Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,423 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by sts7049
Ridge14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FriscoKid said:

After the past 4 days I really thought tomorrow would somehow be green. That was panic level brutal. I'm starting to doubt it though.

(I don't have any position right now BTW)
I've been getting into positions at the end of the day thinking the accelerated sell off near close is an overreaction and will result in a bounce tomorrow.

Clearly I'm consistently wrong. Oh well, will keep averaging down I suppose.
Post removed:
by user
GreasenUSA
AG
wessimo said:

There is a lot of risk going into this weekend. Markets will be down tomorrow.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar pop as today at the start of the day, and then another tapering off towards the end, but tough to say. Has the selling sentiment reached its peak yet, or not?
ProgN
S&P futures down 40+
HoustonAg2014
AG
I've never seen a push to dethrone a President as I am a millennial? I have seen people in the Democratic Party say "anyone but Trump." It's strange seeing a businessman as an exec in an oil company wanting Trump for business and his wife wanting anyone but Trump because they hate his face.

Not a humble brag by any means as they are my parents friends but an observation. You can have two people who have two different views.

Of course the one who makes the money is the conservative and the stay at home is the one who doesn't care.
claym711
AG
Bottom of the weekly bar is at nearly -14%. Financial crisis type move.
Talon2DSO
AG
Unless this trend reverses, Trump is going to have a tough time in November. I'm pretty critical of him (he's a NY liberal in my book) and his spending but this isnt at all on him.
59 South
AG
Futures got as low as a blip under 2880 overnight.
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

Unless this trend reverses, Trump is going to have a tough time in November. I'm pretty critical of him (he's a NY liberal in my book) and his spending but this isnt at all on him.

A correction was inevitable but like Irish said, this one happened early enough to play out before November. I voraciously read news and I've seen this being mentioned numerous times over the last 48 hours. I suspect we'll get a global effort this weekend or early next week to stabilize world markets. JMO
RangerRick9211
AG
I refinanced too early. 10 yr yield at 1.2%.
aginlakeway
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I'd still bet on Trump to win. All day.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Futures are wild. I'm seeing almost .5% swings going on.
claym711
AG
How much room is left in the QE bubble? IMO the big risk right now is a real recession due to constricted consumption.

Still a big IF, but if that happens what is the fall out for the debt load QE has created. Market is up around 100% from 2007/8 and GDP has grown around 35% in that time. Meanwhile debt has exploded by 150%. We had yield inversion a few months ago and Fed rate cuts and baby QE implemented at ATHs. That recipe doesn't smell good with a possible global consumption constriction happening.
59 South
AG
Setting up for a wild day. Could see us closing in the 2800s or 3100s. Place your bets... or just place both bets.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Bought some more SPY and XOM this morning
59 South
AG
2850-2870 has been a past critical area. I could see us drop down around there around -100 this morning and then snap back. We shall see. Lots of technicals have been tossed out with the empty whiskey bottles though so who really knows.
59 South
AG
Futures have now made multiple attempts to get back over 2950 and failed. That mark at open is something to watch.
Brewmaster
AG
IBIO - out of this world! coronavirus play, I wouldn't chase at this point though.
IrishTxAggie
AG
This one hasn't moved as much as others, but OMI could be a corona play for those of you that feel like gambling
Harkrider 93
AG
Here is why I dislike trying to guess which bio firm will win the race. This is barely getting reported, and if true, may win the race, but so could many others we aren't hearing about.

https://hamodia.com/2020/02/27/israeli-researchers-announce/

YERUSHALAYIM -
Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 5:04 am | ' "
A group of researchers in northern Israel said Thursday they had achieved a "scientific breakthrough" in treating coronavirus. At a press conference, researchers of the Migal Galilee Research Institute said that the breakthrough had come while they were doing research on coronavirus in birds.

The basic coronavirus in birds is very similar in patterns of infection and effect of the virus in humans, and the genetic structure of the virus in both humans and birds is very similar, the researchers said. As a result, the treatment developed for birds could be applicable to humans and they believed that an effective treatment could be developed for humans within three months, they said.

