Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,825 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
Touchless
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

agdaddy04 said:

Think DIS will have people taking profits or have a feeling it bottomed?
I closed out my calls earlier because I think it pulls back under 90 on a market pullback. I still think we will have some good down days.
I'm hoping this happens as well.
Alta
AG
I never buy individual stocks but couldn't help myself and purchased a decent amount of Exxon this morning.
AggieKeith15
AG
I think we've hit the bottom. Some companies may go out of business, but I think those will be bumps on the way up.

I think the only thing allowing a deeper bottom is if HCL doesn't end up working as well as predicted.
ProgN
Alta said:

I never buy individual stocks but couldn't help myself and purchased a decent amount of Exxon this morning.
Good buy, you won't regret it.
oldarmy1
AG
247 is resistance on SPY
tam2002
AG
Anyone looking at CVX at 55 right now?
Alta
AG
Thanks - thoughts on Marriott as a long term play as well? Seems like it will weather the storm and be a good golf for a couple years.
ProgN
Alta said:

Thanks - thoughts on Marriott as a long term play as well? Seems like it will weather the storm and be a good golf for a couple years.
I don't follow Marriott but Bill Ackmann said he was buying it at these levels yesterday during his COVID19 diatribe and predictions of thousands of deaths.
krosch11
AG
Bill went a little off the rails yesterday. That was an interesting interview.
tailgatetimer10
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I've been a LONG investor in AMZN fora good while (wt avg purchase price in the 1200 range), but today I liquidated it all. I'm just being greedy and cannot help but capitalize on the differential in AMZN and several other value plays.

So now I've got cash again and I'm eyeballing S&P, MSFT and XOM for the right time.

It's crazy how well AMZN has held up when they make zero profit in their retail and distribution businesses. I'd trust the fundamentals of a heavy asset and unique capability business during a recovery all day. Heck, just take the S&P at a 50% return, and even if that's 5-10 years your returns aren't bad.

AWS is where they are killing it right now. We're requiring significant amount more of database power.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Sold March 20 covered calls on some of my portfolio on this last bounce, looking for a quick premium pocket
Hey bud, you like writing CCs so you ought to start watching RH. The options premium on it are insane. Just and FYI.
ProgN
krosch11 said:

I felt the urge to slit my wrists just to avoid the carnage that awaits us while I was listening to him.
CavitationAG
AG
Prognightmare said:

krosch11 said:

I felt the urge to slit my wrists just to avoid the carnage that awaits us while I was listening to him.
I think he broke down to tears at least twice during that! Very weird to see on live television and it seemed to shake the CNBC host up as well.
FrontPorchAg
Is this another dead cat? I just don't see how it could be the bottom.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
ProgN
I lean to this is a bounce and we'll have some down days but I do think we're close to the end of this correction.
Cromagnum
AG
tam2002 said:

Anyone looking at CVX at 55 right now?

I bought some at 55 yesterday
Alta
AG
I went ahead with the Marriott purchase. We shall see what happens but seems like a good hold. I usually do only index funds for several reasons but I think right now there are so many good individual plays out there. I have a set price when I purchase them that I will sell them at (if they get there) and go back to my index fund strategy.
ProgN
He did and the host was trying to help him out because it was somewhat embarrassing.

Oh, and Bill loves to say "OK?" A LOT when he speaks.
JobSecurity
AG
I'm seeing h&s in a bear flag on SPY.. bought put for tomorrow so it will rip now
ProgN
If you have any spare cash, DIS is a great buy under 90 for a long term hold.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

Sold March 20 covered calls on some of my portfolio on this last bounce, looking for a quick premium pocket
Hey bud, you like writing CCs so you ought to start watching RH. The options premium on it are insane. Just and FYI.
Thank you sir
Cromagnum
AG
Prognightmare said:

If you have any spare cash, DIS is a great buy under 90 for a long term hold.

