Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,979 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by jagvocate
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Mexican stores have TP
jj9000
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

riley290 said:

what do you think Mike Pence will announce at this Press Conference?

Also, weekend dow (yes, it is trash) is down back to where it was prior to that late day pump.

No it's not. They came off ~1% AH after they ran almost 7% from beginning to end of market close of the presser

Maybe this? It's why I asked what site/platform he's using.

https://www.ig.com/en/indices/markets-indices/weekend-wall-street
GreasenUSA
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Good advice. It's the weekend, so maybe I can get some barbacoa too!
leoj
AG
He's talking about this I believe. So not the actual after hours stock market.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Ah, gotcha. I don't pay any kind of attention to those personally. Unless you trade futures, watching them will just give you anxiety IMO.
khaos288
AG
Did we know about tax credits including small business for hourly wage earners to pay for paid medical leave? That's a huge deal. (Pence talking in PC right now)
Hendrix
AG
This will break some already weak retailers. Mall or retail reits will get hit hard and fringe retailers barely holding on will fold. No way JCP survives much longer. This will break some weak hands in retail.
riley290
AG
Yes, the Weekend Dow. its complete trash but I'll play it sometimes especially times like these. Its been spot on the past two months on directionality and pretty close on futures open prices Sunday evening.

I held all my puts yesterday and laid down quite a bit on VIX $60, 65, 70 calls expiring in April as I suspect we're about to have some more hurt in the coming weeks. Every time VIX spikes over $70 I'm buying series of Sep, Oct and Nov puts. VIX futures in severe backwardation right now, if it hits $90 i'll be pretty all in on my options account on VIX puts.

Close to close my options account was down 38% 3/13, good thing I was up 194% the day previous! If we stabilize early some of my plays will be in trouble but I am pretty confident in my strikes and April/May expiries on my puts and on calls I've sold.

Going to start selling puts in the next 1-2 weeks on shares I'd like to own longterm.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
IrishTxAggie said:

Lol! Spit coffee on my phone just now!
Grown Pear
AG
gig em 02 said:

Shifts cash from bonds to stocks because the dividend from a solid company is better than the bond rate?

Chasing dividend yield is a very dangerous move.
shiphunt
AG
Zero Hedge articles showing up on this forum makes me think we've bottomed.
reedsterg
AG
Does anyone have any thoughts on buying RCL right now?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Buy them after bankruptcy
Carlo4
AG
Humor aside, I saw the panic at grocery stores first hand yesterday while the president spoke. I certainly saw and felt number 1, but my gut tells me number 2.

1. Bottom achieved Thursday going into Friday. You buy when everyone panics, right? In 2 months, we gear back up production and get going.

2. This is the 2nd inning, and so much more is at play between now and say, 2 years out, for the virus and impacts play out.
Fitch
AG
I think we need to come to terms with this as a multi-month and possibly year-long phenomenon.
McInnis 03
AG
I'll be looking at a few Kroger call opportunities around Q1 results. Either that or some vertical spreads that can handle that time frame
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
KMB too. Then short them in Q2
leoj
AG
Without looking, Clorox and pg have to be associated as well?
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
PG portfolio is fairly diverse and not as tied into just TP and strictly sanitary stuff like KMB. CLX actually has a very diverse portfolio as well. So they may take numbers hits in Q2/Q3, but don't think it would be as bad as KMB.
YNWA_AG
AG
there Is still the false hope that it dies off like the flu in the summer. No way to tell yet.
Boat Shoes
AG
YNWA_AG said:

there Is still the false hope that it dies off like the flu in the summer. No way to tell yet.

How can it be a false hope if there's no way to know yet?
IrishTxAggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Considering the numbers or lack thereof coming out of the areas of the world in extremely cold or fairly warm regions, I'm pretty optimistic this thing is going to get knocked down once April rolls around.
RGRAg1/75
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

YNWA_AG said:

Considering the numbers or lack thereof coming out of the areas of the world in extremely cold or fairly early regions, I'm pretty optimistic this thing is going to get knocked down once April rolls around.

Unseasonably warm in TX. We should see the potential impacts of warmer wtx soon.
riley290
AG
Its pretty loose in 85 degree brazil, 82 degree bahrain, rising cases in singapore and malaysia, India has suspended all land border crossings and locking down cities due to cases on the rise this week. The usual coronavirus temperature cycle seems to be not as strong with this strain.

We're reaching the tail end of our flu season here and I only have just over a handful of admitted flu patients so this is about the time on the gulf coast we'd start to see a significant layoff of the winter respiratory viruses.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Talon2DSO
AG
Prognightmare said:

This is coming to the US. Can you imagine the damage this will cause small businesses everywhere.
ProgN
Gilead is trending on Twitter

Here are just a sample of the people they are having to deal with.

IrishTxAggie
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

YNWA_AG said:

Considering the numbers or lack thereof coming out of the areas of the world in extremely cold or fairly early regions, I'm pretty optimistic this thing is going to get knocked down once April rolls around.

Unseasonably warm in TX. We should see the potential impacts of warmer wtx soon.

Even the Midwest had a very very calm winter. Areas in warmer climates aren't being hit nearly as hard as areas with cool/cold weather.
spud1910
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Prognightmare said:

This is coming to the US. Can you imagine the damage this will cause small businesses everywhere.
Yeah, I am part of a very small company that has a conference scheduled in mid May. People have paid to attend and businesses have paid for booths. We are on the hook for rooms and meals if we cancel, unless we can get resort to agree that we are released due to the "Impossibility Clause" in the contract. But at this point, gathering 100 people in a conference room for a few days seems pretty stupid.
Talon2DSO
AG
spud1910 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Prognightmare said:

Yeah, I am part of a very small company that has a conference scheduled in mid May. People have paid to attend and businesses have paid for booths. We are on the hook for rooms and meals if we cancel, unless we can get resort to agree that we are released due to the "Impossibility Clause" in the contract. But at this point, gathering 100 people in a conference room for a few days seems pretty stupid.

Got a force majeure in there?
tk for tu juan
IrishTxAggie said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

YNWA_AG said:

Even the Midwest had a very very calm winter. Areas in warmer climates aren't being hit nearly as hard as areas with cool/cold weather.
There is a PDF in the following link that discusses the early research on temp/relative humidity for the initial outbreak areas and how they all occur within the 30 to 50 degree North latitude.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3550308
spud1910
AG
Talon2DSO said:

spud1910 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Prognightmare said:

Yeah, waiting to hear back from the hotel about it. Both Trump's and Abbott's emergency declarations were after our initial contact.
CheladaAg
Talon2DSO
AG
spud1910 said:

Talon2DSO said:

spud1910 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Prognightmare said:

Yeah, waiting to hear back from the hotel about it. Both Trump's and Abbott's emergency declarations were after our initial contact.

I'm hoping that helps you out. It may considering the political pressures associated with this whole fiasco
dlp3719
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Nancy knew she had to get in front of Trump because she knew what was coming from this Trump press conference, but it didn't matter. She continues to wear the tire treads of the Trump Bus.

With the market activity, we have had a lot of new people show up on the thread. I've been here since page 300 and it's a great thread. You guys are welcome but please, PLEASE be mindful that we are here for stock market talk.

Yes politics and the stock market are very connected today. However, what can ruin the thread is invasion of politics. Talk of some politics is fine but it needs to relate to the stock market. I may 100% agree with the post above (and it got a number of stars) but there was no tie of what you said to the market's activity today.

This thread is special. Please help keep it that way. TIA!
First Page Last Page
Page 1108 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.