Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,891 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by bmoochie
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who said anything about quick? What is the definition of "quick?"
Agnzona
George seems to think it's going to be easy peasy.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures are up. Interesting.
GigEmRangers75455
My opinion is that it won't be an instant market rebound but I think people underestimate what the economy was and how bad people are itching to get back to it.

New money is in the market that's never been there before. Other than 401k I've never had more than $500 in the market on individual stocks. In the last month that number has moved to 90k and I will be adding over the next month.

This wasn't a crash because of demand issues or over leveraging like in the past. The oil issue now is Russia and Saudi but the demand is also shot right now. Once people get back to normal life the demand will go up. The market isn't sharply declining in bad news anymore and on the smallest good news it soars.

Just one green investors opinion but I feel like Q4 will see a DOW around 26,000 steady. That's of course if we don't have another flare up in the fall.
thirdcoast
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Futures are up. Interesting.

Model T this week?

This week breakout above 2630, test 2750-2800, then steady decline to new lows over following weeks?

Or has the Model T reset and 2800 is no longer on the radar?
Ragoo
AG
Agnzona said:

Sure there will be some opportunities but the destruction is real and will last a long time. Anyone expecting a real quick bounce back is delusional.
i bet on 100 years of consumerism over a few weeks of social distancing.
PeekingDuck
AG
I just bet on America and leave it at that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
No idea. I think there will be meaningful movement in either direction.
moses1084ever
AG
Fuji Films having a nice start in Tokyo.

Crude down bigly... annoyed I missed the opportunity but not comfortable with long puts given vol so high.

Grown Pear
AG
I think we're all betting on America at this. We're just trying to make the most money while doing so.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Agnzona said:

Sure there will be some opportunities but the destruction is real and will last a long time. Anyone expecting a real quick bounce back is delusional.
solid social distancing ride in Zwift the other day bud. I'm guessing you can't type while riding though. I was doing a cool down after a race.
Post removed:
by user
Exsurge Domine
LUV down below its 52 week low Pte market? What's the deal with this one? Wouldn't it seem to be in the best shape of all the other airlines?
Brewmaster
AG

Ragoo and me in Zwift...(I'm in the black kit with the colorful disc rear wheel). I just happened to run across him riding. He was doing a workout, so I didn't pester him long!

I was cooling down from a race, love kicking guy's arses from around the world. and get my butt kicked some too.
george1992
Agnzona said:

George seems to think it's going to be easy peasy.

Wrong. Only thing that's easy is being lazy or complacent. And that one girl from high school in wish I'd spent more time with.
Proposition Joe
Good god if it wasn't for social distancing I would pay one of you guys to come over and get my damn KICKRSnap working. Never been more frustrated with a piece of hardware in my life
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

Agnzona said:

solid social distancing ride in Zwift the other day bud. I'm guessing you can't type while riding though. I was doing a cool down after a race.
haha. My Friday night ride was something else. Hadn't been in the saddle that long. Hamstrings were burning. 40 miles on a Friday night from 8pm to 10pm is so lame. Never would have done that in my 20s. Be back on Tuesday night for a ride around 7:15. I have 60 minutes of threshold zone repeats.
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

Agnzona said:

haha. My Friday night ride was something else. Hadn't been in the saddle that long. Hamstrings were burning. 40 miles on a Friday night from 8pm to 10pm is so lame. Never would have done that in my 20s. Be back on Tuesday night for a ride around 7:15. I have 60 minutes of threshold zone repeats.
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo and me in Zwift...(I'm in the black kit with the colorful disc rear wheel). I just happened to run across him riding. He was doing a workout, so I didn't pester him long!

I was cooling down from a race, love kicking guy's arses from around the world. and get my butt kicked some too.
oh wow. I haven't gone in and updated any thing. My rider dude and bike is all standard stuff. I was doing a TriDot workout.
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

Agnzona said:

oh I will be done before poker. No worries brah.
ProgN
aggies76567 said:

My opinion is that it won't be an instant market rebound but I think people underestimate what the economy was and how bad people are itching to get back to it.

New money is in the market that's never been there before. Other than 401k I've never had more than $500 in the market on individual stocks. In the last month that number has moved to 90k and I will be adding over the next month.

This wasn't a crash because of demand issues or over leveraging like in the past. The oil issue now is Russia and Saudi but the demand is also shot right now. Once people get back to normal life the demand will go up. The market isn't sharply declining in bad news anymore and on the smallest good news it soars.

