Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,107,235 Views | 224618 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

RH automatically sells options if you don't have the equity in the last hour. Not sure how it will work together given their glitches, but you shouldn't lose on them.
I wondered about that, but they were a lot higher, earlier in the day I thought.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Not if they expire out of the money right? My strike is 313
leoj
AG
leoj said:

Ranger222 said:

If you played the bounce to retest the 200 MA, you're about to be screwed big time by Robinhood. I think we will see end of day selling.
Going to pull the trigger much more quickly on profits, out completely if we somehow get to new daily highs.
Did I follow my own advice and get out once I hit a 40% gain? Nope. Took a 20% loss but at least I switched to the weekly 310 calls that made up for the losses.

Sticking to a plan and rules and staying on top of the mental part of trading is still the hardest part for me personally.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Not if they expire out of the money right? My strike is 313
The strike was for 3/2 313? If so, you wouldn't have gotten much for them anyways. You were still over four points OTM at the close. May have gotten .01-.05 at most at any point during the day.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Scratch that forgot I sold the 3/2. My position is all 3/6 expiration. 313 strike. Hopefully I still have value tomorrow even factoring in time decay but will need h the market to hold.
wessimo
AG
Stunning reversal after all of the bad coronavirus news this weekend and today.
Talon2DSO
AG
How much of this bump was thanks to massive QE?
IrishTxAggie
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Scratch that forgot I sold the 3/2. My position is all 3/6 expiration. 313 strike. Hopefully I still have value tomorrow even factoring in time decay but will need h the market to hold.
Assuming we don't have a large gap down, you're better off if your plan was to sell those 313s today. The S&P went up 90 points this last hour.
aggiedaniel06
AG
What an entertaining day! Made loads of money and the WSB meltdown due to the RH crash was pure gold.

Re Robinhood: What else can you expect from a company named after the Prince of Thieves!
HoustonAg2014
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I think we get an announcement over the weekend that is positive. Emergency rate cut, Biden wins SC, and vaccine found or numbers down and we shoot to Mars on Monday. I don't know why but I am feeling a lot better about this weekend than I felt last weekend.

Emergency rate cut...such a fake economy. Our country would have the economy of Greece if we didn't always have the fed and money printer to bail us out. No moral hazard at all in any of our legislative and economic policies.
I had a gut feeling about today. Got lucky on calling a good Monday and unlucky that I use Robinhood for my day trading and it was out of commission all damn day.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Ranger222
AG
My thinking is RH starts "working" after their 6pm ET AH trading closes. I can't imagine what is going to happen if it is not working by tomorrow. Rumors going around now that they've lost customer accounts and their back-up data has failed. If true....

Not sure we necessarily go higher from here. I could see us failing to get above the 27th gap down and that initiates another sell. We'll see.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
claym711
AG
Nearly 200 points off AH lows. A +6% move. Incredible
thirdcoast
AG
Lol, flipped on CNBC and have already heard the term "Biden Bounce" twice. SMH
OverSeas AG
AG
DON'T TREAD ON ME
leoj
AG
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

This was a reaction to a possible .50 basis points cut by the fed rumor. I'll trade it but I'm not sold that they'll do that much or if or not it's a good idea.
ProgN
CNBC is about to address the RH situation on Fast Money after this commercial break.
Hendrix
AG
Prognightmare said:

Talon2DSO said:

This was a reaction to a possible .50 basis points cut by the fed rumor. I'll trade it but I'm not sold that they'll do that much or if or not it's a good idea.
The fed's bullets have diminishing returns at this late stage. That much is obvious. It's like using a water pistol on a kitchen fire. Unfortunately, the market probably already expects and has priced in the cut. When it does hit the fan, we'll wish like hell we had some room and hadn't wasted bullets to prop up the longest modern expansion in history. When the fed is all out of ammo, or the ammo doesn't work that well anymore, we're all ****ED with a capital F.
BT1395
AG
Sounds like the late rally right before the bell was more about the G7 intent to intervene and throw more sugar onto the table to keep our sugar high going. Don't fight the Fed....
khaos288
AG
RSP715 said:

Prognightmare said:

Talon2DSO said:

The fed's bullets have diminishing returns at this late stage. That much is obvious. It's like using a water pistol on a kitchen fire. Unfortunately, the market probably already expects and has priced in the cut. When it does hit the fan, we'll wish like hell we had some room and hadn't wasted bullets to prop up the longest modern expansion in history. When the fed is all out of ammo, or the ammo doesn't work that well anymore, we're all ****ED with a capital F.
That's the scary part to me. At ATH we should have been adjusting the rate appropriately. I know the global rates were low, but we could have been adding to the magazine using the above example.
ProgN
Hence my post that I'll trade it.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

CNBC is about to address the RH situation on Fast Money after this commercial break.
What did they say?
ProgN
Don't think they've covered it yet, but I've been on the phone.
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

What did they say?
It's only been 13 minutes. Still in commercial break

something something, cilias, something something copper fit
Ag13
AG
Not sure if fake news, but, it's going around twitter that leap year/Feb 29th wasn't coded properly in the Robinhood system and that it caused it to break. Not sure why that would have taken all day to fixed (is it even fixed yet??).

Got to think RH is dead soon. Biggest on day point gain in history and they were totally offline. Nuts. Feel real bad for people that lost out on big sums over this.
ProgN
Coming up next
khaos288
AG
Ag13 said:

Not sure if fake news, but, it's going around twitter that leap year/Feb 29th wasn't coded properly in the Robinhood system and that it caused it to break. Not sure why that would have taken all day to fixed (is it even fixed yet??).

Got to think RH is dead soon. Biggest on day point game in history and they were totally offline. Nuts. Feel real bad for people that lost out on big sums over this.
feb 29 fixes can take weeks to plan an implement in huge systems. Our corporation literally freezes changes in production during the week of.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's true and was unable to be fixed in time.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

What did they say?
They just said read what RH put out as a statement today, but one guy on FM basically said that RH could be bent over by regulators and today may have been fatal for the company.

If anyone is in RH still, I'd get out immediately. They will lose a big chunk of their accounts and you don't want to be one of the last ones. JMO.
BQ2001
AG
T&Ps for my one share of FitBit I have in RH
ProgN
BQ2001 said:

T&Ps for my one share of FitBit I have in RH
Ranger222
AG
Ag13 said:

Got to think RH is dead soon. Biggest on day point gain in history and they were totally offline. Nuts. Feel real bad for people that lost out on big sums over this.

Amazing.
Tumble Weed
khaos288 said:

Ag13 said:

Got to think RH is dead soon. Biggest on day point game in history and they were totally offline. Nuts. Feel real bad for people that lost out on big sums over this.
feb 29 fixes can take weeks to plan an implement in huge systems. Our corporation literally freezes changes in production during the week of.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's true and was unable to be fixed in time.
You serious Clark? What are yall on? An O/S390?
First Page Last Page
Page 1043 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.