Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,522,989 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think we hit the second lock immediately as well.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TXAG14
20%
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

This panic is all off of projections and it's ridiculous. The amount of actual deaths from this virus is so low that it wouldn't even register if we didn't have the media. I'll panic when they're picking bodies up in trucks that have been left out on the curb for pickup.
I'm going to go ahead and hope that "over preparing" and never picking up bodies in the streets happens. I'm a boyscout though.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Only thing that would've been faster than that halt is me in bed with 90s Cindy Crawford.
azul_rain
I can't help but laugh
YNWA_AG
AG
Yeah the projections are making people crazy. They are 40-70% of the US gets infected with up to 1 million deaths.
FishrCoAg
AG
Holding a spy 240p today expiry. no bid/ask showing due to circuit breaker. If you were to want to sell it and can't sit in front of screen what ask would you enter?
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

Yeah the projections are making people crazy. They are 40-70% of the US gets infected with up to 1 million deaths.
Yeah, and that will never come to fruition. If people are unable to remove emotion and look at this as a life changing opportunity to increase their wealth then they need to stick to mutual funds or get out of the market entirely.
FishrCoAg
AG
Holding a spy 240p today expiry. no bid/ask showing due to circuit breaker. If you were to want to sell it and can't sit in front of screen what ask would you enter?
FishrCoAg
AG
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

Yeah, and that will never come to fruition. If people are unable to remove emotion and look at this as a life changing opportunity to increase their wealth then they need to stick to mutual funds or get out of the market entirely.

Also, the projecting bolded above came from a former Obama official, so now I know it will never happen.
azul_rain
Long on $ROPE
AgOutsideAustin
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Only thing that would've been faster than that halt is me in bed with 90s Cindy Crawford.

Mine was Kathy Ireland.
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

Also, the projecting bolded above came from a former Obama official, so now I know it will never happen.
FishrCoAg
AG
What would you ask for a 240P on SPY today's expiry? Can't stay glued to the screen waiting for it to open back up.
CuriousAg
What system would you recommend using for a current average joe wanting to get in while things are down? Was planning on parking 5-10k and go long on a few of these blue chips you all have mentioned. I did not take advantage of the last 10 years and have been living in regret and I don't want to do that again.

Is Robinhood worth looking into? I can easily make an account with Merrill through our banking also. TIA
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

Also, the projection bolded above came from a former Obama official, so now I know it will never happen.
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

This panic is all off of projections and it's ridiculous. The amount of actual deaths from this virus is so low that it wouldn't even register if we didn't have the media. I'll panic when they're picking bodies up in trucks that have been left out on the curb for pickup.
Death isn't the only metric. With 0 deaths and millions hospitalized this is still a major economic problem.
Ragoo
AG
gig em 02 said:

Ragoo said:

AgShaun00 said:

oldarmy1 said:

RSP715 said:

SLV down big. Hmm. Load up?

Precious metals are reacting exactly the opposite of what you would anticipate. Very weird
i am very surprised by this. I don't get it. Metals are the safe haven when choas happens.
i don't understand this. Gold and silver provide no utility to the common person. We cherish it because of some luster of the metal?

Besides food, isn't everything only valuable because we perceive that it has value?
anything that meets basic needs has intrinsic value, I would say. Food, textiles, building materials (lumber), etc.
ProgN
CuriousAg said:

What system would you recommend using for a current average joe wanting to get in while things are down? Was planning on parking 5-10k and go long on a few of these blue chips you all have mentioned. I did not take advantage of the last 10 years and have been living in regret and I don't want to do that again.

Is Robinhood worth looking into? I can easily make an account with Merrill through our banking also. TIA
No, go with TDAmeritrade or Fidelity.
Phat32
AG
Glad I'm not retiring for 30 years.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ammo...
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

gig em 02 said:

Ragoo said:

AgShaun00 said:

oldarmy1 said:

RSP715 said:

SLV down big. Hmm. Load up?

Precious metals are reacting exactly the opposite of what you would anticipate. Very weird
i am very surprised by this. I don't get it. Metals are the safe haven when choas happens.
i don't understand this. Gold and silver provide no utility to the common person. We cherish it because of some luster of the metal?

Besides food, isn't everything only valuable because we perceive that it has value?
anything that meets basic needs has intrinsic value, I would say. Food, textiles, building materials (lumber), etc.
Ammo...
Aggietaco
AG
CuriousAg said:

I was in the same position recently and opened with Merrill just for the ease of transfers from BOA. It's been functioning just fine for me for basic investing.
suburban cowboy
AG
I think this is the bottom, just a complete guess
HoustonAg2014
AG
I have a family member who was at the FED meeting last Thursday. I told him about the FED announcement yesterday and he was floored. He said that was NOT what they talked about and none of the other guys he was texting from the meeting had heard about it till I mentioned it yesterday.

His father is well respected in the banking industry and they were in Disney last week for the banking convention. He said that the talk was about how companies are planning 25% across the board lay-offs. He mentioned that did not include oil and gas which would be larger. This was all dependent on if this virus keeps businesses/work from home going for the next 1-2 months. They are already seeing small businesses closing doors. This was all dependent of course on if we can get everything reopened soon, but the big talk was about unemployment and the huge spike that we could see in the economic data very soon.

It sounds like pure ciaos and hearing that from someone who is 85 who I thought had probably seen it all, he said he has never seen anything close to this.
CrottyKid
AG
How do I find out if my company's 401k management company is buying like crazy right now?
Heisenberg01
AG
gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

Death isn't the only metric. With 0 deaths and millions hospitalized this is still a major economic problem.

There are half a million hospitalizations from the flu each year, and 10's of thousands of deaths, just in the US. The economy doesn't even notice. There is a framing bias taking place in the world right now.
ProgN
I'm buying FSLY down here
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

I have a family member who was at the FED meeting last Thursday. I told him about the FED announcement yesterday and he was floored. He said that was NOT what they talked about and none of the other guys he was texting from the meeting had heard about it till I mentioned it yesterday.

His father is well respected in the banking industry and they were in Disney last week for the banking convention. He said that the talk was about how companies are planning 25% across the board lay-offs. He mentioned that did not include oil and gas which would be larger. This was all dependent on if this virus keeps businesses/work from home going for the next 1-2 months. They are already seeing small businesses closing doors. This was all dependent of course on if we can get everything reopened soon, but the big talk was about unemployment and the huge spike that we could see in the economic data very soon.

It sounds like pure ciaos and hearing that from someone who is 85 who I thought had probably seen it all, he said he has never seen anything close to this.
This sounds ridiculous and would put the world into a complete downturn.

I also find it odd that you had to tell him what the FED did and he was unaware considering every news app and Twitter went off a second after it happened
Martin Q. Blank
The whole post sounds made up.
GenericAggie
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

There are half a million hospitalizations from the flu each year, and 10's of thousands of deaths, just in the US. The economy doesn't even notice. There is a framing bias taking place in the world right now.

And that's the reality we live in. What's your point? Not being a dick but we can speculate on who's doing what and why but it doesn't matter. What matters is that you have a plan. What is your plan?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Already seeing small business closing doors since when? 4 days ago?
HoustonAg2014
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

This sounds ridiculous and would put the world into a complete downturn
I absolutely think it is ridiculous and he may be wrong. All he said was that was the chatter in the room from a bunch of bank execs. Not saying he is correct at all. I don't think that happens but do think unemployment numbers are about to be very interesting to see when they come out.
Cromagnum
AG
Dat 73 roku stock...
First Page Last Page
Page 1115 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.