Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,094,248 Views | 224511 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Chef Elko
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well he's gone from tariffs on 10% of Chinese imports to 30%. He's about to blow his whole load real quick at this rate. Guess he wants to try and work out a deal by Friday?
tailgatetimer10
AG
2017, every time nk launched a missle it was a buying opportunity. We will see tomorrow I guess. Fortunately I sold off a decent amount today, wish I would've done more now
Long Live Sully
AG
My hope and suspicion is that behind the scenes the right things are happening. China has more to lose than we do and it is time we started playing the long game like they do instead of the earnings report to earnings report mentality.
oldarmy1
AG
THIN THIN THIN
ranchag04
AG
I am taking a beating on my stocks but I think Trump is right on....he's not one to back down and any strong negotiator sees what he is doing...little short term pain for better end result
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Because he's following through with his campaign promises.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Exactly, just saying I don't think a short term decline in stocks will sway him.
Nope. As stated I think this is a very calculated move by Trump. And the markets might react negative on the short blips but the rebounds have been impressive. I still think he is willing to give up 2000-2500 of the 8500 point gains to win the war.
ranchag04
AG
Additionally ...Market went up maybe too fast...it wasn't sustainable for 3 years at that pace...you don't need a fierce market primed for the fall before re-election. Slow it down...throw some roadblocks and toy with China...we go down....they do too. They have just as much to lose as us. Actually more when you start looking into energy..etc.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Agreed. He's in this for the long haul if he needs to be. He may be a moron in a lot of instances, but I'll hand it to him, he doesn't back down
IrishTxAggie
AG
They own a **** ton of our debt too. Around $1.2 trillion I believe and Trump is "Mr. Bankruptcy".
leoj
AG
I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if I didn't imagine that trumps dream economy is 3/4 manufacturing, mining, and oil. We should be trying to beat China at AI, quantum computing, chips, self driving cars, etc.
ranchag04
AG
Why ...70% of the jobs are in the fields you listed as that he favors...let me rephrase 70% of the jobs that are going to vote for him re-election...and China doesn't want oil they want natural gas...big moves being made on that front on both sides
ranchag04
AG
Yep I figured that into etc...a major reason we have the leverage
IrishTxAggie
AG
Yep on the NG. I'm in Hong Kong five times a year. All the taxis run on NG and the rest of the vehicles aren't far behind.
FriscoKid
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Exactly, just saying I don't think a short term decline in stocks will sway him.

I don't think a large term decline would either. I love him in a lot of ways, but this one doesn't make sense. If it works then he might go down as a top 5 president, but I don't see it right now.
leoj
AG
This sums up a bit more of my line of thinking. Trump is close to being right, but he's also a hammer in search of a nail.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/us-china-trade-war-fears-gary-locke-on-a-non-tariff-strategy.html
oldarmy1
AG
Buying overnight futures has been some of the easiest money in the markets.
oldarmy1
AG
This same person earlier was noted for talking about how much further the bull market had to go..."experts"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/06/guggenheim-investment-chief-scott-minerd-sees-a-recession-and-a-40-percent-plunge-in-stocks-ahead.html
oldarmy1
AG
CHK, SN, SWN accumulation period coming to an end.
what say you
OA, what do you mean by "accumulation period"? And how does it effect these stocks?
oldarmy1
AG
Simply stocks trading at major support levels. They'll churn for weeks and months sometimes and I accumulate large positions to be able to sell off portions on every false start, to lower my average holding share price.
FriscoKid
AG
Even without the new tariff talk I thought we were going to have a hard time going higher today. If we didn't break that resistance yesterday on a really strong day, but blow past it today I'm going to be surprised.
what say you
So, are you saying that if you're not in them by now, get in, because they are going higher and the time for a "cheap" price is over?
oldarmy1
AG
what say you said:

So, are you saying that if you're not in them by now, get in, because they are going higher and the time for a "cheap" price is over?

I'm never telling anyone to get in a stock but have said as SN and CHK broke below $3 and SWN below $4 I was accumulating shares for at least 2 of the 3 to reach double those prices over next year.
FriscoKid
AG
A little surprised we just shrugged off the jobs report. I think it's largely BS, but the market usually knee jerks on that.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

Even without the new tariff talk I thought we were going to have a hard time going higher today. If we didn't break that resistance yesterday on a really strong day, but blow past it today I'm going to be surprised.

I'd have a macroview that says As long as Futures are in rebound mode it's still a support market. In a bear market they never come back and share prices never hold.

That's why I continue to trade these overnight Futures. S&P Futures bought at -31 and now selling at -17. It's like getting a full normal trading day. At some point that will stop and I'll take a loss when it does. Until then it's still a bull market, which is why a number of shares continue to reach new highs.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

I'd have a macroview that says As long as Futures are in rebound mode it's still a support market. In a bear market they never come back and share prices never hold.

That's why I continue to trade these overnight Futures. S&P Futures bought at -31 and now selling at -17. It's like getting a full normal trading day. At some point that will stop and I'll take a loss when it does. Until then it's still a bull market, which is why a number of shares continue to reach new highs.

I don't necessarily disagree, but there appears to be strong resistance at the highs from yesterday and strong support at the feb lows.
oldarmy1
AG
Ok resident AVEO expert. Is it accumlation time? Under$2. I nabbed a decent size order.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I believe so. They have their phase 3 readout in Q2 and should be in front of the FDA late summer.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I believe so. They have their phase 3 readout in Q2 and should be in front of the FDA late summer.
They are getting beat up by the analyst last few days. I generally see that as signaling an entry is forthcoming. Love how these geniuses are on a "hold" or "buy" while a stock drops perciptously for months and then pile on at the end of the cycle.
oldarmy1
AG
SWKS - Traded it twice over past few months and alerts went off last two days at entry points. However, without volume I'm less than excited to make a move back in for another potential $10 swing trade. I did take a few Call Options April 20 Strike $106. I noticed the double resistance top had zero added volume this past cycle. I was selling as it approached that any way so it didn't surprise me but the lack of sell volume did - just as the lack of support volume does now.

oldarmy1
AG
AVEO had a well defined Darvis Box, as we've discussed here. As usual when it breaks the box it gets directional VERY quickly.

First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.