Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,806 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
Exsurge Domine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prognightmare said:

Exsurge Domine said:

I think there are going to be massive deaths reported this evening and there will be a big panic sell off tomorrow
IMO, the market DGAF. This is a trading market and use the volatility to your benefit.

Just my guess . I've got everything straddled right now, except VIX which I've got APR 15 calls

[url=https://ibb.co/YRs1PZ5][/url]
i loved you poem by alexander pushkin
Carlo4
AG

Touchless
AG
Isn't that already known? We've had 1,603 deaths reported so far today. This would also mark the single highest one day total as well.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Had my limit sell at 276 today...damn

J/K brother
aeroag14
AG
Prognightmare said:

Exsurge Domine said:

I think there are going to be massive deaths reported this evening and there will be a big panic sell off tomorrow
IMO, the market DGAF. This is a trading market and use the volatility to your benefit.

So what is your prognostication for what happens overnight?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

We already got the massive death numbers today from Jersey and NY.

My prediction:
Green tomorrow
ProgN
Futures will probably mirror the weakness at the close. Look for a down futures overnight, re-evaluate your hit list and targets at the open.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
oldarmy1
AG
Carlo4 said:

Maybe. But today is an upside down day. Happens both directions on trend to fool people. You have a stock declining day over day and some of those days the stock opens up but then drops to new lows holding trend. Upward can have same thing. Upward trend with open high and then drop down but not violate the trend technical.

Granted this tells you the Put/Call option is the correct trade again. Which I love.
claym711
AG
Gonna find out quick how good the 2650 support is. Im sure you know what MA is there.

One thing for certain, all the retail traders that have flooded the market during quarantine. Blood bath.

Note all the talking heads are running out warnings of massive negative GDP numbers. When we don't go -30% GDP contraction, they'll scream from the hilltops "its not that bad"
AnyOtherName
AG
All I want to know is how the hell did $IQ finish green after being called out as a fraud by the same people who called out LK. I watched it the entire day and yet it kept going up and up and up.
IrishTxAggie
AG
thirdcoast
AG
Is LK traded on the Shanghai exchange? If so, what ticker...curious if it's halted there too?

Curious how a liquidity killing halt like this can just happen for the reason listed in some PRs. Either material news is coming or some how Nasdaq is letting MGMT play defense against shorts?
jh0400
AG
This has been a day. I went synthetic short yesterday at approximately $263 betting on a reversal into risk-off on Thursday. Unfortunately I got a little greedy and woke up this morning down $10K+ on a naked position. I put new trades on at the open to lock in the loss range at $4-6K and spent the rest of the day working to supplement the gains on my core position to offset. I'm locked in on a $4k loss as long as we close between $262 and $270 on Monday. I'm going to try to see if I can bring the minimum amount down or widen the range tomorrow.

Not sure there's a point here other than to vent a bit and remind everyone that as much as it sucks you're much better off to admit when you're wrong, take your medicine, and keep a small problem from becoming a large one.

Edited to clean up grammar and add this: if you're new to trading options its imperative that you understand how to harvest gains and cap losses without selling. There will be times like today when you'll want to cut your losses and for whatever reason selling will be too expensive. Know your offsetting positions. I have a spreadsheet that I use that can handle eight legs that I'm glad to share if anyone wants it.
azul_rain
Game of Trades says we're reversing back in mid april ...... still confident in that assumption ?
oldarmy1
AG
ONTX - Can we have a repeating pattern?

jj9000
AG
OA1 been talking this for quite some time

AnyOtherName
AG
$TAL internal audit finding of fraud. Already down.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Noticed that today too
McInnis 03
AG
Dang, $LK, $IQ, $TAL, is any Chinese stock safe?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

Almost breakeven on the day with just under an hour of trading left. Everyone make your calls, how do we finish?
big green
see I'm really bad at this!

Hopefully we are green tomorrow though because i picked up a spy call on the way down
AnyOtherName
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I want to short $TAL and $IQ but you clearly saw IQ go green today after being called out. Makes no sense.
jj9000
AG
TXAG14 said:

jj9000 said:

Keeping an eye on the 2:50 PM CDT dump.

FIFY
Interesting piece regarding the 2:50 move.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/sp-futures-crater-40-points-one-tick-huge-closing-imbalance-sale?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29
Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Noticed that today too
Mmmmm rounded bottoms, i do like 'em!
gig em 02
AnyOtherName said:

McInnis 03 said:

I want to short $TAL and $IQ but you clearly saw IQ go green today after being called out. Makes no sense.

I've got TAL and IQ puts, hopefully they go the way of LK long enough for me to get out
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

HTHT 5/15 25P have been getting lit up the past 3 days
Carlo4
AG
Anyone else in NYMT? A nice 45% gain today.
Exsurge Domine
Carlo4 said:

Neenage Yutant Minja Turtles?
Agnzona
This is how I wish this forum was all the time. Its normally a stock market ghost town. Lets continue to share tips and tricks and our 2 cents after this is all blown over.....
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Post removed:
by user
Touchless
AG
Carlo4 said:

New York Metro Times?
Carlo4
AG
Touchless said:

Carlo4 said:

New York Metro Times?
New York Mortgage Trust - a REIT. A poor man's LADR, if you will. Bought at $1 and got out at $1.82. I'll take it
leoj
AG
FAT SEXY said:

What was this thread like when the markets first started taking a dump?

Same as it always is imo. It's about page 2000, because I remember asking if we were going to get 2400 on the SPX before we hit 2000 pages. Spoiler alert, we did not lol
Agzonfire
So what's happening with my LK shares now? Do I just rip them up like losing a horserace?
AgCPA95
AG
FAT SEXY said:

What was this thread like when the markets first started taking a dump?

Here is the first mention of corona or covid on this thread on Jan 28th.
Corona first mention

Here is Sunday, March 8th before a 4% drop on Monday and we were down 10% by Thursday.
The wheels start to really come off
First Page Last Page
Page 1266 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.