Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,966 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by sts7049
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whats a good ETF right now to bet that volatility will go lower and markets calm down?

I'm seeing SVXY, ZIV, EXIV. Even worth it to try?
gougler08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Talon2DSO said:

Thoughts on LADR 5/15 7.50c at 1.80?
Not at that price. The bid is at .15. Don't pay the ask
If you want them, throw in a limit order at the mid point to see if you get them. I just sold covered DXC calls (bag holder here) and the bid/ask spread was .05/.90 and I got 0.40 for them...I'll take it
ProgN
Wish I had the cash to take my own advice earlier on RH.
IrishTxAggie
AG
OverSeas AG said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Talon2DSO said:

As I too am new at this... this is saying....

for May 15th expiration date, a CALL at a strike price for the underlying stock (LADR) of 7.50 at 1.80 per contract?

if he had put a p after the 7.50 it would have been for a PUT?
Correct. Shorthand
C = Call
P = Put
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
YNWA_AG
AG
TXAG14
YNWA_AG said:

khaos288
AG
SPY to the moon. What's Trump saying? (can't watch at the moment)
aggiepaintrain
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Is that a 4.1 million share option?

FJB
thirdcoast
AG
He is talking about promising drugs and treatment. He also said he expects a V correction once the "China Virus" is flattened.
ProgN
khaos288 said:

Nothing significant. I suspect some institutions are nibbling today.
Touchless
AG
Touchless said:

I just bought my first option. SPY 3/20 245C. Baby steps over here.
Just closed it out. $3.28 --> $5.74. Like I said, baby steps as I'm very basic and learning over here, but I'll take 75% profit even if it is only a couple hundred bucks.
ProgN
No, that's the premium paid for all the options purchased. It's a significant bet though.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

khaos288 said:

Nothing significant. I suspect some institutions are nibbling today.
2430 is a spot the bulls are trying to defend today
Talon2DSO
AG
Touchless said:

Touchless said:

Just closed it out. $3.28 --> $5.74. Like I said, baby steps as I'm very basic and learning over here, but I'll take 75% profit even if it is only a couple hundred bucks.

That's a great play these days. Play money ball. In happy to make a couple hundred a day right now. As long as I dont touch my long positions, I've not lost anything and I'm building cash reserves to buy equities in a week or so.
TXAG14
Touchless said:

Touchless said:

Quit while you are ahead!
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Talon2DSO said:

If you want them, throw in a limit order at the mid point to see if you get them. I just sold covered DXC calls (bag holder here) and the bid/ask spread was .05/.90 and I got 0.40 for them...I'll take it
Well hell, DXC is running today
Cromagnum
AG
I should have bought LADR this morning when I called it out...
aggiedaniel06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

My genie says /ES 2260 was the short term bottom.

I bought a ton of SPY 3/20 240C @ $4.5

Closed all at $9.20

Original plan was to hold until /ES 2530. VIX still suggesting a pullback, so cashed out.
BearkatRunner88
AG
Volume on BAYRY, maker of Chloroquine, has about doubled in the past 15 minutes after Trump announced donations of the drug for use in the US.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/18/bayer-is-donating-its-malaria-drug-that-could-help.aspx

Any thoughts?
ProgN
I'd take a double in this market environment EVERY SINGLE TIME, Good trade.
ProgN
aggiedaniel06
AG
Thanks bud!

VIX rising along with S&P is not a good sign for a continued rally. VXJ20 staing a lot more pan to come.
FrioAg 00
AG
I've been a LONG investor in AMZN fora good while (wt avg purchase price in the 1200 range), but today I liquidated it all. I'm just being greedy and cannot help but capitalize on the differential in AMZN and several other value plays.

So now I've got cash again and I'm eyeballing S&P, MSFT and XOM for the right time.

It's crazy how well AMZN has held up when they make zero profit in their retail and distribution businesses. I'd trust the fundamentals of a heavy asset and unique capability business during a recovery all day. Heck, just take the S&P at a 50% return, and even if that's 5-10 years your returns aren't bad.
azul_rain
Did we bottom out or just another dead Cat ?
HoustonAg2014
AG
I have $30 in a retirement account that I can no longer contribute to. Any big swings I could take? I am thinking it should probably be a pharma company that has a chance to find the cure but I am open for any and all penny like stocks haha
GreasenUSA
AG
I've had my best day in weeks flipping the **** out of AMZN calls today.
ProgN
We sell off and RH goes below $80 again I'm boarding that train.
Talon2DSO
AG
SNSS
ProgN
GreasenUSA said:

I've had my best day in weeks flipping the **** out of AMZN calls today.
agdaddy04
AG
Think DIS will have people taking profits or have a feeling it bottomed?
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Think DIS will have people taking profits or have a feeling it bottomed?
I closed out my calls earlier because I think it pulls back under 90 on a market pullback. I still think we will have some good down days.
Cromagnum
AG
BearkatRunner88 said:

Volume on BAYRY, maker of Chloroquine, has about doubled in the past 15 minutes after Trump announced donations of the drug for use in the US.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/18/bayer-is-donating-its-malaria-drug-that-could-help.aspx

Any thoughts?

If the chloroquine works it would be in favor of Bayer stock but they are in the trenches right now with the whole RoundUp cancer issues.
gougler08
AG
Sold March 20 covered calls on some of my portfolio on this last bounce, looking for a quick premium pocket
HoustonAg2014
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

I've been a LONG investor in AMZN fora good while (wt avg purchase price in the 1200 range), but today I liquidated it all. I'm just being greedy and cannot help but capitalize on the differential in AMZN and several other value plays.

So now I've got cash again and I'm eyeballing S&P, MSFT and XOM for the right time.

It's crazy how well AMZN has held up when they make zero profit in their retail and distribution businesses. I'd trust the fundamentals of a heavy asset and unique capability business during a recovery all day. Heck, just take the S&P at a 50% return, and even if that's 5-10 years your returns aren't bad.
AMZN is about to have a TON of new subscriptions. That is what they are shooting for is that recurring revenue stream. The fact that they are hiring 10% more onto their work force shows they are in "Prime position" even as this virus is going on.

You might find companies that bounce back faster or are better value, but AMZN is in my retirement and I just add to it every time is falls and never plan to sell.
First Page Last Page
Page 1148 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.