Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,267,019 Views | 225217 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

Looking at jumping in when we bottom out, positions are buy and hold. So far I have:

DIS
AAPL
SPY
VOO

Any others I should look into ?
Good list

I think you can get $115 on DIS for action
Harkrider 93
AG
gougler08 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

Seriously what is with this market?! Down already after agreeing on a big stimulus bill. I don't get it.

This is why we can't have nice things!
The 8% increase yesterday was the stimulus bill (and as someone else noted, most other times there's another drop to come after it's announced)
I doubt the market will run up, but the bill technically hasn't passed because there aren't enough Representatives in the House.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pelosi is a worthless *****. We have to pass the bill so we can see what's in it...
HustlerAggie
Harkrider 93 said:

gougler08 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

Seriously what is with this market?! Down already after agreeing on a big stimulus bill. I don't get it.

The 8% increase yesterday was the stimulus bill (and as someone else noted, most other times there's another drop to come after it's announced)
I doubt the market will run up, but the bill technically hasn't passed because there aren't enough Representatives in the House.

Too many sick?
Hustle Harder
La Bamba
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

I think we will have more upside short term but look out after it finds its top.

2792 is Model T on SPX.
278 on SPY

I'd be making plans anywhere around 2700 to take all actions.

p.s. In order for M<odel T to be activiated you have to break $250 on SPY and 2550 SPX

I tried to understand this...and I did. Came out with 279 when I did it myself. You know, its the small things in life...
oldarmy1
oldarmy1
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

Looking at jumping in when we bottom out, positions are buy and hold. So far I have:

DIS
AAPL
SPY
VOO

BTW...Add FMC
TheCougarHunter
AG
DFS
azul_rain
will do
Armyof1975
La Bamba said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

I think we will have more upside short term but look out after it finds its top.

2792 is Model T on SPX.
278 on SPY

p.s. In order for M<odel T to be activiated you have to break $250 on SPY and 2550 SPX

I tried to understand this...and I did. Came out with 279 when I did it myself. You know, its the small things in life...
How do you calculate Model T?

Is it a 25% jump from the low point or is it more complicated than that? (looks like 2792 is a 26.45% jump from the low point for SPX, so I might have the number wrong?)
Rydyn
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

DIS
AAPL
SPY
VOO

SPY and VOO are almost the same thing from different brokers. Pick the cheaper one and add VB (small cap index) to your list. That is, depending on your view of the small company recovery.
oldarmy1
AG
DIS premarket to $102.50 area and drops all the way to $95.50. Al the way back above $100 shows you strength underlying buyers
Fightin2010
AG
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/stimulus-senate-action-coronavirus/index.html

Selling the news.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Added more SPY March 30th puts when mkt was at its peak this morning. Been a wild day.

http://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3102444
Reading this thread got me thinking need to continue to hedge.
La Bamba
AG
Armyof1975 said:

La Bamba said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

2792 is Model T on SPX.
278 on SPY

How do you calculate Model T?

Is it a 25% jump from the low point or is it more complicated than that? (looks like 2792 is a 26.45% jump from the low point for SPX, so I might have the number wrong?)
50% retracement from when the big move started. So, I looked at the daily chart of the SPY. Used 339 at starting point of the move (the highs) and 218 (bottom wick on 3/23) as the "top" (or bottom in this case) of the move. 339 + 218 = 557 / 2 = 278.5.
khaos288
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Added more SPY March 30th puts when mkt was at its peak this morning. Been a wild day.

http://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3102444
Reading this thread got me thinking need to continue to hedge.
april 3 220 puts are AWFULLY tempting
PPAag06
AG
Agreed, very unsettling first hand information.
Fitch
AG
Yup. If Mardi Gras is precedent for what's happening in Louisiana, then spring breakers are probably 2 weeks out from hitting the news.
Harkrider 93
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

2792 is Model T on SPX.
278 on SPY

To you, is Model T more accurate than the Fibonacci retracements, which I think is 2650 for the first one?
azul_rain
i dont think we are out of the woods yet with corona, things are just starting to ramp up.
claym711
AG
claym711 said:

FYI day after >8% move. 4/5 gapped down. 5/5 closed down from open. Intraday should swing up then melt tomorrow.

One day was 10/29/08 where fed dropped bearish sentiment that spiked the close from +5% to -1% in minutes, so it's not entirely out of the question to have an up day, but unlikely
m

Sold futures at 4a closed at 530a. Sold the open fake out and went flat.

Expect we will drop again before EOD but low confidence. 2600-2700 is in play. If we get to 2700-2800 and you're in equities, I'd get out.

Quarter end rebalancing at funds could get send us to that level.

"The worst is over"
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Better close the roads and airports before they pull that ***** The flight out of the city will be massive.
jj9000
AG
claym711 said:

"The worst is over"
????
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

claym711 said:

"The worst is over"
????

I think that's a joke about the timeline where when people say that it's the bull trap rally mid recession
Harkrider 93
AG
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

claym711 said:

"The worst is over"
????

I think that's a joke about the timeline where when people say that it's the bull trap rally mid recession
Is it just me or does anyone else get confused on what a bear or bull trap is?

All traps sound bad to me except for the boobie trap. That one is intriguing.
azul_rain
bull trap : market goes down; people think its over ,get bullish, start buying; market goes down even more

gougler08
AG
Looking like some of my covered calls will get called out on Friday...will just sit on the cash for the next wave down most likely
McInnis 03
AG
gougler08 said:

Looking like some of my covered calls will get called out on Friday...will just sit on the cash for the next wave down most likely

That's how you do it! I rolled some of mine today that were really green for me
aggieland09
AG
FYI, army friend called active duty for 6month term of domestic deployment related to corona virus. Also army reserve friend called in for 3 month domestic deployment. Both this week and already on duty. IMO not good news for the market. I lurk this thread and don't post much but thought y'all would want this tip if you hadn't heard already.
azul_rain
hmm what is the army up too ?
Grown Pear
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

bull trap : market goes down, people think its over get bullish start buying, market goes down even more

Love this. Is the general sentiment here that we're likely somewhere in between "return to normal" and "fear"

ETA obviously this stimulus shot things up... so maybe between "bull trap" and "return to normal" now...
YNWA_AG
AG
Make sure to tell your aunt so she can post on Facebook
azul_rain
good question i dont see the markets going up much when the stimulus bill passes. Maybe leveling off then steady decline until covid is no longer a threat
Carlo4
AG
Problem with that graph is time. 3 years wiped out in a month. Now the bounce, if it is that, is up 1 year of gains in 2-3 days.

Very quick with all this.
First Page Last Page
Page 1191 of 6435

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.