*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,394,112 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone reads the B&I stock thread, you may remember me mentioning my dad in the hospital. His time in the Hospital has directly correlated with the Rangers sucking massive butthole. So he might be to blame. After passing out and having a seizure in the first of August....

-moderate/severe concussion issues from TBI
-alcohol withdrawal
-hidden brain bleed discovered by the fall
-hidden heart condition discovered by the fall
-aggression and confusion from hospital visit/brain injury
-successful physical therapy but with aggressive psychotic medicine to aid in sleep/agression
-horribly aggressive and violent when returning from home. Fearful for my mom and himself

-round 2 in hospital based on aggression start on 9/1
-fell asleep on 9/3 and hasn't woken up since. Doctors are clueless but psychotic medicine is in system.
-ICU for pneumonia/continued sleep
-intubation without medicine in an effort to wake him

He is currently showing some signs of simple movement. Who knew a cough would bring a grown person to tears?

We are hopeful he starts to wake up and enjoy the playoffs like we used to do. We went to the world series together back when Bochy beat us, so it would be nice to watch them again with Bochy on our side.

However... we just don't know. Doctors have never seen someone sleep this long before but he's incredibly sensitive to sleep medicine. A very low dose typical sleeping pill knocked him out 30 hours in the hospital, so we are hopeful that's it.

The one constant has been baseball (damn if James Earl Jones wasn't 100% correct on that). I've had a chance to watch this team struggle and now starting to pull through. My good friend and athletic trainer, Jacob Newburn, is the only bald man and full beard in the dugout. I know you have seen him. As much as they struggled in August and September and started pulling it together lately, it just gives me hope that my dad can pull through as well.

My venting is over. Long live the season and let's kick some ass. I want to see them play as long as possible.
beagle2009
AG
Unbelievable man. The second we get some momentum back we get kicked square in the dick. Again.
pimplepopper
AG
We are cursed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
At least it doesn't require surgery and he'll be back next season.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Tough news
Matsui
AG
dangit
alvtimes
Rangers fans '22 and before "we never have a true ace"
23… Rangers kill 2 true aces in 1 season.
DallasAg 94
Perspective.
WestTexasAg
MrCoachEricTaylor
Max needs to hang with Jung for the next 3 straight weeks.. let that super fast healing ability rub off onto him
PatriotAg02
AG
What a cursed organization.
South Platte
Sign Madison Bumgarner and Steve Nebraska.
hawk1689
AG
gigem1223 said:

At least it doesn't require surgery and he'll be back next season.

Except that this never works out in our favor either.
DallasAg 94
Next P up.

Time to add to the 40.

I think the injuries are just part of it.

I've mentioned the Dodgers have like 15 P on the IL. Look at Tampa... MASH unit.

IMO, injuries are just part of Baseball.

It is one of the things that led JD to his program of signing a bunch of retreads with upside instead of an Ace. With Darvish... he realized almost every P is likely to be injured.

Sign 3 SPs @$10M each and lose 1... vs signing 1 SP for $30M... lose him and have a minor leaguer behind him.
South Platte
Sign Kevin Brown
Grapesoda2525
Better hope Eovaldi keeps rounding into form. I guess we can pull Perez out of the pen for a start or 2?

This ****ing sucks. Losing Eovaldi when he was dominating, Scherzer, and Degrom all in the same season.
South Platte
Give me Jose Guzman and Esteban Loaiza.
gigem1223
Carter starting vs a lefty tonight and Leody with a night off

Semien 2B
Seager SS
Grossman RF
Garver DH
Heim C
Lowe 1B
Duran LF
Ornelas 3B
Carter CF
Hair God
AG
****ing Hernandez called back up. Why can't we just add Kelly to the 40 at this point? He can't be any worse than Hernandez
DeangeloVickers
AG
Degrom and Scherzer on IL is the king of suck.
gigem1223
Hair God said:

****ing Hernandez called back up. Why can't we just add Kelly to the 40 at this point? He can't be any worse than Hernandez

This. Or give Kent a shot.
Mr Gigem
AG
So in the heat of a pennant race, y'all want someone that has never pitched at the MLB level? I don't think now is the time for that
Aggies2009
AG
Damn. My condolences, Ranger fans. Terrible luck.
JWinTX
gigem1223 said:

MFer this franchise if fecking cursed! Why can't we ever have nice things?

