Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,989 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sts7049
Ernest Tucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NRZ is back to $5.16
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Closer......
Aggietaco
AG
Earlier ROKU sell order at 90 is looking pretty lucky right now. No one wants to hold overnight again? Of course now that I've said something, it will shoot back up.
fightintxag13
AG
Let's say the stimulus bill passes sometime today yet. Would it be wise to hold calls overnight, or is it possible that the market shrugs it off by open tomorrow morning? Should I put on a strangle?
FTAco07
AG
Stay the hell away from LADR and all other mortgage REITs. They all borrow short term to fund their business and are all already, or soon will be, facing margin calls. There is no bid for their assets at anything near attractive valuations and they are all in for a world of hurt.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Today....but realize the $1.04 will either become a $5+ win on passage or a total loss if it waits until markets close to do something, or does nothing.
i took the 227 and 235. Sold out of both a little before noon
AggieKeith15
AG
Not even for a short play?
PPAag06
AG
Doing anything for close?
AggiePeeps06
AG
Considering buying calls on the assumption a deal gets done overnight...
BT1395
AG
FTAco07 said:

Stay the hell away from LADR and all other mortgage REITs. They all borrow short term to fund their business and are all already, or soon will be, facing margin calls. There is no bid for their assets at anything near attractive valuations and they are all in for a world of hurt.
You sure LADR has short-term debt? They disguise it well on the Balance Sheet if so...

That doesn't mean they're the best place for an equity investment right now, but I think they're a bit different. Maybe I'm wrong though!
AggiePeeps06
AG
Then again, I believe Schumer said it could be Friday... So no go on the calls
Harkrider 93
AG
noticed WHR - whirlpool is down big lately - looks pretty interesting

looked at what it did in '08 - around 112 to 29 and then to 100 by 2010.
IrishTxAggie
AG
FriscoKid
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Considering buying calls on the assumption a deal gets done overnight...

Good call, I think.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
yeah my svxy calls that expired worthless friday just went ITM
McInnis 03
AG
went long SPXL into the night with a small position under the assumption these ding dongs get something done when they can all trade futures and the majority of the common man doesn't.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Brewmaster
AG
Aggietaco said:

Earlier ROKU sell order at 90 is looking pretty lucky right now. No one wants to hold overnight again? Of course now that I've said something, it will shoot back up.
definitely a long term hold for me now, through the zombia corona apocalypse! Them and ZM.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Trump Is Privately Talking About Reopening Country After 15-Day Shutdown, Source Says
FTAco07
AG
I can't imagine any mREIT not using a warehouse facility to originate or buy loans. Those warehouse facilities will have covenants that are being tested/busted and they don't have a buyer for any loans or CMBS right now. I'm not an active trader so I'm sure you can trade profitably in the short term, but there is going to be carnage in that space that has already started. MITT has already said it will miss deadlines for margin calls and I have a source I trust that claims Starwood is in serious trouble as well. All players in that industry are facing the same trouble and once one or two default the others aren't far behind.
McInnis 03
AG
Stolen from Houston problem thread

Furlock Bones said:

wow, Chicago wholesale gasoline traded sub 20 cents on the spot market.

Ragoo
AG
PPAag06 said:

Doing anything for close?
no
Aggietaco
AG
BREwmaster said:

Aggietaco said:

definitely a long term hold for me now, through the zombia corona apocalypse! Them and ZM.
I was planning to buy back in, but like I said, shot back up. I have a buy order waiting.
zag213004
AG
Will this CV lead to some baby boom in 9 months and if so what stocks would be good to get in now JNJ? PG?, KMB?, NTUS?, CRI? Andly ones you can think of?
IrishTxAggie
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Will this CV lead to some baby boom in 9 months and if so what stocks would be good to get in now JNJ? PG?, KMB?, NTUS?, CRI? Andly ones you can think of?
What about LegalZoom for quicky divorces?
the last of the bohemians
That VXX chart
BT1395
AG
FTAco07 said:

I can't imagine any mREIT not using a warehouse facility to originate or buy loans. Those warehouse facilities will have covenants that are being tested/busted and they don't have a buyer for any loans or CMBS right now. I'm not an active trader so I'm sure you can trade profitably in the short term, but there is going to be carnage in that space that has already started. MITT has already said it will miss deadlines for margin calls and I have a source I trust that claims Starwood is in serious trouble as well. All players in that industry are facing the same trouble and once one or two default the others aren't far behind.
But LADR is more of a lender than a traditional REIT, right? They certainly have some holdings in their portfolio, but they primarily originate against CRE as I understand them.

Again, not saying one way or the other about their short- nor long-term prospects as an investment, but you definitively said (several times) that ALL REITs were screwed. Just trying to make sure you understand why some folks on here think LADR is a bit different than the "normal" REIT. Clearly you are involved in the industry so I value your take - thanks.
FTAco07
AG
You're right, originators like LADR are even more screwed. They originate loans, warehouse them, and then sell them to the CMBS market or sell an A note and hold a B note (with leverage). Well they are holding loans they have already originated which have interest rated priced below the current market return requirements. They finance those loans with a warehouse line . If/when their warehouse lender issues margin calls how are they going to fund those if there is no buyer for their loans at par or close to it?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fitch
AG
One I haven't been able to figure out is CPT (Camden Property Trust). Their main asset type is apartments...literally the safest asset type we're seeing right now other than maybe data centers. Still down 42% on the month.
FTAco07
AG
They are being hammered due to Houston concentration in their portfolio. That said, I think that is a little bit overblown given that Houston is only their 3rd largest geographic exposure, but that is why they are being hit harder than other multifamily REITs.
CSTXAg92
AG
Fitch said:

One I haven't been able to figure out is CPT (Camden Property Trust). Their main asset type is apartments...literally the safest asset type we're seeing right now other than maybe data centers. Still down 42% on the month.
May be concerned that their primary customers (tenants who typically live paycheck to paycheck) will be out of work and therefore unable to pay their rent.
Aggie_2463
AG
I picked up some VST shares @ $12.78

Strong balance sheet, lots of cash, and power plants will stay running. It's outage season, so they already have several plants going to be down in outage. As long as power prices hold, which they have been, there should be no issues with their Q1 results / guidance. When Q1 comes out, there will be a ton of companies looking bad, but I don't believe VST will be one.

Companies will run with skeleton staffs, and more people will be at home during day that typically aren't. Power demand should maintain or even increase.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Just a bit outside.....

Maybe tomorrow for the next big bite of VTI around Dow 18,150 or so ......,
ProgN
I'm busy but why is Roku up $5 AH?
First Page Last Page
Page 1177 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.