Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,032,045 Views | 28304 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Cyp0111
MavsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nosoupforyou said:

Owen Kellogg said:

jetch17 said:

Sounds like Endeavor/Diamondback merger is moving forward full steam ahead. Expected to close in next 30 days.
Makes sense. EER is private which makes it easier. And FANG is almost perpetually integrating other companies.

Curious if anyone has heard about PXD to XOM. Latest timing on that? Any risk to it?

Hearing May 3 close on PXD to XOM
Hearing that too. Although, I just got an RFQ from Pioneer today.
jetch17
AG
yep ive heard the same over the last few days.

Crownquest to OXY still sounds like its held up for now pending FTC stuff.
mts6175
AG
Heard today there may be litigation.
Owen Kellogg
AG
mts6175 said:

On which deal?
techno-ag
AG
Wonder if Israel's actions against Iran might move the needle higher on prices.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Seems very likely
Owen Kellogg
AG
The market has built in Middle East uncertainty. Peace would have a bigger (negative) impact than war.
Maverick06
AG
I assume XOM/PXD. I've heard mixed opinions on whether it gets litigated.
mts6175
AG
Owen Kellogg said:

mts6175 said:

On which deal?

PXD
MavsAg
AG
Is there a logical reason why Oxy/CrownQuest would get looked at harder than FANG/Endeavor or Exxon/PXD? Seems to me if the CQ deal is getting looked at the others would have to be looked at as well.
BiochemAg97
AG
MavsAg said:

Is there a logical reason why Oxy/CrownQuest would get looked at harder than FANG/Endeavor or Exxon/PXD? Seems to me if the CQ deal is getting looked at the others would have to be looked at as well.

Biden Admin seems to be concerned with showing they are against corporate mergers. However, they have been somewhat inconsistent in picking fights. Stopping Exxon from getting bigger would be a normal antitrust response. But the Biden admins history in the space suggests another selection process that isn't just looking at the biggest players. For example, their opposition to Jet Blue (5th or 6th largest airline) has been inconsistent with past practices. Makes you wonder what the selection criteria is.
PeekingDuck
AG
Environmental justice and/or underserved communities. That's why Jetblue was hit, because it created a merger between two low fare airlines. Adversely impacted a certain segment of the community, but not the airline industry as a whole. It is the entire narrative in DC right now on policy and DOJ activity.
Owen Kellogg
AG
A few years ago XCL Resources tried to buy EP Energy in the Uinta. The government stoped it because they said it would lead to higher prices for Utah consumers. Which is insane.
nosoupforyou
AG
Speaking of.. when will XCL get gobbled up?
And Grayson Mill too…
Comeby!
AG
I was ok with that.
PeekingDuck
AG
Owen Kellogg said:

A few years ago XCL Resources tried to buy EP Energy in the Uinta. The government stoped it because they said it would lead to higher prices for Utah consumers. Which is insane.
In that case, it's likely true because there are only a few producers out there and we were never able to get rail off the ground to move that waxy crude. Probably driven entirely by the relationship with the Utes.
txaggie_08
AG
Anyone have insight on the pending transactions - CHK/SWN, PXD/XOM, FANG/EER?

Heard some smoke that certain Congressmen were asking the FTC to block the PXD/XOM deal. That gonna happen? FANG's 30 day window for FTC approval is closing in about 5 days.
jetch17
AG
FANG/EER will close in may
one MEEN Ag
AG
XOM employees were told when XOM took the CVX/HESS to arbitration for the Guyana piece that it was all theater for the Guyanese gov and they expect the CVX/HESS merger to go through.

My source believed the execs at first but has now changed their mind and thinks XOM is going to fight hard here, but has no idea if they prevail though.
TexAgs26
AG
Why are they closing sooner than originally expected?
jetch17
AG
No idea - just what I heard in the halls over there last week.

That being said, I saw autry walk in (assisted) and the man looks like death. Sad compared to seeing him just a few years ago as an older yet agile man.
txaggie_08
AG
TexAgs26 said:

Why are they closing sooner than originally expected?

The expectation was Q4 in anticipation of FTC baloney. If they can close sooner they absolutely will. I've heard they want to close by next Friday, but all hinges on the FTC not causing issues.
sts7049
AG
just saw an alert that CVX and Hess merger delayed 6 months
CavitationAG
AG
Anyone know what the large fire around Pecos was from this morning?

https://www.cbs7.com/2024/04/26/fireball-seen-near-pecos/
Cyp0111
Still think comstock is a zero at current prices
First Page Refresh
Page 809 of 809

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.