Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,003,566 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4 republicans and then Bernie on other side both making noise. Plus unemployment in the morning.

On the other hand, MU with a rev beat and still in line FY guidance, so that's not bad.
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Aggie09Derek said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Information I posts comes off of CheddarFlow over 95% of the time... I've been pretty up front about that with people and pretty sure most here know. If you think people in here are front running others, you're giving us way too much credit.
Their twitter or do you pay $85 a month for their platform?

I pay the $85/month. It's more than paid for itself many times over
How have you used their info to make moves? They just post the big sweeps right? So you make a play on the same spots as what they're showing you?
CSTXAg92
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Tomorrow will be volatile and Thursday will be down big after the job loss report. We have not hit a bottom yet, it is ridiculous to think so with retracting activity. Regardless of what Trump says, people are not spending money. I personally spend 1500 or so a month in restaurants and my restaurant spend is zero. I probably spend 10K a month on flights and hotels, that is also zero. My uber spending is likely $500 - 1K a month, also zero. I'm not driving around much and I'm not buying clothes, gadgets, and other non essential goods. I've asked my house keeper not to come until at least the end of April (I'm still paying her because it's the right thing to do).

There are a lot of people behaving like me. I'm not getting back on an airplane or visiting customers until this improves, and most companies are going to behave exactly the same, regardless of what Trump says or does. Our economy runs on consumer spending.
This will not stop until Trump does the hard thing and commits 6 weeks to a shutdown. New Yorkers have been flying everywhere.
I travel for work as well, so +1 for almost every aspect of the above post. Biggest difference is we have four kids, so we're keeping our help as long as the city doesn't lock down.
IrishTxAggie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Aggie09Derek said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Information I posts comes off of CheddarFlow over 95% of the time... I've been pretty up front about that with people and pretty sure most here know. If you think people in here are front running others, you're giving us way too much credit.

How have you used their info to make moves? They just post the big sweeps right? So you make a play on the same spots as what they're showing you?

Depends. I see the moves in real time and I'll jump at them a few minutes before the tweet. Can save a good bit on the premiums. Also, you'll see a lot of other options that they don't tweet like some small-mid cap plays that make you think "WTF?" And then there's PR and it's up 1000% 3 days later
Aggie09Derek
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Aggie09Derek said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Maybe one day we can all do a Zoom video and you can show us what you use on it and all the things you look for.

Does ToS not have similar things for free as cheddarflow?
leoj
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Aggie09Derek said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Maybe one day we can all do a Zoom video and you can show us what you use on it and all the things you look for.

Does ToS not have similar things for free as cheddarflow?

I've set up some screeners where you can kind of see high options volume, but I don't think it's great at really capturing important or unusual info, and then it also won't show the type such as sweep/block, just overall numbers.
Snoopy03
AG
New here. Does anyone trade commodities (specifically orange juice futures)?
oldarmy1
AG
Obviously if I buy something and post it, like IWM Put's today I have already made the determination to enter. My average price was $2.02 when posted and it jumped to $2.32 but then on a market bump it dropped to $1.89.

Generally, we're trading options that make larger moves. That means they make quicker short term moves. When I post an entry I would be patient if it's moved too quick or if barely above, by the time you see it, then I'd average in. I tried to buy more at $1.89 and missed fills, probably due to some in here. It's all good.
azul_rain
Snoopy03 said:

New here. Does anyone trade commodities (specifically orange juice futures)?
Alta
AG
No but might be a good buy. I historically have not purchased a lot of OJ but have been buying it lately so my kids can have a treat with their pancakes for breakfast. I plan to continue these purchases throughout the Covid-19 crisis and then stop.
02skiag
AG
What time do they release the unemployment report?
Harkrider 93
AG
02skiag said:

7:30am
IrishTxAggie
AG
Can do something like that.
ProgN
02skiag said:

7:30 am cst
ProgN
Looking at some of bull**** in that stimulus bill, it'll hurt the markets, but I hope it fails.
Barnyard96
AG
Its pretty sad.
azul_rain
specifics?
ProgN
The no ID ballot request and sanctioned ballot harvesting is a no go for me.
ProgN
hedge_zer0 said:

specifics?

It also pays people $24/hr for 16 weeks, not to work.
azul_rain
i wonder who put that in there?
Barnyard96
AG
WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT
jj9000
AG
Easy there folks.

That appears to be the House Bill.

Not the Senate Bill that's been on the 2 yard line for 2 days.
azul_rain
oh damn there is two of them ?
ProgN
Guy on Fast Money just had a good point. The whisper number is 5 Million new claims tomorrow. He said that even though the Street is expecting it the Algos will fire off orders, in either direction, depending on the news headline. So drink up tonight and get ready for some possible fireworks at 7:31 am.
Fightin2010
AG
This is quite a goal line stand.
azul_rain

el pres having a bad day with $CAKE
jj9000
AG
Prognightmare said:

Guy on Fast Money just had a good point. The whisper number is 5 Million new claims tomorrow. He said that even though the Street is expecting it the Algos will fire off orders, in either direction, depending on the news headline. So drink up tonight and get ready for some possible fireworks at 7:31 am.
What I can't get my head wrapped around is if it's well known that the Unemployment number is going to be a factor of X higher than average, why isn't there current massive selloffs in the Futures Market. No way 5 Mil has already been priced in.
IrishTxAggie
AG
jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

What I can't get my head wrapped around is if it's well known that the Unemployment number is going to be a factor of X higher than average, why isn't there current massive selloffs in the Futures Market. No way 5 Mil has already been priced in.
That would be about 3/4 of all the jobs gained under Trump correct?
Ragoo
AG
jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

my question too. Everyone and their brother knows this. Street knows it. Algos probably don't though.
Agzonfire
Newb question!
I've got about 3k that I'm using to trade, I'm running into being limited to 3-4 trades a day and then being locked out of making any more. It looks like it's a rule having to do with not having 25k in my account. Is there a site I should be using to get around this? Does everyone here have more than 25k in thir account?? If so, props to you guys!
Any help is appreciated, I find all of this fascinating
Aggie_2463
AG
Agzonfire said:

Newb question!
I've got about 3k that I'm using to trade, I'm running into being limited to 3-4 trades a day and then being locked out of making any more. It looks like it's a rule having to do with not having 25k in my account. Is there a site I should be using to get around this? Does everyone here have more than 25k in thir account?? If so, props to you guys!

You can only make 3 day trades in a 5 day period if you have less than $25k in your account. They will freeze your account if you don't abide by that rule
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Looks like pyx is gonna sell off their line of cannabis products. Anybody know what that does to my calls? Guess it depends if it's a share or cash deal? If they use the proceeds to strengthen the balance sheet the stonk goes up and I profit?
TV Casualty
AG
Agzonfire said:

Newb question!

Change your account to a cash account instead of a margin account and then you will be able to day trade. You just can't exceed the amount that you have in your account and may have to wait for trades to settle.
Grown Pear
AG
I'm curious if "selling high" means something different with cannabis stocks?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I wish I could use "investing high" as an excuse but I don't partake. I'm just dum
First Page Last Page
Page 1195 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.