Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,485 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sell the April 27th $4.50 Strikes above $0.22 like a boss. Your downside risk is very limited based on fundamentals and technicals. $220 per options in premiums for every 10 contracts or 1000 shares leveraged.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Sell the April 27th $4.50 Strikes above $0.22 like a boss. Your downside risk is very limited based on fundamentals and technicals. $220 per options in premiums for every 10 contracts or 1000 shares leveraged.

Just clarifying, this is for SWN, correct?
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Just clarifying, this is for SWN, correct?
Yessir....sorry was away
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

Hey, I'm not saying it's long term at all. But, I think we give some back today. And, I'll take it.
I hear ya. On average the odds are we have some red to suck in short sellers and then markets shake off negative news to creep higher. I wouldn't be surprised to see the death by a thousand creep move upward on trend.

That then will meet major resistance (or some crazed news event) and that's when it gets real.
Heck yeah. DOW down huge today. What do I win?
oldarmy1
AG
Haha. Higher lower and lower high today. Sucked in and ready for next cut tomorrow.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Haha. Higher lower and lower high today. Sucked in and ready for next cut tomorrow.

What? You can't even say I won?
(And, that's absolutely tongue in cheek)
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

oldarmy1 said:

What? You can't even say I won?
(And, that's absolutely tongue in cheek)

Completely in sync with you. If anyone is short right now I hope the market retreats into a retest of previous resistance.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Still short

VIX is creeping up again.
leoj
AG
Man MO getting slammed. LRCX still looking attractive as well
tailgatetimer10
AG
Lrcx and TSM drug everyone down today in semi's. I'm looking for AMAT to find bottom
FriscoKid
AG
Hey, what do you think about online trading academy?

It's not worth the money for me, but their "trade" is looking for open wholesale buy and sell orders.

I think I can get 90% of that by watching simple support and resistance and action off of those levels.

Anyone else can chime in as well.
Petrino1
PM down 15% and MO down 8% today. What does the board think about cigarette stocks, particularly these two stocks?
smucket
AG
I have held MO since the 90s. It is the bellcow of my retirement portfolio. I loaded up on PM this morning as I think the market is drastically overreacting
FriscoKid
AG
SKX down 20% after an earnings BEAT.

geez, I know they lowered guidance but wow
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

It's not worth the money for me, but their "trade" is looking for open wholesale buy and sell orders.

I think I can get 90% of that by watching simple support and resistance and action off of those levels.

I've heard it is really good for getting a solid foundation without breaking the bank.

Happy for you short sellers getting paid. Little surprised at the further retrace but changes little on the macro channel.

GE accumulation period is over. Getting paid for all the work starting today on great earnings. With uncertainty in the markets I'll be looking to place a Put strategy at accumulation levels of $13 Strike out as far as possible that matches a $0.15 premium. I'll gladly give 15 cents of profits to not look at the shares out past June.

I took a small % of GE at $14.80-$14.81 (actual fill prices) off the table premarket that will fund the Puts out of profits. Do this all the time on a 10% gain from entry on mass holdings.
oldarmy1
AG
SPX had a 3 day gap fill occur. Anyone who didn't short near highs are underwater. Too thin of an opportunity for my approach and, even if I had, I would have covered yesterday right when the gap filled.

oldarmy1
AG
Will be buying a JD $41 Strike out 2 weeks on weak opening. Will risk 20% and look for 80% ROI.
oldarmy1
AG
Buying back the $4 covered calls with SN down at $3.25. Thanks for the juice President Trump!
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Will be buying a JD $41 Strike out 2 weeks on weak opening. Will risk 20% and look for 80% ROI.
You think they can trend back up to $41 being down the 5% today? Seems like a tough get to rise 8%+ in 2 weeks.
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

You think they can trend back up to $41 being down the 5% today? Seems like a tough get to rise 8%+ in 2 weeks.
Don't care about reaching $41. Only care about a rubberband oversold rebound to retrace premium values.
oldarmy1
AG
Only got 39 to fill. Only 80 traded
Rice and Fries
I am not sure I trust GE's current run to $14.50 even though they beat earnings.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

I've heard it is really good for getting a solid foundation without breaking the bank.

Happy for you short sellers getting paid. Little surprised at the further retrace but changes little on the macro channel.

GE accumulation period is over. Getting paid for all the work starting today on great earnings. With uncertainty in the markets I'll be looking to place a Put strategy at accumulation levels of $13 Strike out as far as possible that matches a $0.15 premium. I'll gladly give 15 cents of profits to not look at the shares out past June.

I took a small % of GE at $14.80-$14.81 (actual fill prices) off the table premarket that will fund the Puts out of profits. Do this all the time on a 10% gain from entry on mass holdings.
Basically the OTA concept...

https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-article-contest/?Supply-And-Demand-Trading-Choosing=&action=read&id=1257&language=en
0708aggie
AG
What's going on with SN? Anyone loading up here?
what say you
OA, can you please explain what you mean by this and the overall implications of your previous comment of doubling in a year (obviously there are no guarantees)? I bought in around $3.15 and am still holding (hoping for that double up).
AggiePeeps06
AG
I was just about to post about this. Trump tweeted about oil prices being artificially high and it sent upstream stocks plunging. This is a good short term trade opportunity to catch the rebound. I just can't decide between options or outright equity buys.
what say you
Is Trump just manipulating the entire market for personal gain? He knows that if he tweets something the stock market follows. So does he do this intentionally and then just invest accordingly to profit?

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AggiePeeps06
AG
Check this out... SN May 18 $4 calls are .08. Just this morning, SN was trading at $3.75 until Trump tweeted. Oil prices are flat, Nothing has changed. I'm buying the calls and waiting for the rebound
HoustonAg2014
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

what say you said:

Is Trump just manipulating the entire market for personal gain? He knows that if he tweets something the stock market follows. So does he do this intentionally and then just invest accordingly to profit?

Really hope you don't actually believe this.
I do not believe this is the case here as I do think oil prices are absurdly high right now and will come back down to Earth.

That said, is it really that crazy to believe people in the government do this for personal gain? I would believe anything at this point. I mean hell, anytime Paul Ryan spoke last year he tanked the market. It was a running joke last year (kind of a joke) that you would short the market on days that Paul Ryan spoke. One day he would say "there is zero chance we get tax reform done by the end of 2017." A couple days later he would come back and say "we are right on track to get tax reform done by the end of 2017 and possibly by Thanksgiving."

Market manipulation is alive and real. I do not believe Trump is one to do that, but I do believe it is happening.
Rice and Fries
AggiePeeps06 said:

Check this out... SN May 18 $4 calls are .08. Just this morning, SN was trading at $3.75 until Trump tweeted. Oil prices are flat, Nothing has changed. I'm buying the calls and waiting for the rebound
Another oil stock I like and have been watching ESTE.

Although, they have low volume (140,000 shares of daily average volume). I like them and their management team well.
aggielax48
AG
CBIS up 9% today. No surprise there.
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SPX had a 3 day gap fill occur. Anyone who didn't short near highs are underwater. Too thin of an opportunity for my approach and, even if I had, I would have covered yesterday right when the gap filled.

You might be speaking too soon, decline may not be over.
I think we are done for a little bit. (a few hours)
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.