***** Official Houston Astros 2026 Season Thread *****

2,509,678 Views | 39247 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BadAggie
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:


I've looked at the trade simulator and even if we literally offered our top 5 prospects it wouldn't be enough but I do agree with one thing which is IF you are moving Neyens or Alvarez it better be for someone with control. I'm Mr "We need to rebuild our farm" but if you can get Bleday and Greene I'd trade just about any combination of prospects they want. I think that's enough to make you a legit team to at least win a pennant and sets you up for 2027 as well.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I sure hope we don't trade any prospects for mediocre players. I get it that we are .500 but we need young talent.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
halfastros81 said:

Good job pointing out my fake news on the offense . Your facts trump my gut feelings. I am surprised

As far as the bullpen goes, I'm basing the assessment on where I feel like they are now moreso than the entire body of work. Sousa looking good , Abreu showing signs of returning to form , Javier a plus add. Hader and Oekert seeming very very solid.


I agree the pitching, bullpen and starters, are likely better than the season long #s. The offense is heavily dependent on Yordan's MVP play.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With no game tonight, I'm going to work on flexing out Astros Bingo with a standings page of where everyone is at and what everyone's max # of squares possible is as we head down the stretch.

This morning I had the first odd pang of "what am I going to do with the first 30 minutes of my day when baseball season ends?"
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

I see it as not a lack of hitting but a surplus of pitchers with really good stuff.

Hitting seems so incredibly hard nowadays.

Positioning has come a very long way, even with the shift banned.

Also, the type of hitters which teams go after. Very few Gwynns or Ichiros out there

Yup. Nerds figured out 25 years ago that a walk is about as good as a hit.
I would argue it depends. Need a base runner? Yes, walk or hit, good. Runner on 2nd or 3rd down by 1? Walk isn't as good as a hit. Especially if the batter behind you can't do either, like 1/3 of our lineup everyday.
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CharleyKerfeld said:

With no game tonight, I'm going to work on flexing out Astros Bingo with a standings page of where everyone is at and what everyone's max # of squares possible is as we head down the stretch.

This morning I had the first odd pang of "what am I going to do with the first 30 minutes of my day when baseball season ends?"

How about a daily HOFA blast for the offseason thread?
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
linkdude said:

media fun police >:/
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wRC+ Splits - Where do we need to focus at the deadline

Position (Season Long / Last 30 Days)
C: 71 / 97
1B: 108 / 91
2B: 80 / 73
SS: 124 / 160
3B: 123 / 115
OF: 86 / 70
DH: 167 / 189

Platoon
vs LHP: 98
vs RHP: 106

Shockingly, we're a little better vs righties. Maybe a LHH isn't as critical. The 3 (5, really) positions of need are very obvious. We've talked a lot about OF and C, but is it time to consider giving Altuve a few more days off and adding another INF to spell him, besides Allen?
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

wRC+ Splits - Where do we need to focus at the deadline

Position (Season Long / Last 30 Days)
C: 71 / 97
1B: 108 / 91
2B: 80 / 73
SS: 124 / 160
3B: 123 / 115
OF: 86 / 70
DH: 167 / 189

Platoon
vs LHP: 98
vs RHP: 106

Shockingly, we're a little better vs righties. Maybe a LHH isn't as critical. The 3 (5, really) positions of need are very obvious. We've talked a lot about OF and C, but is it time to consider giving Altuve a few more days off and adding another INF to spell him, besides Allen?
I'd be wary of those split stats. We are so righty heave that the only lefties we will see are the really good ones. We don't get the back of the pen lefties that get thrown out because there are a couple lefties hitting that inning. That said, I agree that we are in the beggars can't be choosers category when finding OF help.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Shockingly, we're a little better vs righties
This is where Cam's struggles really show up. He's abysmal vs LHP.
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stowers would be interesting. I wonder if he costs more or less than Bleday?

JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EABC_AG said:

Would love to acquire Hunter Greene but I doubt we have the prospect capital, even with taking on money

We may be able to afford John Deere Green
Formerly Willy Wonka
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is a potential Marlins trade that gets accepted by the MLB trade simulator:

Astros get Stowers and Hicks

Marlins get Neyens, Frey and Pecko

Obviously Neyens is the big loss but we aren't getting something without giving something. Stowers best serves as a platoon guy but is a good lefty bat with 3 years of control left. Hicks gives us the lefty catcher we've been missing. The trade also allows you to move on from Diaz, presumably for RP help. He's older but I like Tyron Guerrero from the Sox and maybe you can get a low level high upside guy to go with it.
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Braden Shewmake elected free agency after being DSA'ed by the Brewers. Reunion with the Astros?
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
txags92 said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

With no game tonight, I'm going to work on flexing out Astros Bingo with a standings page of where everyone is at and what everyone's max # of squares possible is as we head down the stretch.

This morning I had the first odd pang of "what am I going to do with the first 30 minutes of my day when baseball season ends?"

How about a daily HOFA blast for the offseason thread?

Actually, I forgot. After we win the World Series, I'm setting up a 10-12 poster all-time Astro draft. That should be good for a month.

Your idea is good as well. I stumble upon a site last night that could last us the rest of the season.
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know they've asked about him. I imagine Toronto wasn't/isn't willing to pay enough of his salary.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rangers and Rays tied at 2 in the top of the 8th. Rangers only have 2 hits but 2 runs.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rangers leave one on in the top of the 8, Tampa coming up in the bottom half now.

linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texasaggie2015 said:

I know they've asked about him. I imagine Toronto wasn't/isn't willing to pay enough of his salary.
always appreciate your hard work
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texasaggie2015 said:

I know they've asked about him. I imagine Toronto wasn't/isn't willing to pay enough of his salary.


Trade for him, and we will make that money back in Jersey sales when he gets here
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2 out homer Cedric Mullins, just barely hooked around the foul pole. Rays up 3-2
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

Quote:

Shockingly, we're a little better vs righties
This is where Cam's struggles really show up. He's abysmal vs LHP.


Cam is abysmal and it really doesn't matter who pitches. Not only is he equally bad, he's measurably worse this year over last. He so desperately needs to go down and learn to hit in a less stressful environment.

He's on the "bust" train and someone needs to get him off before it gets to the station.

Here are his splits for 26 and 25/26







I keep saying we need 2 OF. One is obviously CF. But let's be honest. The other needs to be RF. I can live with Trammell in LF but the other 2 spots need massive upgrade if this team wants to eat at the big boy table.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the Rays can get 3 outs, we're going to go into tomorrow night 1/2 game out of first.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Feels like Cam is only playing because he's usually good on defense, can actually throw a runner out, and will hit a 440-foot dinger every couple of weeks.

TBH, he's trending towards Eric Anthony land.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

Quote:

Shockingly, we're a little better vs righties

This is where Cam's struggles really show up. He's abysmal vs LHP.

We'll he's not good vs either, but he's had better results vs LHP.

vs LHP: .292 wOBA, .317 xwOBA
vs RHP: .280 wOBA, .330 xwOBA
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Victor Mesa just saved the Ray's bacon. 2 run saving catches in this game.
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting that it's the inverse of his xwOBA
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tampa needs to take advice from BSB and quit playing games with my heart.

Rangers have 2 on, 2 out
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Half a game out of first place...
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
linkdude said:

Half a game out of first place...

Tampa improves to an outrageous 40-16 at home.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Always good to gain ground on a day off.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
as OF vs RHP (min 40 PA)
1. Alvarez - 258
2. Trammell - 137
3. Loperfido - 95
4. Wade 92
5. Meyers - 82
6. Cole - 78
7. Smith - 77
8. Dezenzo - 52
9. Matthews - 39

as OF vs LHP
1. Smith - 88
2. Matthews - 78
3. Meyers - 47
*Dezeno - 131
*Trammell - 22

*<30 PA
SpaceCityAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Home/road splits continue to tell the tale on Cam for me...

The question is whether Daikin is affecting batted ball outcome or whether the park is affecting his approach (or ,of course, both).
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
linkdude said:

Half a game out of first place...
Unfortunately they get the Angels 7 more times and we only get them for 3
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's almost like Cam and Trammell should split time. I wonder if we have anyone smart enough left in the back room to see that.
First Page Last Page
Page 647 of 1122 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.