Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,102,658 Views | 224574 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
leoj
AG
Please no

spud1910
AG
Talon2DSO said:

spud1910 said:

Talon2DSO said:

spud1910 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Prognightmare said:

This is coming to the US. Can you imagine the damage this will cause small businesses everywhere.
Yeah, I am part of a very small company that has a conference scheduled in mid May. People have paid to attend and businesses have paid for booths. We are on the hook for rooms and meals if we cancel, unless we can get resort to agree that we are released due to the "Impossibility Clause" in the contract. But at this point, gathering 100 people in a conference room for a few days seems pretty stupid.

Got a force majeure in there?
Yeah, waiting to hear back from the hotel about it. Both Trump's and Abbott's emergency declarations were after our initial contact.

I'm hoping that helps you out. It may considering the political pressures associated with this whole fiasco
Yeah, me too. Their initial response was sent about the time the President was speaking. Hoping they reconsider without a big fight.
FrontPorchAg
Talon2DSO said:

Prognightmare said:

This is coming to the US. Can you imagine the damage this will cause small businesses everywhere.
Yep. My business hasn't had a single booking in a week.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
IrishTxAggie
AG
You're in Central California right?
FrontPorchAg
leoj said:

Please no

If Powell gets ousted, it will be time to hold on to your butts.
FrontPorchAg
IrishTxAggie said:

You're in Central California right?
Tahoe, but my business runs the mountains in almost the entire state. Thank God, we have a military contract but if not for that things would be looking very ugly.

I'm at 15% of my normal bookings for the month.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hope the warmer months will start to kick up the bookings for ya
FrontPorchAg
Prognightmare said:

Gilead is trending on Twitter

Here are just a sample of the people they are having to deal with.

I don't know why these people think that China is going to give it to the World for free. They are just going to do the same thing Gilead was going to do.
FrontPorchAg
IrishTxAggie said:

Hope the warmer months will start to kick up the bookings for ya
Fingers crossed. We are getting 4 ft of snow this weekend but things change quick around here.
agdaddy04
AG
What's the incentive for Gilead to invest in creating new vaccines if they can't make a profit.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I love them cursing Gilead. If they didn't operate how they do, how else would they design and manufacture a drug so quickly
thirdcoast
AG
So many "experts" are reporting the bottom last Thursday based on technicals. Before Friday, everyone expected things to get massively worse before getting better, and a huge rally/short squeeze ensured into weekend.

I know TA on a hourly/daily basis has gone out window in these times, but do people here expect:

1) A break in resistance and further free fall for next several days/weeks before bottoming?

2) A volitility from where we are now retesting the Thursday low with a "sawtooth bottom" and potential U shaped recovery?

We all know the number of cases is going to skyrocket, the number of deaths will go up, but mortality rate down, and that the vast majority of tests will be negative. We know more closures, work from home, and social distancing will happen. We know the Dems and majority of media want a recession on Trump's watch. Can we expect this is all priced in already???

We DONT know if major seasonal temp changes will reduce spread, but it is plausable. We DONT know if Trump will interfere in Fed policy or how market might react. We DONT know exactly when oil will be bought into SPR or how much ("to the top"?). We heard we are in 2nd inning of stimulus/policy to counter COVID, but DONT know when or how market will react to knee jerk desperation or measured intervention.

*Also, I'm relatively new to TA candle stick analysis etc, but if anyone is effectively trading off that, what timeframe are you looking at it? I'd at least like to watch and see if the most reliable signals are good indicators now.
khaos288
AG
I think we'll see 2350 as the bottom without any major setbacks. If something crazy happens like major spike in deaths or something that can cause panic, no telling how low we can go.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Not political, but this could've sent the market into another circuit breaker if the results were different
Boat Shoes
AG
So, when they shut Vegas down, who's the best short? Assuming it doesn't happen over the weekend
IrishTxAggie
AG
MGM and LVS. Possibly CZR, but they're a buyout target
oldarmy1
AG
Not sure if pics will post but today I got to shoot with Seal Team 6 Snipers. 2nd shot 12 o'clock on target at 2360 yards. These guys were shooting 3500 yards in an 18 mph crosswind and hitting the target. Amazing!

