Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,070,689 Views | 224423 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1
AG
Talon2DSO said:

No such thing as ST6

No wonder those photos of them wouldn't take... ghosts
dlp3719
AG
I'm starting to get nervous about how long the quarantine might last. My kids are out of school for 3 weeks at this point.

For those of you in DAL, my neighbors who work there act like it's about to get ugly. All consultants and contractors gone, parking about 40% of capacity, early retirement offers and offers of time off without pay (but keep benefits) are out.

They are bracing for layoffs. They just feel like it's coming. It's seems like full bunker mentally.

I'm sure a govt bailout will come but they are not counting on it. I was surprised at how much they are circling the wagons. FWIW.
dlp3719
AG
Im sorry. No need to leave. You are certainly welcome here.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Don't apologize, his post was asinine. "You don't like Trump so don't you dare say you agree with me". What a bizarre mindset.
McInnis 03
AG
Gilead bad news?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/03/14/early-results-dampen-outlook-for-experimental-covi.aspx
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Talon2DSO
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Talon2DSO said:

No such thing as ST6

No wonder those photos of them wouldn't take... ghosts

Ghosts.
jmcfar_98
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Gilead bad news?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/03/14/early-results-dampen-outlook-for-experimental-covi.aspx

Or not.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/did-experimental-drug-help-us-coronavirus-patient
spud1910
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Gilead bad news?

Not a great headline, but nothing really bad in your link. Too few patients to be useful data with just 3 reported. The biggest concern, elevation of liver enzymes, could be a killer. However, patients that didn't receive the treatment also had elevated liver enzymes, so that may be a component of the disease and not the drug.
tailgatetimer10
AG
After I read that sentence I really question the editorial decision for the headline. It reads really good for the outlook of the treatment.

ProgN
My allergies are really acting up and I just coughed/sneezed at the store and a guy asked, "do you have the virus ".

Yeah, this has to be peak paranoia.
docaggie
AG
The fact is it's really too hard to tell after dozens or even hundreds of patients (for most drugs) whether something is effective or not. There just aren't enough patients who the drug have been tried on to get enough power for the statistics. And the smaller the effect the drug has on something (like recovery from a virus) the more people it takes to get sufficient study power to show a statistical difference. Same thing for the side effects. The information coming out is less of a rigorous study and more of a case series, which is akin to saying "this is my experience with this drug" and is not that scientifically compelling.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
leoj
AG
Nike apparently closing all stores. Could this finally be the end of JCP?
spud1910
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

After I read that sentence I really question the editorial decision for the headline. It reads really good for the outlook of the treatment.

I agree.
Spaceship
AG
leoj said:

Nike apparently closing all stores. Could this finally be the end of JCP?

I think JCP customers have already been self-quarantined for a few years now.
Harkrider 93
AG
Prognightmare said:

My allergies are really acting up and I just coughed/sneezed at the store and a guy asked, "do you have the virus ".

Peak would be a mob beats you up with no questions asked after sneezing and then steal your toilet paper.
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

I know this is a joke, but not even close. Wait until 2 weeks after the idiots get back from spring break.
ProgN
Would have been a good Irish boxing match before St. Patrick's Day if he tried that.
khaos288
AG
gig em 02 said:

Prognightmare said:

I know this is a joke, but not even close. Wait until 2 weeks after the idiots get back from spring break.

Wait until the idiots who are bragging about how they don't care and going on cheap vacations, restaurants, etc end up killing off half their grandparents.
jmcfar_98
AG
Prognightmare said:

Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Not sure if pics will post but today I got to shoot with Seal Team 6 Snipers. 2nd shot 12 o'clock on target at 2360 yards. These guys were shooting 3500 yards in an 18 mph crosswind and hitting the target. Amazing!

https://imgur.com/a/BqK9GfE
3500 yards = 2 miles! incredible! God bless our snipers
ProgN
Futures open in a little over an hour, call your shots.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Not calling a shot until the VP steps on deck in a few minutes.
TXAG14
Nvmd. lol Fed cuts rates. Opening green.
J_Landes89
AG
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

Not calling a shot until the VP steps on deck in a few minutes.

I say limit down due to the overzealous press. Although the increase in deaths in the US has been missing. I wonder why?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fed just slashed the rate to 0...so I'll say green
ProgN
ProgN
I was responding to you when I the news hit. I retract my previous statement your honor.

TXAG14
Glad I didn't buy SPY puts late Friday.
Aggie95
AG
negative rates by end of April?

the 2 previous massive FED actions were not even a speed bump...I don't see this one doing much other than maybe a one day green.
wessimo
AG
Yowza
khaos288
AG
Aggie95 said:

negative rates by end of April?

the 2 previous massive FED actions were not even a speed bump...I don't see this one doing much other than maybe a one day green.

I'll take one day green at this point. A few speed bumps during this crash would be nice.
spud1910
AG
TXAG14 said:

Glad I didn't buy SPY puts late Friday.
Wish I hadn't.
jj9000
AG
Hail Mary pass.

When they run out of arrows, the market will run its course.
First Page Last Page
Page 1110 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.