Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,027,025 Views | 224251 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ideally you want the move you go outside your strikes and one goes to zero while the other profits immensely.

If you close one side (at a loss) and there is a reversal you get a double whammy
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
Ragoo said:

khaos288 said:

deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

To add on to that my cousin up at WaState has had her classes cancelled. Moving online
Pepperdine cancelled today also. All classes going online.
I have to say. If colleges go online and companies that can allow work remotely, do, the social distancing impact will be enormous.
buy ZM?
My company is the largest corporate client outside of google itself.
12thMan86
AG
Jizzle89 said:

So, finally made the switch from Vanguard to TD Ameritrade official..

Just downloaded ThinkorSwim from TD, and Wow. Lots of potential, but slightly overwhelmed..

Anyone have some good tips and tricks for how to best customize and make that app useful?

Thanks
Their education tab is pretty awesome. It is overwhelming, but once you learn it, it's incredible. I bet I only know 10% of its power.

Lots of Utube vid's too.

Good Luck. It's like golf, we are all beginners at some point.
12thMan86
AG
Ragoo said:

khaos288 said:

deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

To add on to that my cousin up at WaState has had her classes cancelled. Moving online
I have to say. If colleges go online and companies that can allow work remotely, do, the social distancing impact will be enormous.
buy ZM?
i Just put in an order for an April 17 135 Butterfly 15 wide for 1.80. It might blow right through 135 next week.
leoj
AG
That undercut and pop back up at the end of the day was real interesting.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BUFFETT Speaks

Warren Buffett says coronavirus, oil drop hit to stocks not as bad as 1987, 2008

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/warren-buffett-says-coronavirus-oil-price-war-one-two-punch-not-as-bad-as-1987-2008
Pepper Brooks
AG
My company extended the travel ban through April and allowed blanket WFH for 45,000 employees through March earlier today.
Trolley Problems
McInnis 03 said:

Ideally you want the move you go outside your strikes and one goes to zero while the other profits immensely.

If you close one side (at a loss) and there is a reversal you get a double whammy

Thanks McInnis. So the winning option would have to increase more than what you paid for the losing option in order to be net green on the trade.

That's how I was thinking about it with no stops in place, but I wanted to make sure I was thinking about it right.
McInnis 03
AG
Trolley Problems said:

McInnis 03 said:

Thanks McInnis. So the winning option would have to increase more than what you paid for the losing option in order to be net green on the trade.

That's how I was thinking about it with no stops in place, but I wanted to make sure I was thinking about it right.

I'm still learning too!

I've found these images and explanations help me immensely

https://www.optionsbro.com/basic-options-strategies/
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
oldarmy1
AG
The SPY options approach continues to perform. From this point forward I have started to buy long positions on major stocks like ADBE, CRM, DIS, ROKU, XOM, SPCE and host of others. I'll buy a few SPY and SH Calls that won't mitigate 100% of declines but softens the sinking share price.

I want to get 50% position in place over the course of this downturn and then the other 50% on a flash sell major volume drop. Any upward moves prior to that I will sell some covered calls on a portion of shares or just sell up to 50% of what I have accumulated.

It's rare but on major decay moves like this sometimes you don't get the pronounced V bottom. I'll gladly hold ROKU from $90 to hopefully $75 area for next buys. Same strategy on all of the others.

Unless you believe the world is ending DIS under $100 and other stocks are a gift from the money gods. The more they shake the trees the more we get to buy lower for a higher % future.

Be deliberate. See your total dollars available and just protect %50% of that account.
Brewmaster
AG
Man that sounds awesome! Even if I didn't buy it, I would happily buy you lunch and see the truck some time.

...and I always enjoy your insights and experiences shared here!
claym711
AG
So you're in cash at >50% and looking for a lower low. Significant.
the last of the bohemians
Why everyone so bullish on Disney?
Wouldn't their film business take a big hit from this?
gougler08
AG
Futures heading down so far tonight
azul_rain
The mouse owns everything. Plus Disney is rolling out new tv series and their Disney + stuff. Don't bet against the mouse
oldarmy1
AG
Not bullish now, but a desired core holding.
oldarmy1
AG
claym711 said:

So you're in cash at >50% and looking for a lower low. Significant.
I'm only in 25%, but yes lower.

And on my set up it's SPY puts and SH calls. Obviously not SPY calls hedging long positions. That would just be silly.
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Would you mind sharing your list of core holdings? I apologize if you've done so before.

Thanks!
Carlo4
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Why everyone so bullish on Disney?
Wouldn't their film business take a big hit from this?

I'm waiting for them to close both parks for a month like they did in China, and then buy them on the cheap during that closing.
Trucker 96
Cutting off European travel for 30 days. Except for UK. We'll see how the market takes this one.
azul_rain
Dow -1000
Trucker 96
Still feels like it sets up a good buying opp
oldarmy1
AG
Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

Would you mind sharing your list of core holdings? I apologize if you've done so before.

Thanks!
JD, AAPL, OKTA, ADBE, MMM, ADBE, AMD, NVDA, SQ, DIS, ROKU, DE, AMZN (Only Net free on Amazon as the percentage gain has inverted)

New: NET, SPCE, SDC
oldarmy1
AG
All travel from Europe suspended. Futures down 42.

I think 2600 area is our eventual lows but might overrun as much as 2450 on flash finale.
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

All travel from Europe suspended. Futures down 42.

I think 2600 area is our eventual lows but might overrun as much as 2450 on flash finale.

Sounds like my calls are toast but our entry point is about to get a lot lower!
Brewmaster
AG
12thMan86 said:

Ragoo said:

khaos288 said:

deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

buy ZM?
i Just put in an order for an April 17 135 Butterfly 15 wide for 1.80. It might blow right through 135 next week.
ZM is very popular amongst HP's peeps. Food for thought... and I definitely agree, it could run quite a bit more soon.
claym711
AG
Recession will test the 2015/2016 market tops.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Just over 2k on the S&P?
Pignorant
AG
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson test positive for Coronavirus.
ryanhnc10
AG
NBA just suspended all play for the foreseeable future. They just showed Mark Cubans reaction during the Mavs game when he got a text / email
aggiedaniel06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

I predict that we see ES $2690 today. And we touch $2630 at some point before market open tomorrow.

I was close. Lowest /ES hit during regular session was 2700.
After hours, looks like it will hit my target.
HoustonAg2014
AG
So real question here. How much does something like the NBA getting cancelled hurt Someone like Roku?

Would people who are stuck at home now instead of watching at the NCAAs at a bar or in public benefit Roku?

I can't figure out this stock at all...
riley290
AG
Just short Aramark now, they'll have 0 revenue until this blows over in the summer
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Bulls need to hope that /ES holds $2630. Flash to 2600 is okay. Anything lower and it's over.
ProgN

First Page Last Page
Page 1084 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.