Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,515,041 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
12thMan86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

I got annihilated today. Still up about 6k but a 2k punch in the nose.

I did pick up 7k of Wynn options Jan expy, 45 strike for only $16 though. I feel good about that
How's that learning ont he fly working? I think that was you that said that a while back. Have you checked out the tasty trades site yet?

Good luck and stay safe!
Exsurge Domine
12thMan86 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

I got annihilated today. Still up about 6k but a 2k punch in the nose.

I did pick up 7k of Wynn options Jan expy, 45 strike for only $16 though. I feel good about that
How's that learning ont he fly working? I think that was you that said that a while back. Have you checked out the tasty trades site yet?

Good luck and stay safe!

It's not going too bad. I've made a decent amount of cash on my 10k initial investment. Really hoping I have a couple of homeruns with June and December calls which are already decently green.

Haven't checked any sites yet just trying to intuit it myself
thirdcoast
AG
I like the idea of buying leaps on solid tech stocks later on in summer if we have retested lows and/or implied volitility has died down.

Would it be crazy to buy OTM leaps on a 3x tech ETF like TECL ?

I understand time decay, but not really anything else on leveraged ETF options. Is that a very stupid idea??
Talon2DSO
AG
That sucks man. Hang in there. Been through it myself.
drill4oil78
AG
claym711 said:

Neither are. You're using weekly MAs and fib levels. Fib levels are chicken bones. Throw em in a fire with some dragon blood and make a prediction. It's a retail attempt to read support/resistance levels and it's often wrong. Backtest it.

2640 is a big level but not because of fibs.

2470 is nothing. It's a meaningless Fib level. It's not far from POC so if using it to swing trade, ok.

2370-2380 is support test.
2630-50 is along the long uptrend line that has supported the bull market for 9 years and is now big overhead resistance. Also the 200wkMA area which has supported every downdraft in the bull until a month ago. Very important resistance at this time. This market goes no where until that uptrend line and 200wkMA is penetrated and acts as support again. It will more than likely going to be awhile before that happens. 2450-70 has been support for the last three days. Every attempt to go through has been met with buying and then selling at every attempt to break through 2520-40. The last three days has had higher highs and higher lows. Those 3 day trend lines have provided resistance and support for the very short term. Slowly trending up to close the gap to around 2580.

Which gap are is going to be filled first, the gap up to 2580+/- or the gap at 2300-2350 area. Both will more than likely be filled in the next week or so.
ProgN
Thank you guys for the support.
aggieband 83
AG
aeroag14 said:

Should I consider moving my 401k to cash? I have never made any moves with my 401k and I feel like that may be a good idea at this point?

In September '07 the market started to drop. It continued dropping until March '09. I continued putting money into my 401K the entire time. Never put it into cash. It was scary as hell, but each month I was getting more shares for my money. It was amazing what happened when the market turned around.

You have already lost 25-30% of value. You will not get it back if you go to cash. Instead, increase your % of giving. You will get more shares at a discounted price. Ride it out.
ProgN
aggieband 83 said:

aeroag14 said:

Should I consider moving my 401k to cash? I have never made any moves with my 401k and I feel like that may be a good idea at this point?

In September '07 the market started to drop. It continued dropping until March '09. I continued putting money into my 401K the entire time. Never put it into cash. It was scary as hell, but each month I was getting more shares for my money. It was amazing what happened when the market turned around.

You have already lost 25-30% of value. You will not get it back if you go to cash. Instead, increase your % of giving. You will get more shares at a discounted price. Ride it out.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
thirdcoast
AG
No doubt divorce sucks. But....

Fitch
azul_rain
thirdcoast
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

It's all 1s and 0s at my age. Look for tits and a heartbeat.

Thank you for listening to my TedTalk
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

No doubt divorce sucks. But....

McInnis 03
AG
Berkshire sold a bunch of DAL and LUV
azul_rain
she isnt last because shes black, shes last becuase shes the least attractive to me. put stacey dash in that lineup and she would be #1
azul_rain
wasnt he bearish just a few weeks ago
ProgN
hedge_zer0 said:

she isnt last because shes black, shes last becuase shes the least attractive to me. put stacey dash in that lineup and she would be #1
That's like picking the least attractive between a Shelby GT500 and a Corvette Z06.

azul_rain

boss 429 >
ProgN
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3104519

Have you heard anything about this or is it bs? TIA
thirdcoast
AG
I know, jk. My ranking is same as yours.
azul_rain
im gonna go cry now
FishrCoAg
AG
They all need some sandwiches.
Carlo4
AG
https://news.trust.org/item/20200403223311-8d709

Airlines lining up to apply for bailout. American, United, Southwest...
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

It hasn't been brought up on the various calls I'm on daily about COVID-19, but I also work on the downstream side and so I wouldn't be the first to hear

We've already implemented a bunch of testing before anyone heads out to rigs and I assume there's further testing of anyone that has any sickness on the rigs. I'd be pretty surprised if Trump went that way after being pro oil and trying to work on the Saudis just a couple days ago
ProgN
Thanks, that's what I was thinking too.
Rice and Fries
Hearing rumors about Oil going to drop again. Something about Putin refusing to cut if the US doesn't.

Anyone hearing things as well?
gougler08
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Hearing rumors about Oil going to drop again. Something about Putin refusing to cut if the US doesn't.

Anyone hearing things as well?

Demand hasn't changed, until there's something fundamentally different with demand (or supply is cut heavily) I can't imagine oil coming back much
MROD92
Best of luck been there. Lowest point in my life, then many years later I've never been happier. Hang in there
La Bamba
AG
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

It hasn't been brought up on the various calls I'm on daily about COVID-19, but I also work on the downstream side and so I wouldn't be the first to hear

We've already implemented a bunch of testing before anyone heads out to rigs and I assume there's further testing of anyone that has any sickness on the rigs. I'd be pretty surprised if Trump went that way after being pro oil and trying to work on the Saudis just a couple days ago
I work in Wells at a major. We are still Drilling/Completing in Permian, GoM, the ME, etc. If some activity is getting shelved this year its due to CAPEX reductions that were promised to capital markets because of oil prices (so yes, I guess because of COVID). On-site, we are just taking the crew's temperatures, and signing COVID disclaimer forms. Social distancing doesn't really apply to us at the well-site.
Post removed:
by user
claym711
AG
There is close to no one lending to upstream dev, A&D is a grave yard, and that was the case before COVID.
Red Rover
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Just reminding yall to keep an eye on Energizer.. That stock price is getting cheapppp.

I'm a bit concerned investing in any company with high debt levels. If this goes on longer those companies will be less able to bounce back and quickly and also have more downside risk IMO. Energizer's debt makes them unattractive to me. Not to say they won't be a great investment, but there are so many good deals out there right now I think I can get my money in better spots and still have big upside:
Jevertson
AG
What is the consensus on airlines? Buy now or when? Which airline? How long to recover?

I like LUV but is this the point to enter?

Thanks
First Page Last Page
Page 1247 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.