Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,845 Views | 224262 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by McInnis 03
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just keep telling yourselves 2+ Trillion plus the Fed.

I'm buying the selling earlier and can use options if no bounce to protect. End of quarter rebalancing so generally when you see directional moves during the session today they will be extended.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
gig em 02
deadbq03 said:

Bocephus said:

BREwmaster said:

Virginia now has shelter in place until June 10th, WTF!

I'm starting to wonder why elderly aren't shelter in place and the under 60 allowed out? This would benefit the elderly in the long run as many of us would get it, get over it, build up herd immunity.

This is what's going to happen
Considering half the patients of our hospitals right now are under 60, I don't think that's the answer, either. The death rate isn't really the issue, it's the hospitalizations.

The right answer all along would've been to have a robust public health system capable of mass testing. Then you could do targeted quarantines and let everyone else continue to live their lives.

But of course that only works if people have a habit of wanting to go to hospitals for minor issues; when you've got no insurance and no sick leave, that's unlikely to happen. Hell even with insurance, I woke up with severe chest pain one morning and was like "dang, my deductible is $3k, do I really want to eat that up if this is nothing, which it likely is at my age?"

I'll hop off the soapbox because it doesn't belong here, but I really hope people rethink the importance of public health care after this. If the dude making your Torchy's tacos comes to work sick because he has no other viable choice, it just might affect you someday.
I dunno, I'd much rather be in the US than the UK right now.
khaos288
AG
gig em 02 said:

deadbq03 said:

Bocephus said:

BREwmaster said:

Virginia now has shelter in place until June 10th, WTF!

I'm starting to wonder why elderly aren't shelter in place and the under 60 allowed out? This would benefit the elderly in the long run as many of us would get it, get over it, build up herd immunity.

This is what's going to happen
Considering half the patients of our hospitals right now are under 60, I don't think that's the answer, either. The death rate isn't really the issue, it's the hospitalizations.

The right answer all along would've been to have a robust public health system capable of mass testing. Then you could do targeted quarantines and let everyone else continue to live their lives.

But of course that only works if people have a habit of wanting to go to hospitals for minor issues; when you've got no insurance and no sick leave, that's unlikely to happen. Hell even with insurance, I woke up with severe chest pain one morning and was like "dang, my deductible is $3k, do I really want to eat that up if this is nothing, which it likely is at my age?"

I'll hop off the soapbox because it doesn't belong here, but I really hope people rethink the importance of public health care after this. If the dude making your Torchy's tacos comes to work sick because he has no other viable choice, it just might affect you someday.
I dunno, I'd much rather be in the US than the UK right now.

Except the US is the greatest country ever. We don't have to do things half ass.
Exsurge Domine
Nabors going for the 15:1 reverse split
McInnis 03
McInnis 03
AG
La Bamba said:

Teva on way to close that $10 gap
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ProgN
Exsurge Domine said:

Nabors going for the 15:1 reverse split
I expect several in that industry to do the same
Ragoo
AG
Roku needs to break $90
Exsurge Domine
Watch what happens right after
Ernest Tucker
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Watch what happens right after

What happens right after?
ProgN
Stocks typically continue to drop after a reverse split.
oldarmy1
AG
DIS, NVDA, NFLX early front runners on strong buying
oldarmy1
AG
Buy the weekly $92.50 ROKU calls for a cheap play on potential breakout after it hits support
PPAag06
AG
You adding to RH?
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buy the weekly $92.50 ROKU calls for a cheap play on potential breakout after it hits support
I swore I'd never play this stock again. THIS IS IT, I EITHER SUCCEED NOW OR I'M DONE, I'M FREAKING DONE WITH YOU ROKU.
oldarmy1
AG
NET is breaking out. With markets movement I'd opt for either buying the stock outright and add on pullbacks now that signal has been lit or go with options out to May 15.
Exsurge Domine
SPY having a tough time with the .382 line of resistance at $264.41. Next line of support seems to be $246.77
claym711
AG
Looks to me like HFT and other algos are coming back online.
oldarmy1
AG
MOMO close to breaking upward. $22.35 would likely test $22.75 and if that breaks $25 is a guarantee.
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I swore I'd never play this stock again. THIS IS IT, I EITHER SUCCEED NOW OR I'M DONE, I'M FREAKING DONE WITH YOU ROKU.
Don't you dare talk to my ROKU that way!
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

It worked this time. IT freakign worked, hold on, gotta go "Confirm and Send"
oldarmy1
AG
ADBE bands getting tight. Any upward pressure would break it out
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

come here, I want to kiss you
ProgN

I took a flyer on the 4/17 150c just to see if the squeeze happens.
Exsurge Domine
Prognightmare said:

I took a flyer on the 4/17 150c just to see if the squeeze happens.

You're a brave man. The premiums are killing me.

It also just busted through its upward bollinger band.
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU hit at $92.50 if you think its not real you can short it here
ProgN
I just bought 1 call for $2.75 If it goes to 172 it's a lotto, if not it's a 300 write off
AggieKeith15
AG
Got out at 92.30. No need to be greedy!
fightintxag13
AG
oldarmy1 said:

NET is breaking out. With markets movement I'd opt for either buying the stock outright and add on pullbacks now that signal has been lit or go with options out to May 15.
THANK YOU OA!!!!! You recommended this as a stock to hold for 2020 at the end of December. I bought the underlying shares as well as some calls out to August in my Roth account. This has been YUUUUGE!
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ROKU hit at $92.50 if you think its not real you can short it here
got in at 2.04 out at 3.40, not a bad few minutes.
oldarmy1
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

Got out at 92.30. No need to be greedy!
Glad you made some dough hut remember what I said earlier about once we get directional moves the odds are high they extend.
AggieKeith15
AG
Makes sense, thanks!

Do you think it will dip much throughout the day? Below $90?
oldarmy1
AG
ADBE moved up $4.25 from post and is right at breakout point. This also tells you the broader markets will fight here. Note S&P came back a little. This is the last line before Model T completes.
oldarmy1
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

Makes sense, thanks!

Do you think it will dip much throughout the day? Below $90?
No
First Page Last Page
Page 1225 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.