*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,321,636 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fc2112 said:

So the only drawback I could see to pinch hitting Seager there is that he would have to go int the field for the bottom of the ninth if they tied of took the lead.

I just get so pissed watching Josh f-ing Smith up there with the game on the line.

From here on out, everytime Seager starts a game, I'll comment "wow surprised to see Seager healthy enough to play."

I'm guessing there's a recovery benefit from nearly 72 hours of rest not stressing the ligaments in that finger.
rbtexan
S
Jeff Wilson is reporting that the Rangers are going to call up JP Martinez for the Giants series. They'll have to create a spot on the 40 for him, will be interesting to see if Brad Miller finally is DFAd.
Jimbo Franchione
DannyDuberstein
AG
Make him 3B coach and DFA Beasley
MrCoachEricTaylor
DannyDuberstein said:

Make him 3B coach and DFA Beasley

Love Beas but let him shag balls in the outfield with the boys during pregame warm ups
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Surely there is some other position on the staff for Beasley. He's not good at third base but he brings a lot to the locker room. Everyone loves the guy and his positive attitude makes the team better. His decisions at third don't help though
Tksymm7
AG
rbtexan said:

Jeff Wilson is reporting that the Rangers are going to call up JP Martinez for the Giants series. They'll have to create a spot on the 40 for him, will be interesting to see if Brad Miller finally is DFAd.
Its going to come down to Brad Miller, Glenn Otto and Cole Winn. As a poster said yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a real come to Jesus/heart to heart conversation with Cole Winn. They haven't DFA'd Brad Miller yet…
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Well out of those three, I have no idea why anyone would keep Brad Miller. Isn't he a FA after the season? He's currently "injured" and not very good at baseball when he's healthy.
Tksymm7
AG
He's THE locker room guy by all accounts. I don't know how much that's good for, but they've had every chance to DFA him all season and haven't done it.
Mr Gigem
AG
Just a heads up if your are a full or half season ticket holder, your postseason invoices will be ready later today
Ken Adams
AG
What are the chances any of the A&M hats come back around on that "Last Chance" ticket night? It was too bad we were out of town on Aggie night.

Side question for anyone that did get a hat. Are they pretty decent in quality/colors? The pictures of them looked legit.
joshuar2010
AG
There is just no reason for Brad Miller to even be on this team. Seems like a good enough dude but they have plenty of bodies in the minors that can fill his role.
joshuar2010
AG
About time JP Martinez got called up. I know overall the lineup has been good but Taveras has been slumping for awhile and Grossman SHOULD NOT be allowed to play the outfield. I love Jankowski but you don't want him to play as much as he is. Great defensive outfielder but he is starting to get exposed at the plate. Just 2 hits in his last 25 ABs.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Just ran into Chris Young at DFW Airport … y'all would not believe what he told me is about to go down
rbtexan
S
bmac_aggie18 said:

Just ran into Chris Young at DFW Airport … y'all would not believe what he told me is about to go down

Jim Crane's mom?
Jimbo Franchione
bmac_aggie18
AG
rbtexan said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

Jim Crane's mom?
Alright maybe could've phrased that better
PatriotAg02
AG
Ken Adams said:

What are the chances any of the A&M hats come back around on that "Last Chance" ticket night? It was too bad we were out of town on Aggie night.

Side question for anyone that did get a hat. Are they pretty decent in quality/colors? The pictures of them looked legit.

We got two of them and yes the quality is good and I liked the design. Not sure if they had extras or not.
Carlo4
AG
South Platte said:

Trust Bochy. Let the man make his soup.
He's only won 3 world series... what does that no talent azz clown know?
South Platte
bmac_aggie18 said:

Bumgarner?
Jimtim1216
S
South Platte said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

Bumgarner?

Jung was healed overnight and will be back next week?
Proposition Joe
Carlo4 said:

South Platte said:

Trust Bochy. Let the man make his soup.
He's only won 3 world series... what does that no talent azz clown know?

I mean, I understand why people say this but it's the equivalent of saying major league baseball players don't make mistakes because they are good enough to be major league baseball players.

Just because you are good enough to do something correct/well more than 99% of the general population doesn't necessarily mean every time you do something it's done well/perfectly.

Tom Brady has thrown a ton of interceptions in his career.
DallasAg 94
For those scoring at home, what does JP Martinez mean? I think this is his shot to seize the LF position. He is a Cuban player that I think could elevate his performance on the big stage. I think there have been a number of Cuban players like Adolis Garcia and Yordan Alvarez that rise to the next level. Having Adolis and Aroldis Chapman should ease him in.

I think Ornelas is likely the casualty on the 26.