You'll get used to it. And whoever told me to stop saying we are cursed last week…you'll learn
gigem1223
Mr Gigem said:

So in the heat of a pennant race, y'all want someone that has never pitched at the MLB level? I don't think now is the time for that

As opposed to Hernandez? Hell yes. Both Kelly and Kent deserve a shot. Tired of the usual suspects bouncing back and forth and every time it's the same results.
Chipotlemonger
AG
So defeatist
KT 90
AG
Sorry to hear the news, and I hope that your dad continues to improve.
DallasAg 94
So, we'll miss Max for 3 GS of Regular Season.

All the more pressure now to win the Division.

We win the Division and we skip the need for him in the WC Round.

We've got this.
DallasAg 94
Here is the Dodgers' P situation... I'll look at some of the other teams. I mentioned Tampa. I know Houston has had some injuries:

Dodger Pitching Woes 60IL (10), 15IL (4)

Dustin May - 60IL; 9GS, 2.63
'23 - 9GS, 2.63 ERA
'22 - 6GS, 4.50 ERA
Career: 34 GS, 3.10 ERA

Walker Buehler - 60IL;
'23 - Nothing
'22 - 33GS, 2.47 ERA
Career: 106GS, 3.02 ERA

Urias - Domestic Violence
'23: 21GS, 4.60 - Been injured
'22: 31GS, 2.16 ERA
Career: 122GS, 3.11 ERA

Gonsolin - 60IL
'23 - 20GS, 4.98
'22 - 24GS, 2.14 ERA
Career: 71GS, 3.19 ERA
DallasAg 94
Tampa: 60IL (5)

Rasmussen
'23 - 8GS, 2.62
'22 - 28GS, 2.84
Career - 46GS, 2.97

McClanahan
'23 - 21GS, 3.29
'22 - 28GS, 2.54
Career - 74GS, 3.02

Springs
'23 - 3GS, 0.56
'22 - 25GS, 2.46
Career 28GS, 3.40

Cleavinger - RP

Baz - Career: 9GS, 4.02

Point is... we're not cursed. All teams struggle with losing Ace Pitchers. We need to suck it up and have the next SP raise his game.
DeangeloVickers
AG
half step out day
The Pilot
AG
Coming to yall from the future

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I loved the de Grom signing. But, if you didn't have reservations about his ability to stay healthy, you were wearing blinders. He had 26 GS in the previous 2 seasons and had been on and off the IL.

The Scherzer trade was playing roulette too. The guy is a 39 year old pitcher that had struggled a little in his time at NYM. He's got skins on the wall and has potential to be really good if not great. He had a 4.00 ERA and had brought that down substantially but I felt like every day he was out there pitching was a gift.

The reality is we lost three ace/#2 pitchers this season including Eovaldi for an extended amount of time and Eovaldi is typically a #2/#3 type pitcher but gave us ace stuff for half the season.

This is why CY signed a ton of pitchers and has 8 or 9 guys that can start on any given night. It's what you have to do in MLB these days.

Does it suck balls that we lost those guys this season? Absolutely, but I'm not going to act like this is a shocking development. We've got to ride the horses we have, just like everyone else.
Double Talkin' Jive...
KT 90
AG
The Pilot said:

Coming to yall from the future

there are some funny replies to that tweet
DeangeloVickers
AG
Has anyone seen Grossman and Ted Williams in the same room before?
First Page Last Page
Page 566 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.