Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,436 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by sts7049
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Consumer prices and wages up in excess of Fed's inflation target. Odds of four rate hikes went up.
cgh1999
AG
SWN dropping below resistance? Where to from here?
FriscoKid
AG
missed it by a couple hours, but we just broke a fairly significant trend line. Should be an interesting day.
pacecar02
Market reacting to Iran or just a down day?
no sig
Bonfire1996
AG
pacecar02 said:

Market is seeing six rate increases over the next 18 months and the slowdown/recession that will force.
Rice and Fries
Bonfire1996 said:

pacecar02 said:

Market is seeing six rate increases over the next 18 months and the slowdown/recession that will force.
Pegging off this...we have only just begun to see the effects of the first few rate hikes. It takes 12-16 months for the ripples to get through to the real economy.
Hoelag13
AG
I have ~$40k in cash that I am wanting to add to my investment portfolio. I know this thread day trades so my question of what vanguard fund to split it out into is kind of pointless, I am just wanting to know if now is a good time to be putting that money in the market?

I am 26 so I can handle a correction, but didn't know if I should wait for the market to drop more.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Put it all into Apple first thing in the morning. If you can handle a correction you can handle the risk of earnings. It's already beaten down and may drop more but it's already down 10% from its high. Best case you get a nice little pop after the bell on earnings tmrw. Worst case it drops further and you get a dividend payout in a week. Might be a nice little dividend they announce with all the cash they have tmrw. The market very well may move in the direction that Apple moves anyways.

I know this won't be a popular oppinion but I am also 26. Went all in on Amazon earnings last week and it worked out well.
oldarmy1
AG
While being thin is in at least little ol' TRX came through for the double.
FriscoKid
AG
I know most of you get this, but if you are new to looking at this stuff this is my opinion and how I am reading the markets today... Investors and fund managers put zero faith in technical analysis of charts too. But, for anyone else that's curious...

Yesterday was pretty big for a downward move in the markets today IMO. For the third time resistance was tested (arrows) and failed to breakthrough. Up trend broken that started on 4/24 represented by diagonal line. And support broken at 2655. You can clearly see the range bound trading between 2655 and 2680. We broke out of this range again to the downside. Maybe we rally, but I'm looking to enter a short position based on this. I could be dead wrong.
FriscoKid
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Put it all into Apple first thing in the morning. If you can handle a correction you can handle the risk of earnings. It's already beaten down and may drop more but it's already down 10% from its high. Best case you get a nice little pop after the bell on earnings tmrw. Worst case it drops further and you get a dividend payout in a week. Might be a nice little dividend they announce with all the cash they have tmrw. The market very well may move in the direction that Apple moves anyways.

I know this won't be a popular oppinion but I am also 26. Went all in on Amazon earnings last week and it worked out well.
Broadcom wireless chip sales were down last QT. The phone market plays a significant role in chip sales. That's one of the reasons people think Apple might miss or show weakness tonight.
pacecar02
appl missed last quarter...ask me how I know, lol
no sig
DeLaHonta
AG
FriscoKid said:

I could be dead wrong.
This disclaimer should always be used for any stock advice that isn't insider trading.
IrishTxAggie
AG
UA posts better than expected EPS. Was expected to post -$.05 EPS and came in at $0.00 EPS. Currently on a slide. Might be a good buying opportunity. I tend to avoid clothing companies, but I think UA is due for a rebound.
FriscoKid
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

UA posts better than expected EPS. Was expected to post -$.05 EPS and came in at $0.00 EPS. Currently on a slide. Might be a good buying opportunity. I tend to avoid clothing companies, but I think UA is due for a rebound.
I played them on earnings one time and lost my shirt. I'm holding it against them I think.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

I know most of you get this, but if you are new to looking at this stuff this is my opinion and how I am reading the markets today... Investors and fund managers put zero faith in technical analysis of charts too. But, for anyone else that's curious...

Yesterday was pretty big for a downward move in the markets today IMO. For the third time resistance was tested (arrows) and failed to breakthrough. Up trend broken that started on 4/24 represented by diagonal line. And support broken at 2655. You can clearly see the range bound trading between 2655 and 2680. We broke out of this range again to the downside. Maybe we rally, but I'm looking to enter a short position based on this. I could be dead wrong.
The triple test of lows is no bueno for longs. I own some Put options on the S&P, AAPL, BA and others out to July 10% plus out of the money on strike price. I would say you are thinking correctly on your readings.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

The triple test of lows is no bueno for longs. I own some Put options on the S&P, AAPL, BA and others out to July 10% plus out of the money on strike price. I would say you are thinking correctly on your readings.
Furthering off this...I own puts as well ($AMD, AAPL and $MSFT) . Not trusting this market and if AAPL misses today, it will take Tech and errything else with it.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1
AG
More importantly is the guidance on the conference call. Stock could jump after hours and then tank on guidance.

Someone convince me that I should be buying this market. If we hit retest I would buy some cheap SPX calls expiring tomorrow as a hedge.

FriscoKid
AG
Maybe at the 200 day moving average?
FriscoKid
AG
This is about to get really nasty if we don't hold this level. 12:08PM.
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

did you get in?

I sold $36 puts out 22 days for $1.35 each.
closed at a 33% winner

started getting an uneasy feeling. Decided to mitigate the downside risk and walk away a winner.
leoj
AG
Hope no one here owns Match shares
oldarmy1
AG
FYI...

6 services issued AAPL option buy alerts into earnings
AggiePeeps06
AG
Interesting. Maybe they know something we don't?
FriscoKid
AG
"Fed rally". Never heard of that, but it makes sense. I didn't understand that movement.
Rice and Fries
AAPL beat. Q2 2.73$ vs 2.67EPS ; Q2 REV $61.1B vs $60.82B
leoj
AG
Div hike, 20% growth in Japan and China, iPhone X lead iPhone sales every week in March. Etc. should have got in at 162 earlier this week.
FriscoKid
AG
snowmnag970 said:

I would sell this pop if I owned it. Nice returns, but not over the top or anything.
Tumble Weed
AAPL, AMD, and FB are all boosting my account.

SNAP well, let's not mention that filthy stock right now.
Bonfire1996
AG
FriscoKid said:

snowmnag970 said:

I would sell this pop if I owned it. Nice returns, but not over the top or anything.
Not smart with them saying they will buy back $100 Billion in shares. That's over 10% of the company
Bonfire1996
AG
leoj said:

Div hike, 20% growth in Japan and China, iPhone X lead iPhone sales every week in March. Etc. should have got in at 162 earlier this week.
Beginning of super cycle?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Let us know if you ended up investing it in Apple this morning. Your $40k investment would have returned you $2.5k as of now Hahahaha. I love earnings season.
FriscoKid
AG
I'm really surprised that we rallied at lunch time. The S&P went straight to the pivot point support level 2 and just sat there for a good 30 minutes. I'm not surprised that we didn't break through, but it was shocking to come all the way back to close flat.

CNBC was talking about the "fed rally" so maybe that's what did it, but that was a strong rebound. I'll post the chart later if I can, but we stopped right on that line and I was at lunch with a friend during the reversal.
FriscoKid
AG

Look at the action around the three bubbles. Support turned resistance then a big sell off to the pivot point support level 2. The market stayed there for about 30 minutes and then rallied to end flat which I didn't show.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.