Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,099 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wynn starting to drop
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
You guys got nothing on me. I shorted LADR this morning about 10:00am. Yeah...
oldarmy1
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

For the you and others asking on should I sell and capture profit:

OldArmy can correct me, but the reason why he has been so successful is that he follows the rules he made. Once the stock hits his target (model T, etc) he sells.

You need to do the same. If you try to use gut/emotion for every buy and sell, you will likely do worse than following the rules.

I don't know what I am talking about right now. I am working on building rules for myself.

Amen. I can't tell you how many times you see "I should have sold" in this profession.

Prices move up and down. When a target is reached you follow the discipline and don't care about further action. Amazing how many times those continuation pushes fall hard and you're left saying "what was I thinking?!".
azul_rain
ZOMBIE MARKET
McInnis 03
AG
chrisfield said:

Oh no.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Texags B&I called it and I was wrong the bottom has been set and it's a clear bottom so BUY BUY BUY !!!
-Lee Corso

That's right folks my Model Yugo data point is saying BUY BUY BUY !!!

Youngsters can google Yugo.
oldarmy1
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

ZOMBIE MARKET
It was an opportunity to punish some lesser capitalized bears. Really nothing more but momentum will carry us to Model T almost as certain as the sun rising in the east. So we play with them.
thirdcoast
AG
chrisfield said:

Thanks for posting this. Sorry to hear but makes me feel better for selling my $5 calls for .50 yesterday.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
I'm here for you guys. Until I run out of money. Which may not be that long at this rate.
oldarmy1
AG
Do not short in this market. If we close in on Model T then as you sell your shares buy a shorter term Put 10% below exit price and if we begin a hard wave down you either profit on the downside with the Put or convert it into a short.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Do not short in this market. If we close in on Model T then as you sell your shares buy a shorter term Put 10% below exit price and if we begin a hard wave down you either profit on the downside with the Put or convert it into a short.
What number of days do you suggest? 15-30?
BB675
AG
Anything worth buying in the next day or two even with everything already high?
azul_rain
im sorry what is Model T?
azul_rain
wait until we bottom
Aggie_2463
AG
Stimulus Question:

"Payments will phase out at a rate of $5 per every additional $100 in income over $75,000 in adjusted gross income for singles, $112,500 for heads of household, and $150,000 for married couples filing jointly."

Am I interpreting this right that if you filed as a head of household (Single with a kid basically), that you get $1,200 if your income was below $112,500 then for every $100 after that it will reduce by $5. Which would mean the threshold for HOH getting any money is $136,500?
AgShaun00
AG
5th time today SPY is trying to break 259
aggiedaniel06
AG
chrisfield said:

Man, that sucks. The REIT's are in terrible shapre, but you're just too early.

It's like the movie Gladiator, in the last scene Caesar shanks Maximus before the gladiator match, but before Maximus slowly bleeds to death, he kills Caesar.

If you have the solvency to hold the short for a few months, you could be alright. Also shorting LADR was a bad idea because of the upcoming dividend on April 1, which you'll be on the hook for.
Boat Shoes
AG
I'm holding some Jun 19 $JNK $80 puts that were up big until the last few days. Didn't quite get to net free now almost back to even. Thoughts on whether well still see a lot of default in the junk bond market? Or does the bailout remove some of that risk?
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

What number of days do you suggest? 15-30?
If this is truly going to be a retest then it is nearly impossible for a market to last a week near its parabola top. Go cheaper puts with a 1 week, 2week max horizon.
PuryearAg98
AG
GPMT - Up 311%
fightintxag13
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Rejected again
azul_rain
can somebody with much greater knowledge than me explain why the market is going up after 3.1 million are unemployed
oldarmy1
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

Fancy made up term for a 50% retracement of a major directional trend move that occurred.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgShaun00 said:

If the S&P can't crack 2600 today, 3/27 255P are on my radar at the close
AgShaun00
AG
is there the goalpost on the minute chart for SPY. First one was green, second red?
Touchless
AG
Touchless said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Touchless said:

LADR 5/15 $5C $0.5

Not sure if I should get out and take the winnings or let it ride out. Feel like there will be a retraction on it but a month and a half out has a lot of room to run. Just wish I'd bought more of them.
This is not the environment to be overly greedy in. I left ~$10k on the table selling out of all of my LADR calls, but I look at as I made ~$5k. Cover your costs and take some profits. Leave some for a runner
Sold 3 of the 5. Holding the other 2 until it either gets to $12, or drops back down to $7
Okay, I chickened out and sold the other two. Netted out at 688% gain. Really needed that to offset some of these puts I got goin on.
Post removed:
by user
george1992
All A&M said:

hedge_zer0 said:

can somebody with much greater knowledge than me explain why the market is going up after 3.1 million are unemployed

Momentum trading?
I've always been told to follow the herd!!!
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

Fancy made up term for a 50% retracement of a major directional trend move that occurred.

Should have called it the "halfback"
Rice and Fries
Anyone playing the Airlines?

Read a good report talking about Delta being in good positioning to manage this downturn. The analyst lifted them to a speculative BUY.
khaos288
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

Some estimates were 5+, so that was priced in. therefore 3.1 brought the market up, plus the stimulus bills moving closer.
Barnyard96
AG
george1992 said:

All A&M said:

hedge_zer0 said:

Momentum trading?
I've always been told to follow the herd!!!
Sometimes right off the cliff!
aginlakeway
AG
tam2002 said:

Wynn starting to drop
Big time. I got out of what I had left earlier today. Crazy ride the last week.
Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

So would you character that as like a W chart (never heard of this so I'm making it up. You hear of V or U bottoms, but perhaps a W is more appropriate with the temp reversal)? Steep drop, 50% back to where it was and then another quick drop back to the bottom before returning back to the original starting point?

I've been trying to understand the math on this as it's been mentioned on the thread countless times. Is this accurate as an example? Start at $200 --> $100 --> $150 --> $100?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
aginlakeway said:

tam2002 said:

Wynn starting to drop
Big time. I got out of what I had left earlier today. Crazy ride the last week.
Looks like the most recent level of support was around 64.50ish, with a gap to about 59 if it doesn't hold there.
First Page Last Page
Page 1203 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.