Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,140,088 Views | 224634 Replies | Last: 33 sec ago by ProgN
jj9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

2470 level is massive. Three key indicators overlap at it. We have been dancing around it for 3 days!

If I posted my chart, you'd see it isn't convoluted like the twitter one you shared. In fact, you dont even need a chart. Just three simple levels determines the next 2 weeks.

Some other posters on this thread who act like they're whizzes said 2470 isn't even on their radar. It immediately lets me know who to ignore.

Just like when I posted 2630 was massive and people wrote an essay to tell me it wasn't.
I'd like to see the chart.

Please post if you can.
thirdcoast
AG
Touchless said:

La Bamba said:

Tweet from Scott Redler this morning

We'll see what the SPY brings at close. But unless we get a reversal here with that 247 level holding, I think we hit that next level - Aggie Daniels 238 level. JMO.
I was actually just thinking about Model T for SPY over the last week and a half. $218.63 on 3/23, $263.16 on 3/31. $240.89 makes it complete. Should we expect resistance at that level?

I thought model T was 50% retracement off the low from the high, so 2791.40?

claym711
AG
Neither are. You're using weekly MAs and fib levels. Fib levels are chicken bones. Throw em in a fire with some dragon blood and make a prediction. It's a retail attempt to read support/resistance levels and it's often wrong. Backtest it.

2640 is a big level but not because of fibs.

2470 is nothing. It's a meaningless Fib level. It's not far from POC so if using it to swing trade, ok.

2370-2380 is support test.
GreasenUSA
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

2470 level is massive. Three key indicators overlap at it. We have been dancing around it for 3 days!

If I posted my chart, you'd see it isn't convoluted like the twitter one you shared. In fact, you dont even need a chart. Just three simple levels determines the next 2 weeks.

Some other posters on this thread who act like they're whizzes said 2470 isn't even on their radar. It immediately lets me know who to ignore.

Just like when I posted 2630 was massive and people wrote an essay to tell me it wasn't.
You gotta get that chip off your shoulder. Most of us are amateurs here.
aggiedaniel06
AG
claym711 said:

Neither are. You're using weekly MAs and fib levels. Fib levels are chicken bones. Throw em in a fire with some dragon blood and make a prediction. It's a retail attempt to read support/resistance levels and it's often wrong. Backtest it.

2640 is a big level but not because of fibs.

2470 is nothing. It's a meaningless Fib level. It's not far from POC so if using it to swing trade, ok.

2370-2380 is support test.
Fib is the only thing I mentioned when you asked about 2470. It's also the trendline support from 2018 correction.

And yes, I am not a day trader (unless forced to by price action). So I don't focus on intraday levels.
McInnis 03
AG
All I know is 2475 is back and if we can't break it, that's another "look out below" hourly indicator
Aggie1391
What's up with PENN? Went from $9 to $10 in the last 30 minutes
Touchless
AG
thirdcoast said:

Touchless said:

La Bamba said:

Tweet from Scott Redler this morning

We'll see what the SPY brings at close. But unless we get a reversal here with that 247 level holding, I think we hit that next level - Aggie Daniels 238 level. JMO.
I was actually just thinking about Model T for SPY over the last week and a half. $218.63 on 3/23, $263.16 on 3/31. $240.89 makes it complete. Should we expect resistance at that level?

I thought model T was 50% retracement off the low from the high, so 2791.40?

From what I've seen on it, it goes both ways, not just the bounce back from the low. I'm still learning it though, so that could be wrong.
McInnis 03
AG
Coming for SPY 250 right before close then they're bailing.
aggiedaniel06
AG
I am as well. But misinformation is dangerous, esspecially because it seems people use this thread to make decsions. How many people ignored 2630 and were waiting for the "Model T" to 2800?

Also y'all might be thinking that this is all TA mumbo jumbo and know that I am not a hardcore believer in TA either. Issue is that right now markets are trading only on technicals, since there are no fundamentals to rely on. How can you know P/E or any other valuations when E is going to be a big mystery for the next 2 quarters?

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Coming for SPY 250 right before close then they're bailing.
Maybe not.
claym711
AG
Good thing you know who to ignore then.
ProgN
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/potential-covid-19-vaccine-developed-by-upmc-pitt/XCZNYVI7GVC2JFTWCSQYUM55WU/
Quote:

There is a potential vaccine for COVID-19, doctors and researchers from UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh announced Thursday.