Just one green investors opinion but I feel like Q4 will see a DOW around 26,000 steady. That's of course if we don't have another flare up in the fall.
For a "green" investor your macro view of the current market conditions is dead on. JMO
GigEmRangers75455
Thank you sir. I graduated high school in 08' so I had no money to invest in that crash. I stayed away when I started making real money because everything kept climbing. I wish it was different circumstances but people my age (30 and below) have the first chance at big stock drops and good entry points IMO. I'm long in all of mine and may have been a little early on some buy in 2-5 years I think they'll payoff nicely.
thirdcoast
AG
Futures are looking strong...
What resistance are we eyeing next couple days? 2630?

https://m.investing.com/indices/indices-futures
aeroag14
AG
aggies76567 said:

Thank you sir. I graduated high school in 08' so I had no money to invest in that crash. I stayed away when I started making real money because everything kept climbing. I wish it was different circumstances but people my age (30 and below) have the first chance at big stock drops and good entry points IMO. I'm long in all of mine and may have been a little early on some buy in 2-5 years I think they'll payoff nicely.

This is the boat that I am in. I have been out of college since 2014 and waiting for the right time to jump in. Since everything kept climbing, I was hesitant. Until everything crashed a few weeks ago. Figure now may be the best time of my life to jump in!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
thirdcoast said:

Don't forget that futures can turn in an instant, especially with lower volume. I may wake up at 3 tomorrow to see what's what.
Grown Pear
AG
aeroag14 said:

aggies76567 said:

This is the boat that I am in. I have been out of college since 2014 and waiting for the right time to jump in. Since everything kept climbing, I was hesitant. Until everything crashed a few weeks ago. Figure now may be the best time of my life to jump in!

Get in and keep investing consistently! You will be happy you did. Understand the market WILL go down but it's just noise. Stay the course and don't overthink. This will be a small blip in the big picture and you'll be buying stocks cheap
FrontPorchAg
$30,000 Millionaire said:

thirdcoast said:

Don't forget that futures can turn in an instant, especially with lower volume. I may wake up at 3 tomorrow to see what's what.
This market has blown my mind. I don't feel like anything has been acting rationally.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
JP_Losman
AG
Part of me wants to be bullish but the other half says we are going to drop another 30-40% as the market sniffs out the catastrophe unfolding. Imagine what is lurking under the surface of the world economy. When debt to GDP was already way too high how can this end well? USA is looking to stay locked down for at least a few more weeks. The tidal wave of defaults will set the entire global system ablaze. I hope I'm wrong
Bonfire1996
AG
The bottom is in. The PPP loan program is a smashing success. It will put an enormous backstop to layoffs and furloughs for the next 12 weeks, and is literally giving, not loaning, giving $350 billion to America's entrepreneurs. Mom and pops up to significant mid sized businesses just got a shot in the arm of liquidity that they have never dreamt of.

I'm a banker and I worked all weekend inputting loans in small town USA. This program saved hundreds of jobs in my small town alone. Extrapolate that across America, add liquidity to people who have proven they can make a buck, and the end result is a kick in the ass as we emerge from COVID 19.
Bonfire1996
AG
JP_Losman said:

Part of me wants to be bullish but the other half says we are going to drop another 30-40% as the market sniffs out the catastrophe unfolding. Imagine what is lurking under the surface of the world economy. When debt to GDP was already way too high how can this end well? USA is looking to stay locked down for at least a few more weeks. The tidal wave of defaults will set the entire global system ablaze. I hope I'm wrong
the reason BofA targeted its own loan customers in the roll out of PPP is because it gave liquidity to their borrowers, and lessened BofA's risk. Those borrowers won't default, at least not for 12 weeks.
cjo03
AG
Ragoo said:

BREwmaster said:

oh wow. I haven't gone in and updated any thing. My rider dude and bike is all standard stuff. I was doing a TriDot workout.

...you guys should wear helmets. No room in ER right now if you bonk your noggin.
thirdcoast
AG
Exsurge Domine
Bonfire1996 said:

The bottom is in. The PPP loan program is a smashing success. It will put an enormous backstop to layoffs and furloughs for the next 12 weeks, and is literally giving, not loaning, giving $350 billion to America's entrepreneurs. Mom and pops up to significant mid sized businesses just got a shot in the arm of liquidity that they have never dreamt of.

I'm a banker and I worked all weekend inputting loans in small town USA. This program saved hundreds of jobs in my small town alone. Extrapolate that across America, add liquidity to people who have proven they can make a buck, and the end result is a kick in the ass as we emerge from COVID 19.

I'm with this guy
JP_Losman
AG
Sounds like a free lunch. What about the other 4 continents and all those defaults coming. Not every nation will be able to prop itself up like ours.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

What if this lasts longer than 12 weeks? Consumption is also down. I feel like a retest will happen at a minimum.
First Page Last Page
Page 1249 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.