Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,516,802 Views | 223268 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Aston04
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes
AgShaun00
AG
XOM looks to be at a 5 yr low. Thoughts on this stock
jbeck3487
AG
SNSS pushing close to .90
McInnis 03
AG
AgShaun00 said:

XOM looks to be at a 5 yr low. Thoughts on this stock
It's been burning me every time I play it. Look at the long term trend, and either sit it out or don't fight it.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
CX with a reversal bullish engulfing forming. Close 3.82+ would be a good sign for it to get at least back to 4.00 soon.
Barty Dont Hedge
If anyone wants to put in a Put on a stock just let me know and I will put in a Call for it. You will have 100% success rate!
HoustonAg_2009
All - Is it time to dabble in some cruise liner stocks for mid-term holds? Royal, Carnival? Norwegian? Seem to have steady dividends and at their virus lows today.
leoj
AG
Hoo boy, h patterns everywhere
ProgN
Brewmaster
AG
OA must be doing real work today, curious his thoughts on the market
McInnis 03
AG
Dan seems to think the SPY is on the verge of collapse.....
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gougler08
AG
If we're red on Monday, I'm going to a lot more cash next week
Tumble Weed
Great day for buying, picked up more AAPL. Buying the dip.
Aggie_2463
AG
CVET killing me
aggiedaniel06
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

All - Is it time to dabble in some cruise liner stocks for mid-term holds? Royal, Carnival? Norwegian? Seem to have steady dividends and at their virus lows today.
Since the Coronavirus issue started I've made half my annual salary in RCL puts.

My inputs are specifically on RCL - If you're planning to take a long position wait until Monday, if it has a major bounce with solid volume today was the bottom; if not this puppy is going to $100.

My opinion is that the CV will have caused a disastorous Q1 for the Cruise Liners. Hence, buy them after they report Q1 results. If I were going long RCL, $90 would be my entry point.
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

OA must be doing real work today, curious his thoughts on the market

its beautiful out today. I'd bet money that he's fishing
moses1084ever
AG
Bought CCL puts and puts on April crude. Think of the number of retirees who go cruising, coincidentally they're also the highest risk population. You'd have to be insane to board a cruise for at least the next 3-6 months.

China has been shut down a few weeks. Hubei not opening till March 10th. I think this weekend will mark a turning point with CV with infections skyrocketing in Japan and South Korea. International trade is going to hit the brakes.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What's the saying...analysts predicted 8 of the last 2 recessions?

FTR made their February debt payments, which it seems may be a solid indicator that they are not planning on filing bankruptcy? Been climbing slowly but steadily since then. August $1 calls are 8c, I bought a few to replace the ones I have expring today
dlp3719
AG
For those looking for dividends, AMLP sitting at 52 week lows (likely due to oil prices).

If they do not cut the dividend, it's a great yield
GreasenUSA
AG
NRD09 said:

What's the saying...analysts predicted 8 of the last 2 recessions?

FTR made their February debt payments, which it seems may be a solid indicator that they are not planning on filing bankruptcy? Been climbing slowly but steadily since then. August $1 calls are 8c, I bought a few to replace the ones I have expring today
I made a good trade catching a falling knife on FTR at the start of 2019, but haven't paid much attention since. Do I see a first goal post volume back on December 20, or was that negated by the subsequent run up to a buck?
oldarmy1
AG
What did you guys do to the markets?' I can't leave for two seconds.

SPXS, SPY Puts, GILD, DBX only bright spots and I turned over most of those gainers. I re-entered $332 SPY puts for Monday in case we have no bottom support made.

These events are always made to look/feel like the end of the world, so have to wait for more info.
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

What did you guys do to the markets?' I can't leave for two seconds.

SPXS, SPY Puts, GILD, DBX only bright spots and I turned over most of those gainers. I re-entered $332 SPY puts for Monday in case we have no bottom support made.

These events are always made to look/feel like the end of the world, so have to wait for more info.
I grabbed some $327 SPY puts for Friday, Feb 28th for a similar price point in case this is the start of something bigger. I guess closer to the money Monday puts could have been more effective to capture any negative events of the weekend.

ProgN
You catch any fish?
ProgN

If remotely true, this is not good news.
Brewmaster
AG
They've been covering up debts for years and over built, just my 2 cents.
E
AG
People in that twitter thread are saying it's a police station and not a bank they are protesting in front of
Brewmaster
AG
are any of you local (B/CS) and skilled in IT? even somewhat... I've ditched the suddenlink $10 month modem and finally bought my own, plus a router. I can't get more than 1 connection at a time to work. Maybe I should post this in the nerdery!

happy to trade either beer or landscape design ideas - Landscape Architect pays the bills.
docaggie
AG
I loaded up on AMZN puts after the first big dip then watching nervously the rest of the day until it finally sank nearer the end and I could exit for profit. Offset my losses on other calls that have flushed the last two days.

Entered into WMT calls for next week. It was the bright spot of green in my sea of red on the watchlist.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
That's good, I didn't look too deep into it.
ProgN
Watch GILD. The strength on good volume today wasn't a one off imo. March $80 call block occurred today as well. Could be nothing but some large wagers are being placed that something is coming out.
moses1084ever
AG
Is everyone here predominately trading front month options?
AgsnFly
AG
leoj said:

AgsnFly said:

BREwmaster said:

bought some NVDA on the dip! won't be this cheap for long.

Was long 4k shares at $19.50 cost basis. Sold 1500 back in 2018 in the $250 area and then painfully stopped out another couple two thousand shares under $200 in 2019. Sold 500 shares above $300 yesterday. Was a good trade but made many mistakes. Glad I am out.

I mean....that's not bad at all lol.

You good with being all out with the potential growth still ahead?

It's all relative. As a professional commodities trader I might have different ideas of success and expect a more professional trade plan approach than I am guilty of executing in my equity "hobby" trading.
On nvda, I am not sure. Some of my most regrettable equity trades have been taking profits after $200-300/share gains only to watch a 2-3x move later - truly haunting for me.
For my psych health, I kind of hope I got out of nvda at the right time. But I I wish you all the success in your trades.
Brewmaster
AG
Lol, as luck would have it, I had to bail on nvda (shares) Friday. Glad I did, it didn't like the s&p dip. FSLY on the other hand held up well
oldarmy1
AG
The volume is always a concern coming at tops. Just as they are a joy for spotting bottoms. Note the last volume matching Friday was when the markets hit the lows from correction that sent us on this ride. A lot of stocks are at most recent major support.

ROKU is just below last recent support, so I think we can watch it closely to see if we have a big down opening that reverses and sends stocks back above the major support. If it (they) doesn't then it's likely a decent ride lower. And even if we do drop down and pop back above on major supports that doesn't mean we're in the clear.

It will take some confirmation. If we are deep red Monday it's a high risk/reward to buy looking for that retrace. If it doesn't then expect a lot of h pattern misery.

ROKU chart as noted. I am convinced ROKU would have reversed Thursday but it failed, of course, due to the mass selloff. I placed the same falling wedge showing the exact same post earnings big volume drop. Note the mirror large volume day and then as it continued falling back volume selling dried up as it prepared to launch.

This makes ROKU my top trade pick for this coming week IF this turns out to be a bottoms up start to the week. That $115 area I circled is major support (not major trend support but major market support levels for ROKU. That gets busted look out below.

HoustonAg2014
AG
How far below are we talking?

I like this company a lot. Just trying to figure out if it's worth the heart burn.
First Page Last Page
Page 1003 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.