Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,375 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by jagvocate
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
debunked
E
AG
This has to be staged right?
McInnis 03
AG
What'd we miss
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
I'd love to join some of you in SDC, but after that last falling knife, I gotta pass. That gave me OSTK flashbacks, a lot of $ on the side of ALGN unfortunately. Maybe the tide will change eventually.

I did scoop some BTAI and will add more tomorrrow if it dips more (HP has 26.50 as bottom).
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
and a beat for OAS...

options question:
I decided to buy OAS at 1.78 and sell $2 3/20 calls on them as my first venture into selling covered calls. I figured I'd be happy to make 32c/share if it was a good earnings and they got exercised, and if it was a bad earnings I'd buy them back for a nickel. What I didn't think about was the 3/20 expiration date. What is the chance of getting assigned early if those calls go in the money? My only other option of getting out early is to buy the calls back, right? Using RH, if it matters.

thanks in advance
IrishTxAggie
AG
You could get assigned early. It happens.

Yes, buy the calls back
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
muchas gracias
Brewmaster
AG
I've been hosed the majority of the time I've played DIS, but I suppose if you can scoop the bottom, maybe it's different this time...

I see a gap back at 127 (it's almost there now)
fib levels are: 126 and 121.50.
I also see a gap back to 107, kind of doubt it drops that far - will probably depend on the markets over the next week.
oldarmy1
AG
Overheard a serious discussion going on about .... wait for it .... Bubble-wrap.

Appears that one guy was adamant that popping the bubbles would be dangerous because the bubble wrap is filled with Chinese air.

And there we have 1800 point decline.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Overheard a serious discussion going on about .... wait for it .... Bubble-wrap.

Appears that one guy was adamant that popping the bubbles would be dangerous because the bubble wrap is filled with Chinese air.

This is why an IQ tests should be required to procreate.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

A regular at the bar near my house told me the exact thing last Friday.

This was me.

fightintxag13
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

A regular at the bar near my house told me the exact thing last Friday.

This was me.

You guys are getting old news...that was already a meme two weeks ago.
ProgN
Don't doubt that but this guy was serious.
12thMan86
AG
Hope your trading is going well everyone. . Acct up 51% last 2 days. Have stops above resistance levels. Keep tanking to 3050 and have those put credit spreads and calls ready to rip. I think we bounce next week a bit, then possibly fail again.
claym711
AG
Should get a bounce soon. Last 2 days were quite extreme. Usually doesn't happen so fast. Range tomorrow should be huge.
Brewmaster
AG
https://www.eturbonews.com/542533/coronavirus-risk-for-asians-africans-caucasians-revealed/

this is just a prelim study, but intersting nonetheless.. It assigns risk of contracting coronavirus based on ethnic groups. Southern Chinese and Japanese are highest risk, European (myself and other white folk) and African American were lowest risk. The basis is partly on the genotype of asians (they have more of a specific type of receptor cell than most other groups).

Northern Italy has an outbreak of it now though, 200 cases and 7 so far dead.
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, sounds like an opportunity - bring bubble wrap to the bar next time!
spud1910
AG
Anybody using the RH cash management? I got notified that I was eligible today.
McInnis 03
AG
S&p futures just recently bounced off 3091
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
La Bamba
AG
La Bamba said:

APT, LAKE, MRNA are all names to keep in mind if we get another corona frenzy type day tomorrow
All gapping up this morning
oldarmy1
AG
Futures +3 and all over the place as people play the "you go first" game.

Flush this hysteria to fill the 3105 gap and make buying decisions easy.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Hell, go for 3048 and give us the full 10% from ATH for the correction.
La Bamba
AG
I'm seeing S&P key levels 1: 200 DMA at 3044 and 2: 2850 - 2950 (October 19 breakout). I ain't trusting this dead cat bounce of today.
IrishTxAggie
AG
La Bamba said:

I'm seeing S&P key levels 1: 200 DMA at 3044 and 2: 2850 - 2950 (October 19 breakout). I ain't trusting this dead cat bounce of today.

This bounce might give people a chance to get out of some positions with less road rash. If you hold overnight, hedge. I'm still not concerned about coronavirus personally, but obviously markets are scared as ***** My plants are open in the mainland and my admin office is open in HK.

kylewhitener
oldarmy1 said:

Do you mean the 3094.97 gap?
oldarmy1
AG
Trump to speak on Corona Virus at 6pm. Will be calming as much as angry at the pathetic public announcement handling by CDC officials.

Likely a catalyst for bounce today into tomorrow. If things turn south then I look for today as entry day. Otherwise small options on weeklies for quick gains.
oldarmy1
AG
kylewhitener said:

oldarmy1 said:

Do you mean the 3094.97 gap?

Yes.
AgsnFly
AG
Curious, is your HK office fully staffed now and if so, how many people?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm seeing the same thing. Coworker just got back from China and only primarily talked about how dead things were there due to self quarantine.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AgsnFly said:

Curious, is your HK office fully staffed now and if so, how many people?
It's a small admin office in Sheung Wan. We only have 12 people in it. 9 are at the office and 3 are working from home because they have their parent(s) living with them, which we are fine with because this thing seems to be worse for the olds......like the flu.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Trump to speak on Corona Virus at 6pm. Will be calming as much as angry at the pathetic public announcement handling by CDC officials.

Likely a catalyst for bounce today into tomorrow. If things turn south then I look for today as entry day. Otherwise small options on weeklies for quick gains.

That CDC official that spooked the markets yesterday is Rod Rosenstein's sister.
Bird Poo
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

That CDC official that spooked the markets yesterday is Rod Rosenstein's sister.

WTF!?!?
mrad85
AG
I heard on W&J this morning that the announcement that she gave was not sanctioned by the CDC, she went ROGUE
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

Wow just wow. The announcement seemed unnecessary and at the very least poorly worded. But that is some bull. Fire her too.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Prognightmare said:

oldarmy1 said:

Wow just wow. The announcement seemed unnecessary and at the very least poorly worded. But that is some bull. Fire her too.
It was completely counter to what Azar has been saying.
First Page Last Page
Page 1015 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.