Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,855 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 54 min ago by bmoochie
chazman05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do you guys think of picking up some DAL puts? Thats Delta, they are one of the largest US airlines that service China and are currently on travel ban there. I could imagine them having a good earning call come april?

drill4oil78
AG
iluvpoker said:

Could tomorrow be a Black Friday that rivals the 1987 Black Monday?

The Friday before the Monday in '87 was not a good day. '87 was a different market that was way more extended than this market. It was going up exponentially and bullishness was higher. This market has been over bought in weekly charts for weeks. It is starting to get oversold on daily charts but can get more oversold. Monthly charts look fine. That was not the case in '87. Monthly, weekly, and daily were overbought in '87 just like they were in Oct 2018.
claym711
AG
October 2018? Maybe you mean Feb 2018. October drop was sparked by QT and Fed guidance that there was more to come.
McInnis 03
AG
Futures bounced off 2957, but not much
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gig em 02
NRD09 said:

59 South said:

Since we all love the numbers game...

SPX high was 3393.52 ages ago (last Wednesday).
20% correction is about 2715 which is right at that 2718 gap.
30% drop which is a fairly average recession is 2375. Could we see 2350 again just like Christmas 2018?

Just some key levels to watch in the coming months now that all hell has broken loose. In the meantime, I'm trading the volatility with options.

okay this keeps gnawing at me...
I think (want to believe) we're gonna recover bigly like Tuesday at the latest
however
I think there's a small chance we don't and we careen into that 20-30% correction territory (particularly considering a post earlier today were someone asked if they should sell everything and wait until things settle out!), and if we do I think it'll happen quickly. So what's a good couple hundred buck bet that will make me rich if that happens?

Oh and I'm traveling all day tomorrow so I gotta place the order tonight and hope it fills tomorrow.

Thinking spy Mar 4 275p for $200 and see if it fills? Or Mar 6 270p? If we gap up or get a promising start to the day tomorrow those should fill?

If Bernie wins Tuesday then look out below
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Futures bounced off 2957, but not much
It would be better to open down big and close up on the day, imo
gig em 02
You think people are going to buy into the weekend?
ProgN
People no, but institutional buying would be a possibility. A gap down opening only to rally hard and close positive would be a great sign for the market. We almost had it today until that bull**** story of "monitoring" 8400 people in California for coronavirus came out.
gig em 02
I don't know how fund reallocation works but if you are only allowed to hold X% of certain stock you've got to make some moves somewhere right?
ProgN

This can't be a positive right now for the markets.
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/faizmc/10k_to_80k_in_a_week_off_just_spy_puts/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Brewmaster
AG
they're buying puts and calls to protect the boat load of shares they have (and make $ in the process) -- for example, today on SNSS July $2 calls blew up. The stock has dipped a bit with the market, so perfect time to get cheap calls. I already had some so am happy they bumped the volume!
leoj
AG
Chef Elko
AG
All of this because some clowns wanted to eat bat soup. Wellllll F.
ProgN
Danwell Home said:

All of this because some clowns wanted to eat bat soup. Wellllll F.
Not likely, this was a bioweapon that "escaped" from a lvl 4 lab in Wuhan. What better way to eliminate dissidents that have been protesting.
59 South
AG
Futures tanking. At this rate we could open in the 2800s
GreasenUSA
AG
khaos288
AG
GreasenUSA said:

59 South said:

Futures tanking. At this rate we could open in the 2800s
Futures are close to even.

Where you seeing that? CNN has everything down. 15 points for s&p
GreasenUSA
AG
Just realized my data was behind. We went from green to red in the last 20 minutes or so.
IrishTxAggie
AG
****ing Syrians...
59 South
AG
Yea 9:32 was a V bottom at 2924.
khaos288
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Just realized my data was behind. We went from green to red in the last 20 minutes or so.

Dang it. I was hoping mine was wrong
Post removed:
by user
59 South
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Some of you don't know how to read futures. S&P closed at 2979 which closed at 3. Futures close at 4 and dropped further to close at 2957 which is down 0.7% from the S&P close. They are now at 2936 which is 1.4% down from S&P close. Futures can be up but still down from the 3 close if they tank in the last hour like they did today.

This. It's like they make it confusing for the average Joe on purpose
GreasenUSA
AG
https://edition.cnn.com/business/markets/premarkets

Just reporting from the CNN page.
59 South
AG
Looks like today's SPX volume was highest since 12/21/18. Gotta think we will yo-yo back up a couple hundred points in the next 2-3 days. BUT total BSC irrational panic seems to have set in so who knows. I'll just keep playing spreads and taking the homerun which ever way.
GreasenUSA
AG
And it's pretty moot until tomorrow morning anyway.
Post removed:
by user
Ridge14
So is the implied open the more relevant number to look at?

https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/
GreasenUSA
AG
Well, I'm confused. I know the futures market halts for 15 minutes shortly after the market closes, but ES is trading right now.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
After the past 4 days I really thought tomorrow would somehow be green. That was panic level brutal. I'm starting to doubt it though.

(I don't have any position right now BTW)
Post removed:
by user
GreasenUSA
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Well, I'm confused. I know the futures market halts for 15 minutes shortly after the market closes, but ES is trading right now.

ES is halted from 3:15 to 3:30 each day and closes at 4 for 1 hour. It reopens at 5 PM.
Yes.
wessimo
AG
There is a lot of risk going into this weekend. Markets will be down tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 1028 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.