Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,014,982 Views | 28275 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by nu awlins ag
birdman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Without Guyana, Chevron walks away from the deal. That's the only Hess asset they are interested in. Hess will have to pay Chevron $1.5 billion as well.

Chevron might take their $50 billion and buy Oxy. Then Exxon can carry the Chinese and fight off Venezuela by themselves.
aggiesundevil4
AG
That's a funny way to put it. Chevron has been last man standing in Vz for a while now. And they are investing in it again.
halfastros81
AG
Not so sure how smart that really is. Vz will only let them stay until they calculate it no longer benefits them and then kick them to the curb. Short sightedness is the commie way. They will think they can operate it themselves and they will be proven wrong and the cycle will repeat.
tremble
AG
Not sure that makes any sense with the sanctions about to be flipped back on as Maduro has essentially reneged on every requirement imposed by the USG.
Furlock Bones
AG
crude up this morning.
Furlock Bones
AG
anyone hearing something on PBF Energy? lots of share movement on the stock.
Petrino1
Tellurian CEO resigned and looks like they're exploring potentially selling the company. What a mess that company has been since they were founded. I wonder how much of investor's money they've lost overall.

https://boereport.com/2024/03/18/lng-developer-tellurian-to-explore-sale-among-other-options-ceo-steps-down/
jetch17
AG
Talos selling carbon capture unit to Total
MAROON
AG
If they have all the necessary approval to build Driftwood you would think that would be valuable, especially since Biden has now stopped approving new permits. But I obviously don't know the economics of an LNG plant.

At this point they seem headed for BK
Cyp0111
Jerry had to invest $100MM into comstock to avoid tripping a covenant/BB deficiency ?

But more $30MM natty wells, now.
Comstock needs to be purchased for debt value and folded into CHK.
Bibendum 86
AG
MAROON said:

If they have all the necessary approval to build Driftwood you would think that would be valuable, especially since Biden has now stopped approving new permits. But I obviously don't know the economics of an LNG plant.

Having dealt with both Charif Souki and Martin Houston earlier in my career, I just wish there had been a way to short high-dollar strippers and over leveraged real estate back then.
Bibendum 86
AG
MAROON said:

Note that Williams looked hard at buying Tellurian and passed. The only investors that pay more than Williams for flashy assets are the Japanese houses.
JbKing45
Bibendum 86 said:

MAROON said:

Note that Williams looked hard at buying Tellurian and passed. The only investors that pay more than Williams for flashy assets are the Japanese houses.

That does not surprise me with them pretty heavily invested in the Haynesville. It's going to get pretty rough up there in that neck of the woods too.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Quote:

Having dealt with both Charif Souki and Martin Houston earlier in my career, I just wish there had been a way to short high-dollar strippers and over leveraged real estate back then.
About a dozen years ago, I had some interaction with Martin Houston at BG Group (I worked there briefly).

Something always struck me as odd about him and those that circled him.

I'm guessing he's not the real estate player you're mentioning (though I could be wrong) as I understood that he "lived" at Hotel Granduca. He never struck me as one interested in strippers though - quite the opposite really.
topher06
Balancing agreements and negative Waha basis should be fun one day.
cajunaggie08
AG
SLB buys ChampionX

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/slb-buy-championx-77-bln-all-stock-deal-2024-04-02/
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Does anyone have a contact in the Texas A&M Subsea Engineering Department?
nancydeedavis
Chevron's ETX Haynesville acreage for sale. Any insight into who is buying it and does it actually transact?
Comeby!
AG
On that note, outside of a reserves run, is there any cash flow multiple or per flowing that is acceptable in todays gas price environment?
one MEEN Ag
AG
Comeby! said:

On that note, outside of a reserves run, is there any cash flow multiple or per flowing that is acceptable in todays gas price environment?
300 MCF/day*$0.00/MMBtu*5years= $0 Net present value roll up for gas only wells.

Scale the well's gas production according to your needs. There's a couple conversion factors missing, but the fine folks at henry hub will help you with the math.
Comeby!
AG
Exactly.
birdman
Comstock, this board's punching bag picked up a bunch of acreage from Hilcorp.
nosoupforyou
AG
birdman said:

Nice find - no updates out that I have seen

Wells too or just acreage?

Wonder what Hilcorp will do with the money?!
one MEEN Ag
AG
Comstock alone could open their taps and oversaturate whatever new LNG plant on the gulf coast opens up within 48 hours of the plant coming online. Forget the rest of the players.

I never understood pure natural gas play thesis. Its nearly infinite as a source.
MAROON
AG
nosoupforyou said:

birdman said:

Nice find - no updates out that I have seen

Wells too or just acreage?

Wonder what Hilcorp will do with the money?!
Probably some nice bonuses or cars for all employees
ThreeFive
AG
Via what pipeline?
Boat Shoes
AG
birdman said:

Where?
MAROON
AG
birdman said:

Where are you seeing this and how much did they pay?

they just had to have Jerry inject $100mil more equity and issue $400mil in new bonds to pay down their revolver before they had a covenant issue.
gigem1223
Comstock acquired the rights to the Lower Bossier/Haynesville interval owned by Hilcorp (formerly XTO) located in Robertson, Limestone, Leon, and Freestone Counties. Just bolts on to their existing Western Haynesville asset.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Anyone here have any connections ConocoPhillips, specifically with their Permian Basin group? There's a completions role that I'm interested in and would appreciate the help get my info pass the HR blackhole.

nu awlins ag
AG
jaggiemaggie said:

Anyone here have any connections ConocoPhillips, specifically with their Permian Basin group? There's a completions role that I'm interested in and would appreciate the help get my info pass the HR blackhole.

You live there now? I know quite a few engineers with CoP.
First Page Refresh
Page 808 of 808

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.