Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,079,095 Views | 224428 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by El_duderino
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buying more VLO
XpressAg09
AG
Sort of new to options, but what's red vs. green? Is it in and out of the money? Or just trending up or down?
PPAag06
AG
Post a screenshot. Each platform shows a little differently.
Aggie_2463
AG
Back to my VST stock

Prices hit $1,000 a MW last night for an hour (typically $15 during this time of year), and the past couple weeks we have been seeing avg $30 range some days. Q1 should be far better than most other companies out there.

40+ plants across country, with majority NG plants, some coal still remains, solar and wind.... $14.05 today, should return to $23 quite easily once we start our rebound.
TXAG14
Green good. Red bad.
AggieKeith15
AG
Seriously what is with this market?! Down already after agreeing on a big stimulus bill. I don't get it.

This is why we can't have nice things!
XpressAg09
AG
AgShaun00
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Back to my VST stock

Prices hit $1,000 a MW last night for an hour (typically $15 during this time of year), and the past couple weeks we have been seeing avg $30 range some days. Q1 should be far better than most other companies out there.

40+ plants across country, with majority NG plants, some coal still remains, solar and wind.... $14.05 today, should return to $23 quite easily once we start our rebound.
How do you get this type of intel?

IrishTxAggie
AG
That's change. Green is positive. Red is negative. Look at the percentage marks
Aggie_2463
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Back to my VST stock

How do you get this type of intel?

Well, you can download Ercot app for wholesale prices ever 15 mins.... Or go online to their website for real time pricing.

Granted, most companies sell ahead and have power already sold, but they still sell some real time.

I'm also basing it off the fact it's a utility company who's profit is driven by power prices, and they haven''t dropped and plants aren't turning off while other businesses close shop for 2 weeks. More people at home during day need AC running, and skeleton crews at shop still use power.
AgShaun00
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

Seriously what is with this market?! Down already after agreeing on a big stimulus bill. I don't get it.

I think someone posted an article that shows the last stimulus bill the same thing happened. Get ready to buy. They agreed, but they haven't pumped the money into it yet. When everyone thinks it will do one thing, the opposite usually happens.
YNWA_AG
AG
Can't believe you made the market go down like this
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm going strong bull on Ulta. I'm crushing hard on Mary Dillon.
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

Can't believe you made the market go down like this
khaos288
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

khaos288 said:

What a crazy rally. Wonder how long it will last.

Only bought one or two manic positions yesterday and held none over night. All the overnight plays are 2-300%+

I made 400% on the BA $150 call. I've got a spy put I bought before close as a hedge that will most likely expire worthless today.
My only inhibitor is the fact that I can't day trade. Working on getting 25k in my TDA account so I won't be limited, cause I've missed out on some good opportunities since I don't want to get flagged.

Happy with Manic Trading so far though. Paid for itself the first two trades or so.
What's your twitter handle?

And TDA never stopped me from day trading when I was under 25k. Did you sign up for a margin account?
WestTexAg12
AG
khaos288 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

khaos288 said:

Only bought one or two manic positions yesterday and held none over night. All the overnight plays are 2-300%+

I made 400% on the BA $150 call. I've got a spy put I bought before close as a hedge that will most likely expire worthless today.
My only inhibitor is the fact that I can't day trade. Working on getting 25k in my TDA account so I won't be limited, cause I've missed out on some good opportunities since I don't want to get flagged.

Happy with Manic Trading so far though. Paid for itself the first two trades or so.

And TDA never stopped me from day trading when I was under 25k. Did you sign up for a margin account?

I've got a margin account. Been using RobinHood until I can get my TDA funded.

It's the profile picture of a Trump2020 hat.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
WestTexAg12
AG
Seems like clear resistance at $250 and support at $239 for SPY.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
khaos288
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

khaos288 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

khaos288 said:

I've got a margin account. Been using RobinHood until I can get my TDA funded.

It's the profile picture of a Trump2020 hat.

Oh ok, yeah that's why I left RH. That and same day expiry trades.
HustlerAggie
AggieKeith15 said:

Priced in from yesterday's jump already.
Hustle Harder
Carlo4
AG
3 month bond just went negative briefly.
Grown Pear
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Also talking about mindset:

• "Hope" is not an investment strategy. Hanging on to some stock you lost money in waiting for it to "get back to even," costs you opportunity.
  • You aren't a loser. Whatever happened previously is over, and it doesn't make you a "loser." However, staying in losing positions or strategies will continue to cost you.
  • Selling does NOT lock in losses. The losses have already occurred. Selling, however, gives you the ability to take advantage of "opportunity" to begin the recovery process.

I wholeheartedly believe this and have this mindset now.

When I first began investing in an individual account I definitely suffered from "anchoring bias" fixating on the price I bought in at like that actually made any difference on the value of the firm. I've 90% let this go... it sneaks back in occasionally, lol.
GreasenUSA
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

khaos288 said:

Change your account status from margin to cash. Then as long as you cumulatively don't trade over the amount of cash balance by settlement, you can bypass the pattern day trader limits.
Harkrider 93
AG
One common thing traders watch is RSI. It has put in lower highs.

It is one of the last hold outs that was flashing wait to buy.

For those that understand RSI, does it appear to have turned the buy switch on?

There are other signs these traders are still waiting for. They also think we retest lows or even surpass them.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought back all $23.40 sells of MOMO. I knew we'd have pullback into the Bill passage but $22.30 was too good to pass up rebuying a full load.

12.1 P/E and a 5% dividend in social media space is a gift for buy to hold, if not trade IMO.
gougler08
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

The 8% increase yesterday was the stimulus bill (and as someone else noted, most other times there's another drop to come after it's announced)
aginlakeway
AG
WYNN
+6.57

I bought some at 39 and a lot more at 48 earlier this month. I'm about to get out of half of it. Maybe I'm stupid. But I'm not greedy.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

AggieKeith15 said:

The 8% increase yesterday was the stimulus bill (and as someone else noted, most other times there's another drop to come after it's announced)
I think we will have more upside short term but look out after it finds its top.

2792 is Model T on SPX.
278 on SPY

I'd be making plans anywhere around 2700 to take all actions.

p.s. In order for M<odel T to be activiated you have to break $250 on SPY and 2550 SPX

RGRAg1/75
AG
aginlakeway said:

WYNN
+6.57

Seems primed for a Put?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Fitch
AG
Sold out of WYNN for a nice gain. Probably miss on some upside, but COVID news from other forums is...not good...
aginlakeway
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

aginlakeway said:

WYNN
+6.57

Seems primed for a Put?
Maybe. I'm now out of half of what I bought. I'll take 50% return in a few weeks every day.
HustlerAggie
Check out platinum and palladium. (PALL for palladium) South Africa is closing their mines for the coronavirus and account for a large chunk (most?) of the world mining of those two metals.
Hustle Harder
Post removed:
by user
AggiePeeps06
AG
I bought Puts 30 minutes ago. Y'all are welcome
azul_rain
Looking at jumping in when we bottom out, positions are buy and hold. So far I have:

DIS
AAPL
SPY
VOO

Any others I should look into ?
First Page Last Page
Page 1190 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.