*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,339,463 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
CampingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Guardians beat the blow jays so pretty good off day. Braves lose, Astros lose, jays lose.

I don't think we'll catch the Braves by any means, but I don't want them 10-15 game's better than us either.

It'd be nice if some of the close wild card teams would win too. Help create more chaos for Houston.

We are not far enough ahead of Houston for me to want this.
CampingAg
AG
I'd be kind of pissed if I got to go to Fenway for one game in my life and the Sox were wearing yellow jerseys and blue caps. Ban city connects.
Tksymm7
AG
MLB Pipeline Prospect Re-Rank/Update

Rangers:
Evan Carter #8
Wyatt Langford #13
Sebastian Walcott #67
Brock Porter #98

Others of Interest:
Paul Skenes #3
Dylan Crews #4
Ethan Salas #5
Luisangel Acuña #40

Milwaukee has FIVE guys in the top 56, while LAD and Baltimore keep absolutely pumping out guys. Milwaukee was shocking.
fc2112
You all are aware of my desire to see Brad Miller selling insurance for a living.
DallasAg 94
Bryce Harper (Phi) left the game last night with back spasms. McClanahan (TB) and Glasnow (TB) both left games with back spasms in July.

That's 3 players in the last month. I don't ever recall "back spasms" as a reason to be pulled from a game. Anyone else recall a player getting pulled like that?

Or am I just seeing a "shark attack" where it's the popular thing to report?!
PatriotAg02
AG
FYI I don't think tonight's game is on Bally. I don't see it on the guide and my sports app says AppleTV.
KT 90
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

FYI I don't think tonight's game is on Bally. I don't see it on the guide and my sports app says AppleTV.
grrr
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Isn't that what Beltre had from a muscle strain in the playoffs in 2015? I've had back issues for years and straining a muscle in your back sucks because of those spasms.
DallasAg 94
Any word on that "corresponding move?!"
Legal Custodian
AG
I don't know about the prevalence in baseball pitchers specifically but I usually see back spasms as an injury reason in other sports all the time for missing a game here or there.
Super Aggie 64
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

The game is on Apple TV+ only. I was able to get a 2 month free trial through the MLB app.
texasaggie2015
AG
Just a friendly FYI to my friends here.. there's an option on AppleTV+ that lets you stream the radio broadcast and it syncs perfectly with the game. So you'll be able to watch the game with Eric Nadel calling it. It's a cool feature.
PatriotAg02
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

The game is on Apple TV+ only. I was able to get a 2 month free trial through the MLB app.
Yeah I had a free 3 month trial on my phone that I activated. Lasts until November just in case there are any more games on that app. Do they have their own announcers? production? or is it just the Bally folks on AppleTV?
MrCoachEricTaylor
texasaggie2015 said:

Just a friendly FYI to my friends here.. there's an option on AppleTV+ that lets you stream the radio broadcast and it syncs perfectly with the game. So you'll be able to watch the game with Eric Nadel calling it. It's a cool feature.

I'm definitely going to look into that!
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm trying to recall off the top of my head how to do it.. but if you press the down arrow while streaming the game you'll see an icon towards the bottom right of the screen. Press it and you'll see the option for home or away radio broadcast.
hawk1689
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

I was able to get a 24 month free trial through my parents
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If some of y'all have Apple devices and use any of their subscriptions for music, cloud, etc. you might want to look into Apple One that bundles them. You might be able to effectively get Apple TV+ for free based on what you already have.
Txhuntr
AG
Wait, so this game isn't on Bally? How is that possible? I thought Bally has all reg season games including those aired on national broadcasts
MrCoachEricTaylor
Txhuntr said:

Wait, so this game isn't on Bally? How is that possible? I thought Bally has all reg season games including those aired on national broadcasts

Last year the MLB granted Apple TV the rights to broadcast a game every Friday night. They're okay broadcasts.
MSFC Aggie
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Any word on that "corresponding move?!"
Bubba Thompson DFA'd
DallasAg 94
Just saw it...

DallasAg 94
I was sleuthing and saw the Cole Winn was not getting the GS tonight for RR, and was trying to piece it together. Zak Kent was assigned to RR for tonight, from Rk.

Totally expected Cole Winn.

Bubba makes sense. There only so many AAA players who bat .260 with no power but good speed, that you need.
Tksymm7
AG
I'm honestly not even sure Bubba is going to get picked up on waivers, but if he does it's not a loss. We are pretty stacked at CF.

Leody (Evan Carter is coming for his ass)
Evan Carter
JP Martinez (he's 27, but similar to bubba profile wise)
Daniel Mateo (can really go get it)
Anthony Gutierrez
Yeison Morrobel
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

Just saw it...

Totally makes sense but didn't expect it!
PatriotAg02
AG
Didn't realize the Giants have the 2nd best ERA in the National League. 2nd to San Diego. Hope we can score this weekend.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The 2010 Rangers:

PatriotAg02
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Only seeing a home team radio option. Is there usually both?
beagle2009
AG
The picture quality in this AppleTV broadcast kicks the **** out of Ballys
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I tried the radio broadcast thing. Apparently it's only for the home team.
PatriotAg02
AG
What a crap lead off at bat. Patience
PatriotAg02
AG
Wow
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That third strike was absolute dogs***.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The mouth in the seats behind the plate is already annoying.
PatriotAg02
AG
Zone is very low tonight
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That it is.
First Page Last Page
Page 428 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.