*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,229,003 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Cle pitcher has to be gassed. 52 PC in 2.0 IP. Stressful pitches.

Heaney mowed down the 3rd with 15 PC and it is right back out there for Williams.

Could this be our inning?
fc2112
More of what I love about this team. MLB leaders in fewest walks.

1 - Seattle Mariners 231
2 - San Francisco Giants 242
3 - Detroit Tigers 256
4 - Minnesota Twins, Texas Rangers 261
ryanhnc10
AG
vette
AG
Smith pitching in the 7th?? Interesting
MrCoachEricTaylor
We'll see how Chap does with closing duties today!
LeagueCityAg
AG
Hello Win Column!
AgBQ-00
AG
Good win and good series win
MrCoachEricTaylor
That was awesome strike throwing with triple digits
vander54
S
Chapman looked good. I actually caught the 9th inning. Great movement and still triple digits
World's worst proofreader
shack009
AG
Great pitching performances today. Heaney gets in to the 6th, Anderson comes on and gets an inning ending DP, Smith comes on in the 7th and leaves a man stranded and goes a ver efficient 1.2, then Chapman gets the save.
Water Boy
AG
Huge series win. I get the opponent wasn't great but we needed to start the second half strong at home after a long slump! Great effort.
DeangeloVickers
AG
KT 90
AG
shack009 said:

Great pitching performances today. Heaney gets in to the 6th, Anderson comes on and gets an inning ending DP, Smith comes on in the 7th and leaves a man stranded and goes a ver efficient 1.2, then Chapman gets the save.

Nether Smith not Chapman threw that many pitches. Guess we will see tomorrow if Chapman is available to pitch three days in a row (he's getting older... not sure how he was used in KC). Smith should be good, he didn't pitch Friday.

If Sborz is going to be out more than 15 days, we may need to up the urgency on getting more bullpen help. We needed another arm before he went to the IL.

fc2112
Well, LeClerc is back ~~~snicker~~~
fc2112
fc2112 said:

Since it appears Mets are punching out, is Kodai Senga better than Dunning and/or Petez? Worth it? I don't think so.

I wonder what Brooks Raley would cost in prospects? I'd like to have him. He gets $4.5M this year with a $6.5M club option for 2024.

You give up Foscue for that? I bet it takes more than that.

Senga pitching for the Mets tonight on Fox. Looks good
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

shack009 said:

Nether Smith not Chapman threw that many pitches. Guess we will see tomorrow if Chapman is available to pitch three days in a row (he's getting older... not sure how he was used in KC). Smith should be good, he didn't pitch Friday.

If Sborz is going to be out more than 15 days, we may need to up the urgency on getting more bullpen help. We needed another arm before he went to the IL.

Hopefully it's a massive blow out for the good guys and don't need to use anyone but the Yerry Rodriguez or Jon kings of the world.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm not sure I realized that Brooks Raley was with the Mets this year.
Grapesoda2525
Feels like the Angels aren't going to win another game this season. Still can't believe some folks were worried about them a few weeks ago.
Mr Gigem
AG
Nobody was ever worried about the Angels. That is the most mismanaged franchise in MLB
shack009
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Feels like the Angels aren't going to win another game this season. Still can't believe some folks were worried about them a few weeks ago.

Good to know your overreactions aren't just limited to Dallas teams.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
PatriotAg02
AG
Won it on a throwing error........lol
aggietony2010
AG
Lead is 3.0 again.

Astros blow a 6 run lead in the 7th. Bounce back. Blow a 3 run lead in the 9th, and lose in extras on a routine DP ball.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Astros lose on a throwing error, LMAO
Grapesoda2525
aggietony2010 said:

Lead is 3.0 again.

Astros blow a 6 run lead in the 7th. Bounce back. Blow a 3 run lead in the 9th, and lose in extras on a routine DP ball.
To the Astros thread.
AggieRob93
AG
Angels doing the Lord's work and all of baseball a favor.
94chem
I like having 3 game lead after events of this evening. Please don't ban me.

Insert robot walk gif.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Coppell97
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

walk-off win for Angels! Crazy game and what a collapse by the Astros!
LeagueCityAg
AG
Again, notice how quiet the trash talk thread is.

"Everybody acting tough when they up" - Luka Doncic
Grapesoda2525
LeagueCityAg said:

Again, notice how quiet the trash talk thread is.

"Everybody acting tough when they up" - Luka Doncic
Would honestly be an ideal time for the ranger fans to revitalize that thread. That loss to the Angels is probably worse than any loss we suffered this year. Although, I'd say the cumulative series and 3 massive end game implosions against the reds still tops it, but that's 3 games.

After seeing how much we've struggled lately, I'll settle for some more wins and let the Astro fans do the hand wringing.
alvtimes
Smith pitching in the 7th?? Interesting [/q
I like/love it….. throw ur best to squash the problem….. maybe the save happens with a runner on 1st and best lefty hitter coming off the bench????? Much cleaner than a random 9th inning…. lets go Bochy
fc2112
Grapesoda2525 said:

Would honestly be an ideal time for the ranger fans to revitalize that thread.
We keep having this discussion about how Astros fans hate the Rangers yet Ranger fans are indifferent about the Astros.

The trash talk thread proves this beyond a doubt.
fc2112
W said:

tonight's game...

is why the Astros feel capped at 90 wins
Grapesoda2525
fc2112 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Would honestly be an ideal time for the ranger fans to revitalize that thread.
We keep having this discussion about how Astros fans hate the Rangers yet Ranger fans are indifferent about the Astros.

The trash talk thread proves this beyond a doubt.
I will say…. It was hilarious reading their thread while they were up 9-3 they were talking about having the division lead by the time we roll into Houston. About an hour later, they go back to all of the endless teeth knashing about Maldonado and dusty baker.
fc2112
AlwaysNextYear89 said:

Agree. We might be leading by the time the Rangers come to Houston week after next. Need to get a decent lead, because our August schedule is nasty. September eases up some mainly because we finally get our 6 against the Royals and might still have a series with the A's then.
First Page Last Page
Page 286 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.