https://imgur.com/a/BqK9GfE
goodAg80
AG

IrishTxAggie
AG
Got beat
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Not sure if pics will post but today I got to shoot with Seal Team 6 Snipers. 2nd shot 12 o'clock on target at 2360 yards. These guys were shooting 3500 yards in an 18 mph crosswind and hitting the target. Amazing!

https://imgur.com/a/BqK9GfE

That's awesome OA
ProgN
thirdcoast said:

So many "experts" are reporting the bottom last Thursday based on technicals. Before Friday, everyone expected things to get massively worse before getting better, and a huge rally/short squeeze ensured into weekend.

I know TA on a hourly/daily basis has gone out window in these times, but do people here expect:

1) A break in resistance and further free fall for next several days/weeks before bottoming?

2) A volitility from where we are now retesting the Thursday low with a "sawtooth bottom" and potential U shaped recovery?

We all know the number of cases is going to skyrocket, the number of deaths will go up, but mortality rate down, and that the vast majority of tests will be negative. We know more closures, work from home, and social distancing will happen. We know the Dems and majority of media want a recession on Trump's watch. Can we expect this is all priced in already???

We DONT know if major seasonal temp changes will reduce spread, but it is plausable. We DONT know if Trump will interfere in Fed policy or how market might react. We DONT know exactly when oil will be bought into SPR or how much ("to the top"?). We heard we are in 2nd inning of stimulus/policy to counter COVID, but DONT know when or how market will react to knee jerk desperation or measured intervention.

*Also, I'm relatively new to TA candle stick analysis etc, but if anyone is effectively trading off that, what timeframe are you looking at it? I'd at least like to watch and see if the most reliable signals are good indicators now.
This is just based off my own experience in the market during corrections.

We are living in extreme volatility but A LOT of money can be made during this time. You have to remain fluid and every position is a trade. I don't trade options at this time because stocks that I look at move enough for me. I generally buy when the market sells off and it allows me to sell out the next day or 2 for more the points of profit that I'm looking for. I may start to trade options similarly but they will be in stocks like AAPL, AMZN, TTD out to Dec/Jan, but you can trade those as well because when this market turns they will move considerably. Getting in and out of stocks at this time allows you to remain pretty much in a cash position and profit off the volatility. This works well in IRA because the taxes don't come into play.

Personally, I still believe we are close to the bottom in the market but you'll never be able to pick it.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
leoj
AG
Holy cow. They teach you the secrets of their ways?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

A few techniques I hadn't seen. The top Seal Team sniper instructor was there and looked the part. His was the gun used. I wasn't allowed to film the shooting but I was able to take a closer pic of their top snipers gun.

https://imgur.com/a/RrwNfjz
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Oa now you're speaking my language. Cool stuff.
That doesn't loom like a 338lapua. 416 barrett?

Also you're not as old as I had you pegged for

ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

A few techniques I hadn't seen. The top Seal Team sniper instructor was there and looked the part. His was the gun used. I want allowed to film the shooting but I was able to take a closer pic of their top snipers gun.

https://imgur.com/a/RrwNfjz

oldarmy1
AG
NRD09 said:

Oa now you're speaking my language. Cool stuff.
That doesn't loom like a 338lapua. 416 barrett?

Also you're not as old as I had you pegged for

That's my nephew holding up the cartridge for me to take the picture. I'm as old as you probably thought.
Bert315
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

One up on wall street

Thanks, ordered it online.

What software do yall recommend for a beginner?
McInnis 03
AG
Monday gonna be bad

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
Unbelievable. Cant hold a rally for crap with the cloud over our heads.
IrishTxAggie
AG
****ing Europeans....
Talon2DSO
AG
No such thing as ST6
Brewmaster
AG
kickass! Are they all .50 cal?
First Page Last Page
Page 1109 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.