Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,025 Views | 224591 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by TX04Aggie
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag13 said:

Not sure if fake news, but, it's going around twitter that leap year/Feb 29th wasn't coded properly in the Robinhood system and that it caused it to break. Not sure why that would have taken all day to fixed (is it even fixed yet??).

Got to think RH is dead soon. Biggest on day point gain in history and they were totally offline. Nuts. Feel real bad for people that lost out on big sums over this.
Can't help but think of this...

Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter?
Peter Gibbons: Initech.
Joanna: In... yeah, what do you do there?
Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch.
Joanna: What's that?
Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
ProgN
PDEMDHC said:

Ag13 said:

Not sure if fake news, but, it's going around twitter that leap year/Feb 29th wasn't coded properly in the Robinhood system and that it caused it to break. Not sure why that would have taken all day to fixed (is it even fixed yet??).

Got to think RH is dead soon. Biggest on day point gain in history and they were totally offline. Nuts. Feel real bad for people that lost out on big sums over this.
Can't help but think of this...

Joanna: So, where do you work, Peter?
Peter Gibbons: Initech.
Joanna: In... yeah, what do you do there?
Peter Gibbons: I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch.
Joanna: What's that?
Peter Gibbons: Well see, they wrote all this bank software, and, uh, to save space, they used two digits instead of four. So, like, 98 instead of 1998? Uh, so I go through these thousands of lines of code and, uh... it doesn't really matter. I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.
khaos288
AG
Tumble Weed said:

khaos288 said:

Ag13 said:

Got to think RH is dead soon. Biggest on day point game in history and they were totally offline. Nuts. Feel real bad for people that lost out on big sums over this.
feb 29 fixes can take weeks to plan an implement in huge systems. Our corporation literally freezes changes in production during the week of.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's true and was unable to be fixed in time.
You serious Clark? What are yall on? An O/S390?

Nope. One of the most modern corporate infrastructures out there but very risk adverse. Google office suite. Aws server base. All that kind of stuff.
Hendrix
AG
anniston was a looker back in the 90s. Still is, but damn.
khaos288
AG
Betoisafurry
Ahaha wtf. RH is currently executing the limit sells I set up pre opening. Been trying all day to cancel them, still can't cancel any pending ones.
ProgN
RSP715 said:

anniston was a looker back in the 90s. Still is, but damn.

Still wood
IrishTxAggie
AG

jm94
AG
We recently re-watched all of Friends, and I probably spent a quarter of the series just staring at Jennifer.
Hendrix
AG
wife make you? looking at anniston would be the only reason for me to sit down and rewatch that crap.
ProgN
Quote:

What To Expect From AMD's Analyst Day
5:15 pm ET March 2, 2020 (Benzinga) Print
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMD) stock has pulled back roughly around 23% from the record high of $59.27 it hit Feb. 19 amid the market-wide COVID-19-related pullback.

Investors are likely to look ahead to the company's financial analyst day scheduled for Thursday for the stock's next catalyst.

Big Navi Rumors Swirl Around

AMD could shed more light on the long-rumored "Nvidia Killer" high-end graphics card, which was referred to as Big Navi by CEO Lisa Su at the CES 2020 in January.

AMD, which has a strong presence in the low- and mid-segments, is striving to break into the high-end, which so far has been the stronghold of rival NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ: NVDA).

Big Navi is likely to be pitched against Nvidia's high-end offerings such as RTX 2080, RTX 2080 Super and RTX 2080 Ti.

AMD Likely To Express Long-Term Confidence

AMD is likely to issue a confident view of its long-term prospects, especially around share gain opportunity, Morgan Stanley analyst Joseph Moore said in a note.

The analyst expects the company's long-term earnings framework to point to higher gross margin opportunities, but does not see the possibility of a precise EPS target.

Moore said the company could guide to a long-term gross margin of 52% and stable operating expenses as a percent of sales at 26% and zero interest expenses.

AMD could also give a qualitative sense market share, with the exception of servers, where it is targeting a return to 2006 levels of a low-to-mid 20s share, the analyst said.

"Our EW rating is a function of high valuation. But certainly the factors under AMD's control are going well, and we expect that to be clear from this meeting," according to Morgan Stanley.
Could be a good catalyst for AMD for Thursday.
YNWA_AG
AG
Added a bunch of shares at $43 on Friday. Hope so
Philip J Fry
AG
Ag13 said:

Android apps can be fixed immediately. iPhone apps take a few days for apples approval. Just fixing and testing the code is not something you can rush without major risk.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I feel like it's fixed. Trying to make sure the numbers are correct (Money Number's) but the current stock values are.

