Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,536 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
aeroag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carlo4 said:

machine20 said:

all the cruises are up

No US cruises through summer. No NYC cruises rest of year. RCL down 17% yesterday and up 10% today. Just crazy
Those things have been crazy for a few weeks. Down huge, then up huge. Was on them a few weeks back and between NCLH, RCL and CCL I think I was up 55%+ over 2 or 3 days.
oldarmy1
AG
JD at resistance for a new trend high potential.
McInnis 03
AG
Don't look.
oldarmy1
AG
MOMO pushing. Heck most everything pushing.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Don't look.
I don't know what the lesson is here kids, maybe it's patience.

Bought the AMZN 2200c lotto ticket for APR17 early last week, it was pennies. Sold it for a healthy gain at 1.7X something.

Just looked to see it's now at $43.XX.

If you believe in your action, be patient with it. Have faith in your decision making because as soon as you question it, you miss great opportunities.

Someone pass the bourbon

UPDATE: $55. I guess I'll stop watching now.
CheladaAg
AG
Markets acting like a Covid cure is about to be announced.
azul_rain
so much for a bear market
ProgN
boyz05 said:

This is the Honey badger market.
McInnis 03
AG
BTW whales, I just bought the SPY 285c for tomrorow so you can bet your sweet maroon ass that this **** is about to waterfall in 30 minutes. get ready.
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BTW whales, I just bought the SPY 285c for tomrorow so you can bet your sweet maroon ass that this **** is about to waterfall in 30 minutes. get ready.
waiting for the rollover to buy the $280P for tomorrow.
thirdcoast
AG
Just a few days into this bull rally off lows, Cramer cautioned investors not to jump back in. Now he is saying 'I'm feeling more confident about the future". #fadeCramer
Touchless
AG
McInnis 03 said:

And I had just got the $284c for tomorrow so the two of us together couldn't be more of a sure thing making it drop. Hopefully it at least helps the puts I have out there getting crushed.
thirdcoast
AG
boyz05 said:

I don't think vaccine/cure is going to be the big news. I think wide scale antibody test results will be the big de-risker in the future.
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone who joined accumulating TTOO under $0.50 it looks like its about to pop.
oldarmy1
AG
ONTX continuation
tam2002
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Just bought at .51
oldarmy1
AG
DIS still battling resistance but with SPY continuation it's inevitable.
Trolley Problems
Covered Call question:

When selling covered calls to lower cost basis, how far OTM should I be looking? Having trouble weighing premium vs. distance to share price.
BT1395
AG
So we flew past Model T because __________.

Is the answer that fills in the blank "don't fight the Fed?"
Post removed:
by user
iluvpoker
Starting to think I might be too realistic, we might not see S&P 2500 again. Could we see 3000 this week?
CSTXAg92
AG
McInnis 03 said:

RoyalOak00 said:

Officially got the "Options" feature added to my Fidelity Acct. this morning. Although I'm 42 I feel like I just became an adult. Lol. Thanks for all the great advice on here folks.
Careful, you just enabled equity cocaine.
And if he ever adds margin... that's meth territory.
Aggie1391
RoyalOak00 said:

Stupid question, but I'm learning...

Regarding making a call option. Let's say I'm like McInnis and put a call on SPY for a strike price of 285. Let's assume the premium was $1.50 for fun.

If SPY goes to 288 does one have to buy 100 shares of SPY for $28,500 + premium? Or can one simply sell the option without buying the stock? Meaning there was a $1.50 gain (SPY increase - premium) *100 for $150. So is there a way to pocket the $150 without having to liquidate $28,500 (if only for a minimal period; e.g. buy and immediately sell)?
Buying a call/put gives you the option to buy/sell 100 shares, not an obligation. So you could either buy the 100 shares at $285 each, or sell the option back for a $150 profit.
Touchless
AG
Trolley Problems said:

Covered Call question:

When selling covered calls to lower cost basis, how far OTM should I be looking? Having trouble weighing premium vs. distance to share price.
I just issued my first ever covered call. I'm a noobie so take it for what it's worth, but I think most here will tell you to set the strike price at a level where you're comfortable selling if it ends up being exercised. That way you pocket the premium and you're also already happy with the return you'd get from selling the stock at that price anyway. Meaning if set the strike price at 25% above your original purchase price, then that guarantees a 25% return if it's exercised not including the premium you receive.

Mine is a biotech and I've owned it for several years now with around 450% return from original purchase. It's also near 52 week highs so I'm hoping it retraces, but if not, then I'll take the nice return and put it to use somewhere else and hopefully not screw it up.
oldarmy1
AG
Sold 30% of ONTX $0.3595. All from lowest $0.2764 fills.
ProgN
You can close out the option, you enter sell to close. You are not required to exercise the option.
Post removed:
by user
CSTXAg92
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Just joined you there with a long position @ $0.52 / share OA1. What's the exit target?
cisgenderedAggie
H&S on SPY since 10am?
Trolley Problems
Touchless said:

Trolley Problems said:

Covered Call question:

I just issued my first ever covered call. I'm a noobie so take it for what it's worth, but I think most here will tell you to set the strike price at a level where you're comfortable selling if it ends up being exercised. That way you pocket the premium and you're also already happy with the return you'd get from selling the stock at that price anyway. Meaning if set the strike price at 25% above your original purchase price, then that guarantees a 25% return if it's exercised not including the premium you receive.

Mine is a biotech and I've owned it for several years now with around 450% return from original purchase. It's also near 52 week highs so I'm hoping it retraces, but if not, then I'll take the nice return and put it to use somewhere else and hopefully not screw it up.
Yep, I understand the first part. I'm more wondering if there is a sweet spot OTM for premium vs. allowing some upside.
oldarmy1
AG
BT1395 said:

So we flew past Model T because __________.

Is the answer that fills in the blank "don't fight the Fed?"
There continues to be confusion over the whole Model T technical. It is only a technical mark to trade towards with confidence. Once it is achieved (last Friday) it is not of any value for ongoing trading. Granted that 50% mark can be resistance short term (and was, which is how we bought SPY Puts when SPY was around $281 and then were able to sell less than half and recoup our capital) but once a mid-trendline is met the markets are now open to move either direction.

That's why it becomes more difficult than the easy money during the march to Model T achievement. It's also why I said if you sell shares have call options and only use SPY as a smaller hedge in case of continuation. It's also why you want to take some profits on any shares/options that have jumped another level from late last week. Slow sell into each wave upward. If call options are the trade you sell slightly more quickly because time value will begin to work against the premiums and gains won't show as much premium appreciation the closer to expiration they get. I sold 100% of remaining NFLX this morning because they expire Friday.
FrontPorchAg
Prognightmare said:

boyz05 said:

This is the Honey badger market.
Honey badger or honey pot?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
FrontPorchAg
WFC droppin' hard after reporting
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
azul_rain
so why is the market going back up ?
tam2002
AG
Been waiting on the drop to add to my position
First Page Last Page
Page 1306 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.