Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,960,318 Views | 223966 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by ETX_Ag_22_24
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brewmaster
AG
spud1910 said:

Coop back below $10. Time to start looking at it again?

I think so, but you might get it even cheaper -- Wait for confirmation (for it to turnaround and start churning upward).
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

If today settles above 23,641.36, I am declaring this down trend over. That doesn't mean there would be intraday trading below this level, I'm just declaring the thoughts of a bear market aint there..

Disagree, more hysteria will follow and not one company has reported ****ty earnings yet blaming it on the virus. Some may have given lowered guidance but when the numbers roll in later the downward trend should continue. Next big buy for me is at 23,000 Dow.
aggiedaniel06
AG
FriscoKid said:

~2600-2700 range on the S&P is worth watching IMO depending on where you draw the trend line from 2008. Bounce or crash through? If the market is going to bounce then it better happen fast.
Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about!

My line in the sand is $2630. If we don't V recover from there, then we are entering a full fledged bear market.
leoj
AG
Taking a step back, I didn't trade the financial crisis obviously, so it is really interesting to watch what's going on because this is a market people will remember.
claym711
AG
Take a look at net volume and breadth today and ask yourself if 2700 looks like a clean and obvious bottom. It's never obvious and you don't get V up and down at a bottom. Market may bounce wildly but bottom isn't in IMO.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
So you think the ****ty earnings are factored in here ? I don't.
When all those reports come out negatively I don't see how the market doesn't react downward.
spud1910
AG
BREwmaster said:

spud1910 said:

Coop back below $10. Time to start looking at it again?

I think so, but you might get it even cheaper -- Wait for confirmation (for it to turnaround and start churning upward).
Thanks. Still lots to learn on the charts, but looks like it has the potential to continue dropping.
Harkrider 93
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

If today settles above 23,641.36, I am declaring this down trend over. That doesn't mean there would be intraday trading below this level, I'm just declaring the thoughts of a bear market aint there..
isn't it a +/- a certain percentage on floors? I am hoping you say yes as the DJIA is at 23609
FriscoKid
AG
June 2019
jm94
AG
Seattle Public Schools is closing for two weeks
The University of Washington is restricting athletic events to direct participants only (players, coaches, facility support, media, etc.)
azul_rain
To add on to that my cousin up at WaState has had her classes cancelled. Moving online
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Aggie_2463 said:

Taking my final shot of dry powder here... Jesus take the wheel!!!!!
Yep, I'm at pushing the rest of the chips in phase. Posted to document how far off I'm missing the bottom on this one.
Carlo4
AG
Anyone making moves before President Trump's speech?
gougler08
AG
Bought calls earlier today expecting another bounce on the see saw tomorrow but that's it for me
YNWA_AG
AG
The Ncaa tournament will have no fans
iluvpoker
2 weeks ago I didn't think we would need to be reminded of these numbers, but the Russell 2000 just hit 1,264 so here are the closing numbers from Dec 24, 2018

Closing on 12/24/18
Dow 21,792
SP 2,351
Nas 6,193
R2k 1,267

iluvpoker
Close of Election Day 2016 (11/8/16)

Election Day 2016
Dow 18,332
SP 2,140
Nas 5,193
R2k 1,195
ALL IN 2013
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Well, the tesla to 600's predicting a few days ago was good. Now that same prognosticator says BA to 170
Who is this prognosticator? I would like to follow him!
Carlo4
AG
When China started quarantining millions back in January, what did their stock market do between then and now (2 months out)?

Will the pattern repeat?

Looked it up, and SSE index went from around 3,100 mid january to 2,740 early february. Another 12% drop. Then, it rebounded mostly back to 2968 today.

IrishTxAggie
AG
PDEMDHC said:

When China started quarantining millions back in January, what did their stock market do between then and now (2 months out)?

Will the pattern repeat?

Looked it up, and SSE index went from around 3,100 mid january to 2,740 early february. Another 12% drop. Then, it rebounded mostly back to 2968 today.

I like this data set
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Will the pattern repeat?

yeah but their stock market is way more rigged than our is
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
deadbq03
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

To add on to that my cousin up at WaState has had her classes cancelled. Moving online
Pepperdine cancelled today also. All classes going online.
khaos288
AG
deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

I have to say. If colleges go online and companies that can allow work remotely, do, the social distancing impact will be enormous.
IrishTxAggie
AG
khaos288 said:

deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

I have to say. If colleges go online and companies that can allow work remotely, do, the social distancing impact will be enormous.

I mean... I'm already a remote worker and hate people. This is zero change for me.
Harkrider 93
BrokeAssAggie
All these events being canceled today, the market will continue to tank through the weekend.
McInnis 03
AG
ALL IN 2013 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Well, the tesla to 600's predicting a few days ago was good. Now that same prognosticator says BA to 170
Who is this prognosticator? I would like to follow him!

Permabear doomster on Twitter
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

So will $ZM
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

khaos288 said:

deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

I mean... I'm already a remote worker and hate people. This is zero change for me.
haha I manage a team and tell them we WFH MWF, and about 60% of Thursdays I tell them to WFH anyway. One day for in person meetings is plenty.
Trolley Problems
OA, Gougler, other experts: Continuing the strangle questions -

Do you set stops for both the call and the put after purchase in order to be stopped out of the losing bet and ride the winning? Or do you let them both play out? Without stops in place, wouldn't any gain in premium on the winning option be offset by the loss in premium on the losing option? Or am I thinking about that wrong?
Ragoo
AG
khaos288 said:

deadbq03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

buy ZM?
First Page Last Page
Page 1083 of 6400

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.