Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,520,308 Views | 223293 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Red Pear Luke (BCS)
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Idk, ubs came out with a price target of $35 because they say there is going to be DRAM oversupply.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Damn... That's a hell of a haircut!
FriscoKid
AG
rally died/paused at the 3/29 highs this morning. We might be a little range bound here?
FriscoKid
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Damn... That's a hell of a haircut!
They beat earnings too last QT.

And, I don't know if I buy that report 100% (at least not that dramatic). Everything I've heard from reps is that most of the memory is still on allocation right now which would still mean under supply.
IrishTxAggie
AG
They've beat earnings the past 4QTs...
HoustonAg2014
AG
Does anyone have a technical analysis chart they can share on Apple? I am a little underwater right now on it and I am trying to figure out if we are range bound there for a while or if it might head back up towards its highs. Any help would be much appreciated.
leoj
AG
They say it's over the next two years. However I'm not sure where this huge production is supposedly coming online from. I don't really buy it and am still pretty bullish on both MU and LRCX.
FriscoKid
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Does anyone have a technical analysis chart they can share on Apple? I am a little underwater right now on it and I am trying to figure out if we are range bound there for a while or if it might head back up towards its highs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Apple kind of looks like the rest of the market. I think we had a breakout of the overall bear trend yesterday, but if we don't set a new high today or tomorrow then we might be stuck here for a while. Anyone else?
FriscoKid
AG
leoj said:

They say it's over the next two years. However I'm not sure where this huge production is supposedly coming online from. I don't really buy it and am still pretty bullish on both MU and LRCX.
I think a lot of it is because of smaller transistors. I heard that some of them are moving to smaller technologies now which would mean more chips per wafer.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'll be in a seminar within the next week regarding this. The roadmap beyond 7nm gets very blurry and is going to require different transistor stacks. Either way, when you move to these smaller nodes the yields take a while to sort themselves out. Should be interesting
HoustonAg2014
AG
I was seeing the same thing but I am still working on my chart drawings and seeing trends. I saw strong support and also know the last previous recent high was about 172.80 so I wasn't sure if I was looking at that right. I feel like if it can hold it's going back up hard, but had to ask cause I could always take some off and buy back lower if it looks range bound.
FriscoKid
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

I was seeing the same thing but I am still working on my chart drawings and seeing trends. I saw strong support and also know the last previous recent high was about 172.80 so I wasn't sure if I was looking at that right. I feel like if it can hold it's going back up hard, but had to ask cause I could always take some off and buy back lower if it looks range bound.

I think it's a coin flip. If it breaks out and sets a new high it's going flying. Personally it looks like resistance to me for now though. But, Apple didn't quite reach the same resistance point that the broad market did though. Your money and your decision, but that's what I see.
FriscoKid
AG
Hell, we broke out yesterday for no apparent reason and I was left holding the bag.
pacecar02
things look to be breaking up again
FriscoKid
AG
pacecar02 said:

things look to be breaking up again
Not yet
FriscoKid
AG
It's going to do something here. S&P keeps flirting with that resistance. kissed it a bunch of times
FriscoKid
AG
2656 support. Break that and do we give back the gains today?
FriscoKid
AG
bye bye
pacecar02
FriscoKid said:

bye bye
:sadpanda:
FriscoKid
AG
pacecar02 said:

FriscoKid said:

bye bye
:sadpanda:
sure looked like it to me at least. I wouldn't worry about Apple though long term. I bet we are done with the bear. I really think we broke out yesterday.
oldarmy1
AG
Planted LULU today with double from ling term hold strategy. However, I bought $100 strike calls out to May because of the probable $100 flash opportunity.

As a reminder, there is a psychological magnetic effect on stocks above $90 to reach $100. Once breached shares will "flash" rise quickly to $105-110 and then many times see volume selling sending it back below $100.

FriscoKid
AG
What do you think about 2666 on the S&P being resistance? Looked really strong to me.
FriscoKid
AG
support at 2615 maybe?
Bonfire1996
AG
The long opportunity over the next 21 days is some of the most extraordinary I have seen in my 10 years of investing.

1. Earnings season begins with a 21% corporate tax rate
2. NAFTA deal imminent according to Canadian PM Trudeau. Any deal made benefits the USA.
3. China trade threats will end in a deal before tariffs hit.
4. Jobs report that will likely beat and Feb to be revised upward.
5. Market is flat to down slightly from year end.

Shocking.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Eyeing some AVEO $2.5 calls for the 4/20 strike...
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
One of you two might be right. Or neither might be right in a sideways market.

That said, it takes that 2nd day follow through for confirmation and we have rocketed back each time. Therefore the channel is still in play and as long as the bottom holds there is sure a lot of room up channel that might make bulls say "see!" but it would simply be back to find new resistance or even retest high major resistance.
FriscoKid
AG

I was watching this on the 1 minute chart today. We kissed this S&P line multiple times before selling off.
leoj
AG
Trump ordering a possible additional $100 bil in tarifffs on top of the $50 bil. Seriously?
cgh1999
AG
leoj said:

Trump ordering a possible additional $100 bil in tarifffs on top of the $50 bil. Seriously?
Why is he trying to burn this down?!
Long Live Sully
AG
China announced tariff targets. Trump is showing he has more cards to play.
FriscoKid
AG
Trump>>>>>>Obama or Hillary,

But what a doofus on this one.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Just a bunch of flexing. I'd consider all of this decent buying opportunities, this one will bounce just like the one on Wednesday
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.