*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,310 Views | 12531 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by shack009
Water Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The blame is 100% on the offense. Yeah the pitching hasn't been good but even if we had all our pitching back we still lose a majority of these games. Unless we expect our injured arms to come back and have a collective era of 1, nothing is going to change as far as wins.
gigem1223
Water Boy said:

The blame is 100% on the offense. Yeah the pitching hasn't been good but even if we had all our pitching back we still lose a majority of these games. Unless we expect our injured arms to come back and have a collective era of 1, nothing is going to change as far as wins.

The defense has been just as bad
Water Boy
AG
Exactly. The issues we have are not injury related. Sure having a fully healthy rotation will help but the guys on the field have to perform better.
Ag Since 83
AG
The more I think about it, the way this team is playing, the Seager play at 3rd is so high leverage you probably have to challenge it if there's any chance it's overturned.
bmac_aggie18
AG
There's not a single offensive player having a great year. 3 qualified hitters in our lineup w/ a SLG over .400 (one of whom is J. Smith which I'm sure will come down) and no one over .500

We simply don't have enough juice right now
ryanhnc10
AG
What is this garbage? 1 win in the last 11 games
toucan82
Got 'em right where we want 'em
Ag Since 83
AG
Only six more solo HR to tie!
gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

10 spot is happening tonight

Called it
DallasAg 94
Just fired up a new Marg concoction.

4 oz DJ
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz Gran Marnier
juice of one small orange
juice of lemon
juice of lime
splash of rose' lime juice
agave syrup.
splash of OJ (no pulp)

COME BACK HERE WE COME!
South Platte
KT 90 said:

South Platte said:

More deep statistical analysis on the Indians from DA. Might as well since watching our own team is depressing.

Bad baseball is so hard to watch, and outside of April-May and October of last season, these guys make it really tough. I follow the box score but Stars/Mavs deserve top billing.

Did you not grow up a Ranger fan? This is nothing compared to some of years I was watching games on HSE sports (and other years when we didn't even know what HSE sports was yet....). We are still within a few games of 1st place and the WC as well.

Give them some time to get healthy. If that doesn't fully happen, we should still be in a good spot for 2025.

Of course I grew up watching Buddy Bell and Co. I was hoping winning the World Series might have changed our year to year fortune.

We can do nothing but trust Chris Young and Bochy. They've earned it. We just don't have to watch it right now.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
4 errors.
Double Talkin' Jive...
toucan82
may as well get it out of their systems tonight
South Platte
Somehow we have to play .500 baseball for another 60-70 games until reinforcements arrive. We will need to finish 30-10 to make postseason.
Grapesoda2525

2024 rangers
AggieRob93
AG
South Platte said:

Somehow we have to play .500 baseball for another 60-70 games until reinforcements arrive. We will need to finish 30-10 to make postseason.

I read that as look to 2025, and I agree.
South Platte
AggieRob93 said:

South Platte said:

I read that as look to 2025, and I agree.

Daunting task for sure.

The only thing that makes these games worse is the relentless positivity of our TV guys. Grieve was the absolute worst at that.
DallasAg 94
Water Boy
AG
Wow. Cardinals with the 4 game sweep over the Orioles.
sburg2007
That's what the o birds get for their stupid tweet last week about having not been swept in like a year and a half, minus the whole postseason thing.
Danny Vermin
Eh, I remember posting on last year's thread that they weren't going to win another game as we blew the AL west and we ended up winning the World Series. I'll panic if we are behind 10 by the all star break but it is frustrating as the division is ripe for the taking.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

the division is ripe for the taking
Nice way of saying that the AL West is sucking right now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr Gigem
AG
List of people that need a serious job evaluation right now:

Hitting coach
Offensive coordinator
Trainers
S&C Coaches
Chipotlemonger
AG
gigem1223 said:

10 spot is happening tonight

Good call, just not for the correct team.

Didn't watch the game but just checked the box score. Good grief, 4 errors?!
Water Boy
AG
Mavs win!
Grapesoda2525
Water Boy said:

Mavs win!
Mavs / stars providing an amazing and much needed distraction from this **** show.
sburg2007
I blame it on the fake grass. We all know that stuff does nothing but injure guys!
Proposition Joe
Mr Gigem said:

List of people that need a serious job evaluation right now:

Hitting coach
Offensive coordinator
Trainers
S&C Coaches

I'm picturing an offensive coordinator in baseball... "They play a deep infield defense so we're going to take the free bunts they are giving us. Then we are going to attack the middle of the field with doubles and when we lull them into thinking that is our approach we hammer them with the long ball!"
Tksymm7
AG
The Rangers are now 2-9 since the last series win and 8-12 in the month of May. We are currently on perhaps the worst pure stretch of baseball since 2021 when we lost 12 straight games. We've had longer losing streaks, heck we had an eight gamer last year and a nine gamer in 2022, but just the way we are playing is maybe the worst since that 12 game losing streak in July of 2021. The defense and offense have been putrid, and the bullpen has really imploded at times.
DallasAg 94
I'm not going to lie... This is some bad baseball. But baseball none-the-less.

We have:
29Es in 59G for 2024. 6th in AL
57Es in 162G for 2023. 1st in AL
96Es in 162G for 2022. 13th in AL
83Es in 162G for 2021. 6th in AL

4 Errors last night dropped us from 5th. The Defense, as bad as it is... isn't as bad compared to the league as I would have thought.

We're having a problem that uses an analogy of being a leaky bucket. Seems when one thing seems to start to improve (getting Dunning back) something else seems to show itself.

Make no mistake, we're playing some bad baseball. But, it will correct itself... we just have to grind through. Last year, we'd see someone step up and it seemingly might be a different person each time.

This year, the opportunity to step up is there and it just isn't getting done.

Jared Walsh was promising. Maybe Derek Hill is the guy.

Lorenzen and Abreu have filled in... but it hasn't been enough

Don't lose confidence... a guy like Seager having 2 Es in 1 G tells me he is probably not right but willing to fight through because we really don't have any options. Every team and every player goes through these things... slumps... physical distractions...Just gotta keep pushing.

DallasAg 94
12:05 start today for those still riding the "Rangers Celebration Tour" Train.
zgolfz85
AG
I'd have traded 20 seasons like this for that WS...maybe more...but **** boys, let's get our **** together
Ag Since 83
AG
This might be the lineup equivalent of the car crash you drive by and can't look away from

Water Boy
AG
And our struggling offense gets the privilege of facing one of the best pitchers in the league today!
Ag Since 83
AG
Oh, and just because, Jon Gray to the IL of course
First Page Last Page
Page 204 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.