Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,636 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do rabbits build an immunity to reproduction after their first litter?

It looks like humans don't get CV19 twice, and the vast majority survive with little to no serious symptoms.

This first tidal wave is very bad, but it will be relatively small ripples of outbreaks in future. This will get confirmed as antibody tests come out.
Harkrider 93
AG
AnyOtherName said:

Prognightmare said:

You can't shutdown a 22 Trillion dollar economy for a virus that has a 98% survival rate. Sorry, **** happens, but it's not worth killing everyone because some will die.
It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. No one wins. If we kept everything running the way it was in February, you wouldn't be thinking the same thing right now. I am not for shutting the economy down. Back to the stocks. I'm not trying to start an argument.
but you darn sure finished it!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
AgShaun00
AG
OverSeas AG said:

AgShaun00 said:

just sold the other half of my xom for 500%. I needed some wins.
well I bought some of it...

I had some... sold at $38 think it was going to go down and I would rebuy.... but nope keeps going up. So I went ahead about 33% of what I am target in my portfolio long term. Still hoping it goes down. May have misplayed this one totally.

Not only am I not a whale, I am not even a minnow. Maybe not even a fish egg. :-(

And yes I realizes whales are mammals.
i kept my stock. sold my may 45 options
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Beware, the 2:50 PM CDT swing is upon us.
Up or down! Taking all bets!

Didn't quite hit 280 correction, but people may fear the long weekend
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

You can't shutdown a 22 Trillion dollar economy for a virus that has a 98% survival rate. Sorry, **** happens, but it's not worth killing everyone because some will die.

It was never about survival rates. We spread the survival rate talking point to ease the minds of the lowest common denominator. Unfortunately, we also overestimated the number of people in that denominator. We also told people masks don't help, when obviously anyone with a handful of brain cells knows that a mask will help, but you don't want a run on masks when they are in short supply.

When the truckers refuse to drive because there is too much of a risk for them to stop at a gas station, what would your solution be? Survival rates are a fools metric.
Aggie1391
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

My money says down, which means we might just hit 280
shiphunt
AG
The 2:50 PM MOC reveal has become my favorite part of the day. Shame that it will end once trading floors open back up
AgShaun00
AG
down, so I would bet on the opposite.
GreasenUSA
AG
AnyOtherName said:

agdaddy04 said:

OverSeas AG said:

If they keep revising the estimates down (to less then 100k deaths in the US), and it turns out to be true, I think that a lot of people are going to be questioning the motives if not sanity of some of the talking heads out there. I for one will want accountability.

Personally I would not want to be making any predictions about things right now - about CV19. We just don't know - other than we are wrecking our economy.

I keep hearing this but it doesn't make logical sense to me. The reason things are shutting down is to save the number from growing too large. IF the number stayed really high and we were shut down that would be depressing for everyone.

I'll preface this by saying I've not really been on board with wide spread shut downs like we're doing.
This should explain it for you guys... because you have to shut it down.

Wow, what a pitiful analogy by Neil deGrasse Tyson.

oldarmy1
AG
Buying an April 17 $14 IQ Put
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

La Bamba
AG
So yesterday we opened up at ~275 and closed the day at 265. A 50% retracement from that move (if yesterday meant something to the overall trend) would be an up move today to 270 and rejection to continue to the re-test. But we're at 273.5 now...of course 12 minutes to go. To me, 280 seems much more likely assuming we close above 270 today. This is probably obvious to most but just another way to think about it.

Speaking of, huge volume just now.
98PercenterAg
AG
SQQQ a buy here for tomorrow?
ProgN
There's been some HUGE buys of SPY going through today.
jj9000
AG
Prognightmare said:

At 2:50 PM CDT.

Just another day in the office.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

At 2:50 PM CDT.

Just another day in the office.
280 by 2:49 on Thursday, and then downtown we go
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
jj9000 said:

TXAG14 said:

jj9000 said:

Keeping an eye on the 2:50 PM CDT dump.

FIFY
Interesting piece regarding the 2:50 move.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sp-futures-crater-40-points-one-tick-huge-closing-imbalance-sale?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29
worth a bump
gougler08
AG
Hedged with SPY 269 puts for April 13...think we'll see a downside either in to or out of the Easter weekend
La Bamba
AG
La Bamba said:

BB675 said:

Any plays this afternoon? PENN worked out for me today but I don't know my exit strategy. I jumped on MFA thinking it could maybe get to $2 today but that is not looking likely.
I think MFA is trending nicely. Gearing against HOD. If it breaks, I think we see 1.75 - 1.80 today.
And MFA closes at 1.7733.....just at the midpoint of the guidance.
vest78
AG
Need a solid opinion on FAZ
McInnis 03
AG
Bought the SPY 275P for tomorrow at the close, debating if I should hold it over night. 10 more minutes to figure this one out.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Bought the SPY 275P for tomorrow at the close, debating if I should hold it over night. 10 more minutes to figure this one out.

You buy it on your own and now we have to tell you to keep it.
thirdcoast
AG

Touchless
AG
I'm hoping tomorrow, SPY has an inverse of today. Quick rise up a few $ and then drop down further and further throughout the day.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

You buy it on your own and now we have to tell you to keep it.
Ask barty. I'm decent at finding entry, I have no clue when to get out. #NoDiscipline

P.S. I bought the 275C just now so I'll straddle this overnight.
La Bamba
AG
thirdcoast said:

Who are you kidding? 111111
khaos288
AG
Anyone have a good article on the bear market retracement pattern? I can't seem to find it in search, but remember lots of talk about it.
azul_rain
Wood
FrioAg 00
AG
I would disappoint each very one of them so hard, maybe twice.
claym711
AG
Flipping back into short mode, Upside is to 2850-2890 if euphoric and if hedges have to cover the huge net short in futures. Downside much more aggressive.
ProgN
I'm just f'ing with you bruh
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm just f'ing with you bruh
I deserve it.
Carlo4
AG
Going to admit i didn't sell my late morning SDOW when I should have today and took a little loss. My gut tells me, where we are now, to keep it for Thursday.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/04/08/thursdays-unemployment-claims-could-match-last-weeks-66-million/#68ed29425fcf

Projected between 6 and 6.6 million again tomorrow. April unemployment projected to be at least 17% once the next two weeks of data (not including tomorrow) are in the system. March was 4.4%
First Page Last Page
Page 1273 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.