Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,192 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sts7049
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

Any guesses today? We were gapping up 200-300 points on the DOW a few weeks ago for no good reason. Now there are amazing earnings and we are only up 77.

It's some curious movement for sure.
Good key word - "guesses", because thats all it would be right now.

Oh I agree. I'm not taking a new position right now.
Ranger222
AG
oldarmy1 said:

snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Will be buying a JD $41 Strike out 2 weeks on weak opening. Will risk 20% and look for 80% ROI.
You think they can trend back up to $41 being down the 5% today? Seems like a tough get to rise 8%+ in 2 weeks.
Don't care about reaching $41. Only care about a rubberband oversold rebound to retrace premium values.

Looking to get into JD at the open. Coming out of this descending pattern finally with an inverse head and shoulders.

Also looking to play FSLR after its gap fill if it breaks this flag

Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
We might fall to 2628 for a test. (There is my "guess")
FriscoKid
AG
...alternate level is IF we get a new high then the target would be 2661
leoj
AG
Recently read an article that made me put JD on my radar
Ragoo
AG
did you get in?

I sold $36 puts out 22 days for $1.35 each.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Yesterday amd, Visa and FB all beat and all are up 5%+ from closing..

It appears that whomever got beat up during this recent volitility are floating back up to the market and the survivers are heading back to normal
Ranger222
AG
still waiting as it gapped up this morning. Tried to hold 36.5 as support, but looking like it wants to fill the gap up from this morning. Won't enter until that is completed and I get better confirmation that a strong move up is coming.

FSLR may be going now
FriscoKid
AG

I didn't trade this but I watched it. Sorry if you think this is "spiking the football" because I'm really not trying to do that. I just want to show some technical things that I have learned to look for over the years. I look at these charts like a big ass math problem that I'm trying to solve.

When the market opened I gave a low and high target based on what would happen at the R1 level. After we broke above it I was anticipating that the price would move to the R2 level (2661). As support came in on the trend line I drew it on the chart. We hit the R2 level (almost) and then broke the support trend line. This would obviously be a point to get out if I was long in the trade.

I think we will go back to the R1 level now and I'd be watching it closely. If we break below the R1 line which has shown to be intraday support/resistance then we very well might fall to 2628. Especially if we break through that resistance with a strong movement.

Set your stop just above the R1 level and have a target close to the PP.
pfo
AG
The QQQ's have made a head and shoulders pattern.

Chasing stocks in this market has not worked out well. I'm holding 12% cash for the time after earnings season is over and the market starts trading on fears of rising interest rates, trade wars, real wars, tweets, democrats winning in November etc.,

I doubt the longer term bull market is over. Bull markets end in euphoria and this doesn't seem like euphoria to me. But I expect to see some cheaper prices on great stocks/companies after earnings season later this year.
FriscoKid
AG
Really interesting price action here.
drill4oil78
AG
pfo said:

The QQQ's have made a head and shoulders pattern.

Chasing stocks in this market has not worked out well. I'm holding 12% cash for the time after earnings season is over and the market starts trading on fears of rising interest rates, trade wars, real wars, tweets, democrats winning in November etc.,

I doubt the longer term bull market is over. Bull markets end in euphoria and this doesn't seem like euphoria to me. But I expect to see some cheaper prices on great stocks/companies after earnings season later this year.
Kind of agree with you but I think we get a bigger correction in the order of close to 20% from the highs. Just a gut feeling. You can always gauge the strength of a market on the rallies after a correction and so far the rallies have been weak and thin, but we will see. The 2580 SP500 and 6800 Nasdaq are very critical levels that could open the flood gates if they are breeched soon.
FriscoKid
AG
Amazon is up. Better be really good.
pacecar02
$AMZN Amazon Q1 EPS $3.27 vs. $1.26 Est.; Q1 Revs. $51.04B vs. $49.78B Est. - CNBC
no sig
FriscoKid
AG
Yeah, it was huge.
leoj
AG
Wow. Like 1.1 billion revenue beat. Congrats to whoever added during the trump tweets
pacecar02
yeah my put vertical is safe by about 150 points now, been fighting that one since trump started running his yap, lol
no sig
HoustonAg2014
AG
Told all my boys to bet the farm at 1,400 on Amazon a couple weeks ago and then told them to bet it again yesterday when it was in the low 1,400's. The ones that listened are kissing my feet. The others who didn't play this Q with Amazon are PISSSSED.

THANK YOU DONALD TRUMP FOR YOUR MEAN TWEETS ABOUT AMAZON!
pacecar02
msft beats and is taking it in the shorts early, we'll see how she fares AH
no sig
leoj
AG
Which makes no sense since azure was up almost 100% I believe. They are killing it.
Ranger222
AG
there was some monster AMZN bets placed today. Purchases of 1575 1600 1625 April 27 C x 1000 each. Plus huge huge money in long dated Jan 2019 calls 1850 as well. I decided to use BABA May 11 185 C to play off AMZN earnings
Bonfire1996
AG
Yeah, MSFT is the one entity that is actually taking share from Amazon and they are doing it in its cloud division. Cloud is also one of the most profitable divisions of both companies.

More interesting at least to me, is office 365 revenue is up 42% YoY. They switched office from a one time fee for the software to a monthly payment that continues indefinitely. Payback on normal price is just over 12 months so the gravy train of pure profit on office 365 is simply enormous looking forward.

People are really missing the boat on Microsoft.
oldarmy1
AG
SWN beat and is right at resistance after hours.
FriscoKid
AG
Tomorrow should be interesting. The R2 level for tomorrow is 269.07. That will roughly also hit the down channel trendline on our triangle. There is also resistance at 267.7 and 268.0.

It hard to bet against these earnings, but who knows.
FriscoKid
AG
Then again, maybe we don't challenge it tomorrow. Futures are red.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
SWN +.22 premarket at $4.77. Hold that and we finally have a breakout.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Smacked right back down at open
johnson2012
AG
Yee who are smarter than I, any thoughts on DOCU? Use it regularly at work but haven't looked at the company itself before today. Day one looks good so far (no skin in the game for me)
FriscoKid
AG
Interesting day. AMZN didn't really push the markets up, but they could have with those earnings. I forgot about the tariff deadline on Monday too. Seems like all the good (market moving) earnings are in at this point.

Not sure what to think. Low volume with no real direction.

I'm trying to sell myself on a breakout up, but if it didn't happen today then it's a problem. Isn't it?
pacecar02
Futures look solidly green, what oh what does the day hold in store?
no sig
FriscoKid
AG
Looks like a great big Green Day.

Therefore, I'm expecting a sell off.
FriscoKid
AG
Honestly though futures look like they are fading.
FriscoKid
AG
It's been constant selling from the pre-market highs. We are going to stay green for about 10 minutes after the market opens.
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.