Tried to get my wife to put some into Disney last night for the open but she didnt feel like fooling with it yesterday. Now its up nearly 10 bucks so far today.
Alta
AG
Thanks - might put a little cash in there as well.
ProgN
I posted an article a few pages back where it was discovered that Buffet was buying RH a couple of months ago. He doesn't trade stocks and I'm betting he's adding to Berkshire's holdings of it at these levels. Getting a Buffet stock cheaper than what he owns it is a buy in my book.
Talon2DSO
AG
As in Restoration Hardware, RH?? The retailer??
Boat Shoes
AG
Thoughts on $GOLD with all the money we're printing? A better way to play precious metals and coming inflation? Or am I thinking about this wrong?
ProgN
Doubt you'll get it at 80 but I'm targeting 85-87 for re-entry.
ProgN
Yes
YNWA_AG
AG
AggieKeith15
AG
Russia is hinting at attempting to make a deal with OPEC/Saudi Arabia; HCL is less toxic than other drugs tested on CV while showing a lot of promise and has good research results in South Korea already to back it, also it's already FDA approved and exists in pharmacies; China has 0 new cases (reportedly); Italys growth is declining in new cases; warmer weather is on the way which will encourage people that it wont spread as quickly (which may be true); the Fed has the IRs set at ~0%; everyone is getting checks sent out in the next 7-10 days that people can look to; companies in hard hit industries will be getting free or nearly free loans to bounce back.

There are simply too many positive things in the pipeline for this to not be the bottom. The only thing that could drive things down further if HCL doesn't work as well as claimed.

ETA: I read on the Covid forum that there are studies showing a weakening in the virus, which if I had to guess, will make headlines in the coming days. If not this exact study, I'm sure other positive studies and findings will role out soon given all of the researchers that are pouring over the virus.
Aggie_2463
AG
I just funded my trading account, getting close to firing
PPAag06
AG
Theoretical question. Suppose the US contains the virus and new cases begin to stagnate but around the world the virus continues to take off and surpasses 1M cases. Good for the market or bad?
BT1395
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I've been a LONG investor in AMZN fora good while (wt avg purchase price in the 1200 range), but today I liquidated it all. I'm just being greedy and cannot help but capitalize on the differential in AMZN and several other value plays.

So now I've got cash again and I'm eyeballing S&P, MSFT and XOM for the right time.

It's crazy how well AMZN has held up when they make zero profit in their retail and distribution businesses. I'd trust the fundamentals of a heavy asset and unique capability business during a recovery all day. Heck, just take the S&P at a 50% return, and even if that's 5-10 years your returns aren't bad.
As someone who has been holding AMZN since $330 when they were no profits in any parts of their business, I'd encourage you not to miss the forest for the trees here. The only reason they are "making zero profit" in their retail and distribution businesses is because they have been plowing every dollar of cash flow back into those (and other) parts of their business to expand - especially on the logistics and delivery sides. Bezos is building a one-stop shop cash flow machine that captures consumer needs. His next step in those areas are to expand the private label brands so his margins get fat. It's all about changing consumer behavior to think about AMZN as the best and/or easiest choice for whatever you need. Events like this quarantine only help accelerate that shift.

Again, I'm clearly a long-term believer, but it's also my largest holding for a reason. Good luck!
Alta
AG
I don't know if it is the bottom or not but I just reallocated my 401k for more equity exposure. I also purchased individual stocks for the first time today with Disney, Marriott and Exxon.

These are all long term plays for me and I'm sitting tight now (mainly because I invested all my free cash today).
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Thoughts on $GOLD with all the money we're printing? A better way to play precious metals and coming inflation? Or am I thinking about this wrong?
I've been buying a lot of SLV calls. Besides gold and silver having these weird margin/liquidation slides, a buddy of mine says that the gold:silver ratio is out of whack (compared to historically) and that silver is due for a run to get back in line. I am probably buying them too close in though, my longest expiry is like 3 weeks out
First Page Last Page
Page 1149 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.