Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,310,371 Views | 28744 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by K_P
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
discussed on page 771 of this thread. A mgmt. ****show and bad business model and structure seems to be the consensus.
Comeby!
AG
What the story at Aethon? Several execs were sent to the house recently.
MAROON
AG
Sent to the house? Does that mean fired?
Cyp0111
Maybe they should stop drilling $22MM wells into a low gas price environment.
Comeby!
AG
The CEO is still there. I'm assuming his reports didn't make that final call.
Cyp0111
Aethon is tricky.
MAROON
AG
DripAG08
AG
Low gas? Speak for yourself man….

We hit $3.00 spot this week!
V8Aggie
AG
PDC acquisition by Chevron approved by shareholders.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
AustinAg008 said:

just last week I was showing my new boss a demo of an analysis I worked up a while back and when I was running through the model I came across where I had run with a $5 gas price and got a little sad
DripAG08
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

AustinAg008 said:

just last week I was showing my new boss a demo of an analysis I worked up a while back and when I was running through the model I came across where I had run with a $5 gas price and got a little sad

RIP. Times were awesome when we saw $6.50 realized HSC pricing.

Now we're lucky to get $1.75….
topher06
Are you Marcellus or something? Wonder if the common people in America realize how cheap energy really could be if the media hadn't convinced the nation that any pipeline would literally end the world as we know it.
Furlock Bones
AG
topher06 said:

Are you Marcellus or something? Wonder if the common people in America realize how cheap energy really could be if the media hadn't convinced the nation that any pipeline would literally end the world as we know it.
right. certainly can't be anywhere close to Texas. Permian oil producers are price takers on gas. keeps a lid on prices.
topher06
Permian isn't ideal, but I'm seeing that yesterday's Waha deducts were about $0.60 for CY24 and CY25, so the all-in should be above $2. Only Marcellus (I think?) would be below $2.
Cyp0111
given the permian is turning into a gas play in the fringe...
Cyp0111
starting to see a lot of weird distress pop up, more liquidity/current ratio than leverage but one always comes before the other.
birdman
SilverBow just bought the remaining Chesapeake interest in EagleFord.
rak1693
AG
Silverbow is a name I haven't heard in a long while. Glad to hear they made it through and are in a position to do this
techno-ag
AG
rak1693 said:

Silverbow is a name I haven't heard in a long while. Glad to hear they made it through and are in a position to do this

Furlock Bones
AG
did i miss MXP operating on the thread? filed ch 11 on Friday.
Furlock Bones
AG
https://apnews.com/article/climate-change-youth-montana-trial-c7fdc1d8759f55f60346b31c73397db0

Quote:

HELENA, Mont. (AP) Young environmental activists scored what experts described as a ground-breaking legal victory Monday when a Montana judge said state agencies were violating their constitutional right to a clean and healthful environment by allowing fossil fuel development.
The ruling in this first-of-its- kind trial in the U.S. adds to a small number of legal decisions around the world that have established a government duty to protect citizens from climate change.
If it stands, the ruling could set an important legal precedent, though experts said the immediate impacts are limited and state officials pledged to seek to overturn the decision on appeal.
District Court Judge Kathy Seeley found the policy the state uses in evaluating requests for fossil fuel permits which does not allow agencies to look at greenhouse gas emissions is unconstitutional.
AgLA06
AG
Furlock Bones said:

https://apnews.com/article/climate-change-youth-montana-trial-c7fdc1d8759f55f60346b31c73397db0

Quote:

HELENA, Mont. (AP) Young environmental activists scored what experts described as a ground-breaking legal victory Monday when a Montana judge said state agencies were violating their constitutional right to a clean and healthful environment by allowing fossil fuel development.
The ruling in this first-of-its- kind trial in the U.S. adds to a small number of legal decisions around the world that have established a government duty to protect citizens from climate change.
If it stands, the ruling could set an important legal precedent, though experts said the immediate impacts are limited and state officials pledged to seek to overturn the decision on appeal.
District Court Judge Kathy Seeley found the policy the state uses in evaluating requests for fossil fuel permits which does not allow agencies to look at greenhouse gas emissions is unconstitutional.

All I read was "local activist judge wastes everyone's time and money so a higher court can apply the law".
Furlock Bones
AG
AgLA06 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Quote:

All I read was "local activist judge wastes everyone's time and money so a higher court can apply the law".
there is a group backing all of these local lawsuits. they are starting to amass a pretty good war chest. they've been involved in lawsuits all across the US and several around the world.
Comeby!
AG
They'll just make oil and gas prices rise, be my guest.
AgLA06
AG
Furlock Bones said:

AgLA06 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Quote:

there is a group backing all of these local lawsuits. they are starting to amass a pretty good war chest. they've been involved in lawsuits all across the US and several around the world.
Hopefully it goes the way of Engine No1.
planoaggie123
AG
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230816214795/en/Energy-Transfer-to-Acquire-Crestwood-in-a-7.1-Billion-All-Equity-Transaction
Furlock Bones
AG
Coming here to post this. That's a big one.
BCG Disciple
AG
A little annoyed that there is no premium and it's all stock.
planoaggie123
AG
BCG Disciple said:

I was a bit surprised....reviewing slides and listening to the call currently....thankfully was a slower day for me so I can take the time...
AgLA06
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Definetly interesting.
RIZZY
AG
Identity crisis - is acquiring and running an 50MM+ operated or non-operated asset too big of a pipe dream before turning 30? let's just say I'm four years out. PE + RBL
TxAg20
AG
RIZZY said:

Identity crisis - is acquiring and running an 50MM+ operated or non-operated asset too big of a pipe dream before turning 30? let's just say I'm four years out. PE + RBL

I don't think so. My former business partner and I were 22 and 23, respectively, when we started our E&P co. We did a lot more exploration than pdp acquisitions and PE wasn't near as prevalent when we started.

Like planting a tree, the best time to go out on your own is several years ago, the second best time is now.

I never cared for PE, and the tiny bit I took on was as a non-op governed by a JOA. Get ready for the clown show if you're seeking PE. There are a few good shops out there, but most of them will be a waste of time.
RIZZY
AG
Thanks for the response TxAg - did you have issues with the money people biasing your age into what you could actually accomplish when starting out?
ThreeFive
AG
RIZZY said:

Can it be done? Yes. But why not continue to learn while earning a (relatively) stable income. It's a small industry and you can't fail too many times without damaging your reputation.

The quality of learning from 0-5 to 5-15 yrs experience is significant. Especially when it comes to the nuances of managing an E&P business.
Cyp0111
Rizzy, happy to help if you want any advice. I've dealt with most the PE groups and lenders out there. I do not think 30 is too young as long as the experience is there.

Seems like getting a PE check that size right now is the difficult part.
First Page Last Page
Page 776 of 822

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.