropper.

I might reach out with a $120 May 8th call and opt to sell all the weeklies versus partial.
AggieKeith15
AG
Could poor bank reports create a signal for a bull trap? JPM posted large revenues for Q1, but added a reserve of $6.8B to prepare for defaults, and WFC posted only $.01 per share on the quarter.

Do things like this not create more uncertainty? Getting close to the 287 level too. Feels like we are bound to slide eventually.
Post removed:
by user
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

On DIS if you see $109.50 it will reach $112-115. It could solar flare to $122. With options being weeklies I'd take some off above $112 and risk the rest for a jaw-dropper.

I might reach out with a $120 May 8th call and opt to sell all the weeklies versus partial.

I bought some of those DIS calls but saw them halved during the day and sold em off. So naturally, I helped DIS reach higher green gains.
Post removed:
by user
La Bamba
AG
Carlo4
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

Could poor bank reports create a signal for a bull trap? JPM posted large revenues for Q1, but added a reserve of $6.8B to prepare for defaults, and WFC posted only $.01 per share on the quarter.

Do things like this not create more uncertainty? Getting close to the 287 level too. Feels like we are bound to slide eventually.

I've learned some harsh lessons last 8 trading days or so, but I'm glad I learned them. I've made a little money, but could have been so much more if I didn't try to guess timing a top/pullback. Been wrong every step of the way.

This is a bull run until it isn't. Feels like it shouldn't be but it is. 287 seems like a good target if we don't turn right now.
jj9000
AG
When does the E in P/E even matter?

Looking at Futures and this market has lost its d@mn mind.
texagbeliever
That is such a general fear monger headline. Fully reopen as in sports and entertainment venues in every major city. Duh that is further out than Texas reopening restaurants and bars.
Rice and Fries
jj9000 said:

When does the E in P/E even matter?

Looking at Futures and this market has lost its d@mn mind.

It's unbelievable...

My company is having an at length discussion about mortgage defaults, JPM just reported our worst fears in their earnings. And the market is ****ing Mooning.
La Bamba
AG
Gold is up, the ten year has been flat for 4 days, yet S&P is ripping. I ain't buying it. I may be wrong, but I'm not buying this rally. We'll see...
BB675
AG
Thoughts on SONN? Looks like it has potential to explode today.
La Bamba
AG
BB675 said:

Thoughts on SONN? Looks like it has potential to explode today.
100% gap up isn't an explosion?
Post removed:
by user
FishrCoAg
AG
Good time to sell a covered call on Roku or let it run?
Rice and Fries
FishrCoAg said:

Good time to sell a covered call on Roku or let it run?
I'd be selling ITM calls. Collect that premium
Isaih Smollett
all the cruises are up
La Bamba
AG
NLS hit the gap at the open 5.20s. Nice swing from the 4.40s from yesterday.
BB675
AG
NET is down quite a bit at the opening.
Carlo4
AG
machine20 said:

all the cruises are up

No US cruises through summer. No NYC cruises rest of year. RCL down 17% yesterday and up 10% today. Just crazy
First Page Last Page
Page 1305 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.