I've reduced some of the stats to his success. There are

Main Stats:
'23 (27) - AAA: 67 G, .312, 12 HR, 33 SB, .427 OBP
'22 (26) - AA: 66 G, .268, 9 HR, 25 SB, .382 OBP
'21 (25) - AA: 81 G, .242, 5 HR, 20 SB, .242 OBP

I'm assuming with those SB, he likely covers a ton of OF. He also plays all 3 OF positions.

I think Ornelas was an easy promotion based on him being on the 40 and the Rangers wanted a little more time to decide.

On 7/30, Winn went 3.1, 4ERs and most recently went 8/5 3.0, 1ER. I think his normal rotation would set him for a GS tomorrow at RR. I was hoping maybe he was scheduled for tonight, but not the case.
Ken Adams
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

For those scoring at home, what does JP Martinez mean? I think this is his shot to seize the LF position. He is a Cuban player that I think could elevate his performance on the big stage. I think there have been a number of Cuban players like Adolis Garcia and Yordan Alvarez that rise to the next level. Having Adolis and Aroldis Chapman should ease him in.

I think Ornelas is likely the casualty on the 26.

I've reduced some of the stats to his success. There are

Main Stats:
'23 (27) - AAA: 67 G, .312, 12 HR, 33 SB, .427 OBP
'22 (26) - AA: 66 G, .268, 9 HR, 25 SB, .382 OBP
'21 (25) - AA: 81 G, .242, 5 HR, 20 SB, .242 OBP

I'm assuming with those SB, he likely covers a ton of OF. He also plays all 3 OF positions.

I think Ornelas was an easy promotion based on him being on the 40 and the Rangers wanted a little more time to decide.

On 7/30, Winn went 3.1, 4ERs and most recently went 8/5 3.0, 1ER. I think his normal rotation would set him for a GS tomorrow at RR. I was hoping maybe he was scheduled for tonight, but not the case.

Excited to see what he can do. Love that his stats have improved steadily for the last few years.
DallasAg 94
It is also worth noting that Jankowski and Grossman are FAs after the season.

Jankowski(32): 75G, .292, 1HR, 16 SB, .388 OBP
Grossman (33): 84G, .229, 8HR, 0 SB, .311 OBP
Taveras (24) : 100G, .269, 11HR, 11 SB, .310 OBP

Carter(20-AA): 81G, .280, 12HR, 15 SB, .407 OBP
Langford(21-A+): 6G, .409, 1 HR, 2 SB, .552 OBP

Not to dismiss, Dustin Harris (24), Aaron Zavala (23), Bubba (25) et al. (On 40)
DallasAg 94
The point for me about Bochy is less about making a mistake and more about defining and understanding what you have.

Bochy rolling out a RP in a high leverage situation to see how he performs (Speas)... or how he might pitch back-back, or a multi-inning out, may end up costing you a game, but those are things you need to find out.

Bochy was given a very talented team with the Rangers, but it is also important to know that while he had great talent (deGrom, Eovaldi, Heaney, Seager, Semien)... he also had some young guys that needed to be developed. Duran, Taveras, Jung, Dunning, others.

Managing great talent is a skill in itself and important.
Developing great talent is a different skillset and isn't something easily measured.

He was .500 in both SDP and SFG, and for 12 and 13 years.

He was 8-16 in postseason with SD
He was 36-17 in postseason with SF, but that was after his stop in SD.

I like what he has done with Texas. Some of his questionable moves, seem justifiable. I can tell you by November, the Rangers fan base will split into the "Bochy is a moron" and "Bochy is a genius" camps. The percentage splits will be a reflection of Postseason results.
PatriotAg02
AG
lol Baltimore nearly choked again. They are not as good as their record.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Damn, the Astros just about broke Felix Bautista again lol
aggietony2010
AG
Orioles finally did something useful (barely). Would've been nice to gain ground in this series, but at least we didn't lose any.
Grapesoda2525
Baltimore seems so over rated. I hope TB and Baltimore start losing a lot of games.
GreasenUSA
AG
If the Astros would have pulled that off again against Bautista, I was going to throw my hands up and just call them a team of destiny.
investorAg83
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Baltimore seems so over rated. I hope TB and Baltimore start losing a lot of games.

Very talented roster but also very young.
Grapesoda2525
Guardians beat the blow jays so pretty good off day. Braves lose, Astros lose, jays lose.

I don't think we'll catch the Braves by any means, but I don't want them 10-15 game's better than us either.
DallasAg 94
Such positivity from you... only thing needed now to make this a perfect day for you is some fresh bud?!
DallasAg 94
Even Minnesota lost.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Grapesoda2525 said:

Guardians beat the blow jays so pretty good off day. Braves lose, Astros lose, jays lose.

I don't think we'll catch the Braves by any means, but I don't want them 10-15 game's better than us either.

It'd be nice if some of the close wild card teams would win too. Help create more chaos for Houston.
First Page Last Page
Page 427 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.