Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,987,578 Views | 224150 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else having trouble placing orders on Fidelity?
Martin Q. Blank
Market is closed since 1 minute after opening.
McInnis 03
AG
This is a stress test of the servers for all the online trading tools, and they're definitely struggling.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
deadbq03
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Market is closed since 1 minute after opening.
No, it reopened at 8:45. Got one trade in but can't make any more now.
TXAG14
TDA having issues.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Standing by for the next big bite of VTI around Dow 20,250 or so.....
Betoisafurry
Fidelity is wigging out too
CuriousAg
IrishTxAggie said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I have a family member who was at the FED meeting last Thursday. I told him about the FED announcement yesterday and he was floored. He said that was NOT what they talked about and none of the other guys he was texting from the meeting had heard about it till I mentioned it yesterday.

His father is well respected in the banking industry and they were in Disney last week for the banking convention. He said that the talk was about how companies are planning 25% across the board lay-offs. He mentioned that did not include oil and gas which would be larger. This was all dependent on if this virus keeps businesses/work from home going for the next 1-2 months. They are already seeing small businesses closing doors. This was all dependent of course on if we can get everything reopened soon, but the big talk was about unemployment and the huge spike that we could see in the economic data very soon.

It sounds like pure ciaos and hearing that from someone who is 85 who I thought had probably seen it all, he said he has never seen anything close to this.
This sounds ridiculous and would put the world into a complete downturn.

I also find it odd that you had to tell him what the FED did and he was unaware considering every news app and Twitter went off a second after it happened
I posted earlier, but my sister's company let go 150 of their 600 on 3/13... 25%
Boat Shoes
AG
TXAG14 said:

TDA having issues.

Can't get my SPY put to sell. Ughh.
TXAG14
Yep says symbol isn't available.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Yep my dad's laid off 25% last week.
khaos288
AG
TXAG14 said:

You guys on desktop or mobile?
Boat Shoes
AG
TXAG14 said:

WTF? Anyone get them on the phone?
Boat Shoes
AG
khaos288 said:

TXAG14 said:

You guys on desktop or mobile?

Tried both. Same result.
leoj
AG
Not seeing issues with tos mobile on my end.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

This panic is all off of projections and it's ridiculous. The amount of actual deaths from this virus is so low that it wouldn't even register if we didn't have the media. I'll panic when they're picking bodies up in trucks that have been left out on the curb for pickup.
Death isn't the only metric. With 0 deaths and millions hospitalized this is still a major economic problem.

There are half a million hospitalizations from the flu each year, and 10's of thousands of deaths, just in the US. The economy doesn't even notice. There is a framing bias taking place in the world right now.

Those hospitalizations and deaths are still going to happen, only now they'll be tended to by doctors who are overtaxed, in hospitals with no room, and around patients carrying something likely worse.

So how is that not something we should take seriously?

Too many people on this thread pretend to be experts in all aspects of life and while I appreciate the expertise in the market on this board, it's growing hilarious to watch some of you also pretend to be experts on infection disease as well.

I mean, we literally have people on here saying it's not worth panicking until people are putting dead bodies out on the street.

But by all means, continue...
Boat Shoes
AG
Working now. Down half the value. Lol.
evan_aggie
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

This panic is all off of projections and it's ridiculous. The amount of actual deaths from this virus is so low that it wouldn't even register if we didn't have the media. I'll panic when they're picking bodies up in trucks that have been left out on the curb for pickup.
Death isn't the only metric. With 0 deaths and millions hospitalized this is still a major economic problem.

There are half a million hospitalizations from the flu each year, and 10's of thousands of deaths, just in the US. The economy doesn't even notice. There is a framing bias taking place in the world right now.

This. Economist and "smart" analysts calling for a recession since last year. Longest bull run blah blah and everyone feeling like something needs to happen to really ignite the next bear or correction.

No one thought: it's probably that unheard of flu strain brewing in bat poo poo.
Boat Shoes
AG
Boat Shoes said:

Working now. Down half the value. Lol.

Lost $1300 there. Anything that can realistically be done about it? Worth an ass chewing to some poor help desk person?
khaos288
AG
We going to reclaim 2600 today? I can't see holding anything but spy puts over the weekend for the foreseeable future.
TXAG14
After this mornings BS with TDA thing morning I am thinking about just sitting on the sidelines the rest of the month.
Carlo4
AG
Just sold my triple inverse S&P ETF for a 30% gain over the weekend. Thinking about going the opposite direction...
Phil Rirruto
CAT is green, leading indicator, buy buy buy
HoustonAg2014
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I have a family member who was at the FED meeting last Thursday. I told him about the FED announcement yesterday and he was floored. He said that was NOT what they talked about and none of the other guys he was texting from the meeting had heard about it till I mentioned it yesterday.

His father is well respected in the banking industry and they were in Disney last week for the banking convention. He said that the talk was about how companies are planning 25% across the board lay-offs. He mentioned that did not include oil and gas which would be larger. This was all dependent on if this virus keeps businesses/work from home going for the next 1-2 months. They are already seeing small businesses closing doors. This was all dependent of course on if we can get everything reopened soon, but the big talk was about unemployment and the huge spike that we could see in the economic data very soon.

It sounds like pure ciaos and hearing that from someone who is 85 who I thought had probably seen it all, he said he has never seen anything close to this.
This sounds ridiculous and would put the world into a complete downturn.

I also find it odd that you had to tell him what the FED did and he was unaware considering every news app and Twitter went off a second after it happened
We were hanging out enjoying our Sunday. Not trying to be rude but we were living our lives enjoying the Sunday when the notification went off.
aggiedaniel06
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Those hospitalizations and deaths are still going to happen, only now they'll be tended to by doctors who are overtaxed, in hospitals with no room, and around patients carrying something likely worse.

So how is that not something we should take seriously?

Too many people on this thread pretend to be experts in all aspects of life and while I appreciate the expertise in the market on this board, it's growing hilarious to watch some of you also pretend to be experts on infection disease as well.

I mean, we literally have people on here saying it's not worth panicking until people are putting dead bodies out on the street.

But by all means, continue...
THIS. And to be honest, most aren't experts on the markets either.

The massive bull run of the past 11 years which allowed one to blindly pick almost any ticker and make big profits has has delusioned themselves into thinking so.
thirdcoast
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Just sold my triple inverse S&P ETF for a 30% gain over the weekend. Thinking about going the opposite direction...

I sold also my SDOW at open, was thinking about buying bull ETF, but with the announcement after close I'm trying to get back in SPXS around 20. If they shut down gyms and restaurants it's going to be be bad 2 weeks .
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
AggiePeeps06
AG
Anybody have any idea why my DIS 80 put with 4/3 expiration would be down today? Disney is down $6%
IrishTxAggie
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Anybody have any idea why my DIS 80 put with 4/3 expiration would be down today? Disney is down $6%
Think your'e getting a bad read. I'm showing they're up 15.5% currently
TXAG14
Depends what your entry was.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Weird. rH is showing down 6%
Aggies1322
AG
Help me out here.. is the market going to keep falling this week, or should I jump in now? I dont want to jump in and lose 6-10% each day for the foreseeable future.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
bought swn puts, slv calls, XOM calls...
trump address right before close today, get ready for your regularly scheduled pump (i.e. order spy puts during spike)
Hendrix
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Help me out here.. is the market going to keep falling this week, or should I jump in now? I dont want to jump in and lose 6-10% each day for the foreseeable future.
when you figure it out, let me know.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Aggies1322 said:

I would like to know this as well. Anybody?
First Page Last Page
Page 1116 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.