The solution we are developing against COVID-19 virus has proven effective, and we believe a version for human treatment can be ready within eight to 10 weeks. That would be followed by a 90-day test period to ensure safety.

McInnis 03
AG
@mtm_trader: C'mon guys it's really this easy...

Step 1: Buy coronavirus related stocks
Step 2: Retire

$TNXP $APT $AHPI $CODX
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
IrishTxAggie
AG
But they're not publicly traded...
Boat Shoes
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

Talon2DSO said:

I have a March 2 put

Oh then yes sell it if a deep red open. Difference between today and Monday premium portion is big.

But youd lose protection from negative developments over the weekend?
Sell tomorrow, then buy a lower put for 4th with the earnings

So I'm guessing we sell those $295 SPY March 2 puts at the open huh?
59 South
AG
Boat Shoes said:

EngrAg14 said:

Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

Talon2DSO said:

I have a March 2 put

Oh then yes sell it if a deep red open. Difference between today and Monday premium portion is big.

But youd lose protection from negative developments over the weekend?
Sell tomorrow, then buy a lower put for 4th with the earnings

So I'm guessing we sell those $295 SPY March 2 puts at the open huh?

I would sell most if not all. I have 2/28 so I'm selling them all.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought against those $295 SPY Puts down here $290. I hope we start low because I have $290 Puts I had tossed on and can ditch all of the others using these as no risk holding now. This includes selling the March Puts and then looking to re-enter at now lower needed spread. Markets are NOT going to win this hysterical battle!!!!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
59 South said:

I'll just keep playing spreads and taking the homerun which ever way.

I would be interested in hearing the details of what you are doing and what your thinking or strategy is with those. Possibly even on another thread. Are you picking selected stocks where you think the chance for volatility is higher than the IV based pricing on options? Are you doing this for indexes or other funds and knowing many days you won't payout but the big movement days you will make a lot of money? That would be an educational discussion for strategies to profit during (hopefully) short periods of high volatility.
oldarmy1
AG
Double check your systems on holdings. Mine is off on Put values. Example.....It shows my $301 Puts at $7.10 and obviously that should be closer to $11.

Just in case some of you are projecting sell price based on what it shows.
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Double check your systems on holdings. Mine is off on Put values. Example.....It shows my $301 Puts at $7.10 and obviously that should be closer to $11.

Your option values don't update prior to open, do they?
59 South
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

59 South said:

I'll just keep playing spreads and taking the homerun which ever way.

I would be interested in hearing the details of what you are doing and what your thinking or strategy is with those. Possibly even on another thread. Are you picking selected stocks where you think the chance for volatility is higher than the IV based pricing on options? Are you doing this for indexes or other funds and knowing many days you won't payout but the big movement days you will make a lot of money? That would be an educational discussion for strategies to profit during (hopefully) short periods of high volatility.

I'm just buying SPY calls/puts out a day or two. Watching technicals confirm and pulling the trigger. Sell a portion on big moves and buy the opposite back at lower premium. For example when 301 broke late yesterday I bought 295 puts for today. I'll sell those at open and then decide what to do from there based on price action. Just following the OA playbook except I don't have the capital to buy the underlying shares.
RangerRick9211
AG
$SPY at $289 $288 $287 now. Phew.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

No. you have to self calculate using the greeks
Boat Shoes
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

Is there a good explanation out there on how to do so?
59 South
AG
Options premiums are going to be through the roof. Anybody have a good idea what I should set my sell for for 295 puts expiring today? Maybe $8?
khaos288
AG
59 South said:

Options premiums are going to be through the roof. Anybody have a good idea what I should set my sell for for 295 puts expiring today? Maybe $8?

Wow I sold my 293s yesterday for a quick 100$ profit.
fightintxag13
AG
Boat Shoes said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Boat Shoes said:

oldarmy1 said:

Is there a good explanation out there on how to do so?
optionsprofitcalculator.com
First Page Last Page
Page 1029 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.