Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,979,164 Views | 224071 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by ProgN
azul_rain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean we still have weeks of this no economy working bull***** Not sure why people are very bullish because of the stimulus package
Carlo4
AG
All I know is I switched and went long SPXU about 1.5 hours ago and made another 10%. Geez what a freaking day for everyone regardless of your attack plan. Still 2 hours left and no vote.
ProgN
ProgN
Rumor is the vote will be tonight.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Easter has always made the most sense to me
J_Landes89
AG
"The American Resurrection"
khaos288
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

I mean we still have weeks of this no economy working bull***** Not sure why people are very bullish because of the stimulus package
Same, I'm 100% cash after a few trades today
BIMS O1
AG
50 billion to passenger airlines! Are we just going to nationalize the airlines?

American has a market cap of 5.6 billion
Southwest a market cap of 18.7 billion
Delta 16.5 billion
United 7.7 billion

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Agnzona
These are just loans, BTW after 9/11 I recall that Microsoft could buy every US airline with cash on hand. I guess Apple could today.

This is the time for those that think they want to run an airline.
Ragoo
AG
I guess uncle warren didn't want to make a pitch to acquire a couple under BRK?
McInnis 03
AG
Kind of eyeballing the SPY 190P or 200P for April 1 or 3. When you look at the chart over the last month we're losing 25 points a week. I feel like we have another one in us......just not sure yet.
tam2002
AG
I think we definitely do
Rice and Fries
Ragoo said:

I guess uncle warren didn't want to make a pitch to acquire a couple under BRK?
He's gonna buy Boeing.
ProgN
I like the idea but I'd up the strike price and pay the premium. Then trade them on a big move to the downside.
jj9000
AG
Interesting snippet from the NYT

Quote:

Others are even more emphatic. For example, Richard Bernstein, a former Merrill Lynch strategist who now runs his own firm, said he thought investors were still barely coming to grips with the reality of a bear market.

That's not surprising, he said, because a falling market typically has three important phases.
In the first phase, he said, people tend to say things like: "The worst is over. There are bargains out there. I've got to jump in."

The second is: "No, this is worse than anybody ever imagined." Right now, he said, people are probably teetering between these two attitudes.

The last phase is: "This will never end. It's hopeless." That's when you want to be fully invested in stocks, Mr. Bernstein said, and when there are easy profits. It happened in March 2009, when the market began to take off, yet few people believed it.

"It will happen again, " he said, "even with the coronavirus, but we're not there yet."
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I see dead cats

AggieKeith15
AG
Won't the stimulus passing give a second bounce before crashing? Seems early to sell today before it actually passes.
fightintxag13
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

Won't the stimulus passing give a second bounce before crashing? Seems early to sell today before it actually passes.
That's what I'm thinking. One more rally left once the stimulus passes. That's the time to sell gains and/or buy puts IMO.
azul_rain
im assuming its already priced in right now, no ? or the consumer confidence is at least ?
gougler08
AG
AggieKeith15 said:

I think today's bump is assuming the stimulus is a go
fightintxag13
AG
Good point
Aggie_2463
AG
I'm thinking the rally is based on the stimulus passing already, we may move up some more, but I doubt another 1,800 point day.....So basically tomorrow expect a rocket ship
McInnis 03
AG
This market is so evil I wouldn't be surprised if everything is priced in (see today's run up) and we sell that ***** off within 5 minutes of open.
McInnis 03
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I'm thinking the rally is based on the stimulus passing already, we may move up some more, but I doubt another 1,800 point day.....So basically tomorrow expect a rocket ship
You mean on re-entry?
Ranger222
AG
I feel like this is a total "buy the rumor, sell the news" situation. If tonight is the vote, then tomorrow will be.....
AggieKeith15
AG
Couldn't there be a bump when those holding out thinking it won't pass buy in though?

Also realizing the actual results should mean lower risk, therefore higher buy in. The opposite would be true when things are only predicted, but not actually known. Higher risk, less certainty.
Post removed:
by user
leoj
AG
We just touched up against resistance. Huge gains in the growth stocks that have been whacked, short covering?
azul_rain
realistically i dont see the "lockdown" ending within two weeks
Rice and Fries
Pratt and Whitney +Raytheon are furloguhing their entire workforce

Post removed:
by user
FrioAg 00
AG
Earliest I can see is end of April, and even that feels a little too optimistic

My prediction is restoring normal "openness" throughout the month of May. FullY open by 6/1
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Touchless
AG
Prognightmare said:

I like the idea but I'd up the strike price and pay the premium. Then trade them on a big move to the downside.
How do you balance out on strike price vs the premium you pay for it? I feel like the cheaper the premium, the more likely someone is to take a gamble on it, but as the expiry time/date gets closer, that premium obviously reflects the difference between the strike price and the current stock price. The closer those two are together, the lower the premium. That's obviously assuming it's in the money.
IrishTxAggie
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1184 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.