Still think a ton of people leave Robinhood and lawsuits occur.
khaos288
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Ag13 said:

Android apps can be fixed immediately. iPhone apps take a few days for apples approval. Just fixing and testing the code is not something you can rush without major risk.

Google playstore reviews still take at least 4 hours in my experience, and sometimes 12+ (hundreds of android version releases under the belt)
claym711
AG
I only have 1 other day where a long at open had <-0.50% drawdown and ended up >2%. Oct 5 2011

Market is in very rare territory
khaos288
AG
Wow I shouldn't have looked at my picks ah. I sold everything for a decent profit in my day trading account, but everything would be about 4x profit now.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

CNBC is about to address the RH situation on Fast Money after this commercial break.
What did they say?
They just said read what RH put out as a statement today, but one guy on FM basically said that RH could be bent over by regulators and today may have been fatal for the company.

If anyone is in RH still, I'd get out immediately. They will lose a big chunk of their accounts and you don't want to be one of the last ones. JMO.

Can you transfer over options just like shares? I have a tiny account, but have some longer exp lotto calls I want to hold.
ProgN
You should be able to but check with the firm you're transferring to.
leoj
AG
When I transferred to TD, they just can't transfer options expiring within either a week or two, I forget exactly which. Most likely within a week.
FriscoKid
AG
Something about cats bouncing....

J_Landes89
AG
May not help, but it's better than nothing.....

On the RH app you can go to "help, contact us" and select "3/2/20 outage" and send them an email related to your issues today..

I mentioned my options I wanted to sell but was unable to, with the exact amount it cost me..

Just passing this along in hopes it can help someone here.

I will be moving to TD Ameritrade shortly..
Premium
AG
Jizzle89 said:

May not help, but it's better than nothing.....

On the RH app you can go to "help, contact us" and selected "3/2/20 outage" and send them an email related to your issues today..

I mentioned my options I wanted to sell but was unable to, with the exact amount it cost me..

Just passing this along in hopes it can help someone here.

I will be moving to TD Ameritrade shortly..

So how much did it cost you?
J_Landes89
AG
If I have my ROTH IRA through Vanguard, but used for "trading" my Robinhood app, would you guys recommend I move all $$$$$ to TD Ameritrade??? Or leave Roth alone?

I only recently learned about the tax free benefits of trading in my roth account, which I plan on doing from here on...
J_Landes89
AG
$110. So, definitely nothing crippling praise the Lord, but still!
gougler08
AG
FriscoKid said:

Futures bright green again today...would be a hell of a bounce
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Pope Francis tests negative for coronavirus after catching cold: report

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-francis-tests-negative-for-coronavirus-after-catching-cold-report
tremble
AG
Part of me is happy all my savings/investments are automated every month and part of me wishes I had more powder on the sidelines with the crazy swings we've had this last week.
ProgN
Jizzle89 said:

If I have my ROTH IRA through Vanguard, but used for "trading" my Robinhood app, would you guys recommend I move all $$$$$ to TD Ameritrade??? Or leave Roth alone?

I only recently learned about the tax free benefits of trading in my roth account, which I plan on doing from here on...
Once you begin trading on a new platform like TDA, you'll end up bringing over the Vanguard account eventually. As your familiarity and comfort level with the new platform grows, you'll want them at the same place. That's my experience anyway.
ProgN
Well that's good, I wasn't confident in the original source and that's why I had a disclaimer in the OP on F16.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

FriscoKid said:

Futures bright green again today...would be a hell of a bounce

Lol or not
ProgN
Quote:

G7 statement says nations willing to take action to help economy but includes no concrete steps
Today 7:43 AM ET (MarketWatch)

The statement from G7 finance ministers and central bank governors indicates a willingness to use fiscal and monetary policy to fight the coronavirus impact on the economy but doesn't outline any specific steps. "Given the potential impacts of COVID-19 on global growth, we reaffirm our commitment to use all appropriate policy tools to achieve strong, sustainable growth and safeguard against downside risks. Alongside strengthening efforts to expand health services, G7 finance ministers are ready to take actions, including fiscal measures where appropriate, to aid in the response to the virus and support the economy during this phase. G7 central banks will continue to fulfill their mandates, thus supporting price stability and economic growth while maintaining the resilience of the financial system," said the statement posted on the U.S. Treasury website. U.S. stock futures were still higher but off their best levels of the day following the statement.
The market wanted them to name specifics.
Cromagnum
AG
Media aiming to tank the markets early I see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/live-updates/coronavirus-outbreak-death-toll-us-infections-latest-news-updates-2020-03-02/
leoj
AG
Yep
oldarmy1
AG
ROKU hasn't reacted as a stock going to run. I'd be an option spread trader on it because if we get more selling I can see it lose $100
First Page Last Page
Page 1044 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.