The vaccine, which is delivered through a fingertip-sized patch, produces what is thought to be enough antibodies to neutralize the virus.

Researchers said viruses closely related to the new coronavirus show that spike proteins are important when it comes to inducing immunity. The potential vaccine works like the current flu vaccine in that it uses lab-made pieces of viral protein to build immunity.
Quote:

The potential vaccine is being called PittCoVacc, short for Pittsburgh Coronavirus Vaccine.

The fingertip-sized patch increases the potency of the vaccine through the use of 400 tiny needles that deliver the spike protein pieces into the skin, where the immune reaction is strongest, officials said. It goes on like a Band-Aid and the needles dissolve into the skin because they're made up of sugar and the protein pieces.

"It's actually pretty painless. It feels kind of like Velcro," said Louis Falo, M.D., Ph.D., professor and chair of dermatology at Pitt's School of Medicine and UPMC.
Quote:

The process of applying for an investigational new drug approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has been started, with anticipation of starting a phase I human clinical trial in the next few months.
leoj
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

I jumped in RUBI today at 4.38. I'm long and it's not a huge position.

Have to keep in mind as revenues are about to go way down. So TTD, GOOGL, RUBI, etc are going to get hit possibly. But long term, obviously, all are great buys imo.
aggiedaniel06
AG
I mean, we're in agremeent of the general bearish view. But you seem to be a pro trader and not sure how you don't see 2470 as anything.

And care to explain the battleground for it for the past 3 days?
thirdcoast
AG
So do we think a support above low is going to hold before a retracement? Or do we think a double bottom at low needs to be put in before heading up to a model T?
aeroag14
AG
So how do we think we are going to close this week?
jj9000
AG
AnyOtherName
AG
aeroag14 said:

So how do we think we are going to close this week?
I need LK to blow up to the 15 model T or I am ducked.
aggiedaniel06
AG
No one can predict that. What is certain is to look at the trading ranges. It has gotten tighter and tighter each day. Either Monday or Tuesday, this puppy is gonna blow either to the upside or downside.

Unfortunately it's going to be a gap up/down open, because you know, markets be like that.
gougler08
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

No one can predict that. What is certain is to look at the trading ranges. It has gotten tighter and tighter each day. Either Monday or Tuesday, this puppy is gonna blow either to the upside or downside.

Unfortunately it's going to be a gap up/down open, because you know, markets be like that.

I agree with that, should get a good feel early next week as this wedge is running out of room
Aggie_2463
AG
Damn you RUBI
gougler08
AG
Holy volume batman
AgEng06
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Damn you RUBI
crap
jj9000
AG
gougler08 said:

Holy volume batman
No doubt!!

If you blink you might miss a 25 point swing!
aggiedaniel06
AG
gougler08 said:

Holy volume batman
That's our boy J-POW. Look at the exact same candle yesterday and today at 15:51 ET
gougler08
AG
Got us through out 2470 though...guess we'll see what the news has in store this weekend
GreasenUSA
AG
Went with the SPY 246 Straddle 15 minutes before close to make a quick 50% on the trade. Also realized a 10% gain on the account for the week. Time to treat myself to some crawfish!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Why did the SPY 4/9 248p get so cheap right there near the end? Was it people unloading on a Friday afternoon? Was it those two big green candles? I bought some and am just wondering if I got bear trapped.
ProgN
GreasenUSA said:

Went with the SPY 246 Straddle 15 minutes before close to make a quick 50% on the trade. Also realized a 10% gain on the account for the week. Time to treat myself to some crawfish!
If you don't bring enough for the class then you can't have any.
Exsurge Domine
I got annihilated today. Still up about 6k but a 2k punch in the nose.

I did pick up 7k of Wynn options Jan expy, 45 strike for only $16 though. I feel good about that
aggiedaniel06
AG
MM's are absolutely savage. We have solid red day but VIX down 8%. Put holders also toast.
GreasenUSA
AG
Prognightmare said:

GreasenUSA said:

If you don't bring enough for the class then you can't have any.
damn, I'd love to be in the presence of friends. It sucks living in the middle of nowhere by yourself right now.
ProgN
I feel ya. I'm going through a divorce and I don't get my son back until Sunday
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

I feel ya. I'm going through a divorce and I don't get my son back until Sunday

Oh no...sorry to hear that man
First Page Last Page
Page 1246 of 6419

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.