*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,231,873 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
alvtimes said:

Smith pitching in the 7th?? Interesting [/q
I like/love it….. throw ur best to squash the problem….. maybe the save happens with a runner on 1st and best lefty hitter coming off the bench????? Much cleaner than a random 9th inning…. lets go Bochy
It's how it should be, but often hard to justify. I liked the move.

And if Chapman is better as a "come into the start of an inning" type reliever, then, so beit. Use Smith to cleanup a mess and Chapman for the Save.
DallasAg 94
If Rangers fans gave 2****s about Houston, that thread would not have gone so long without a post from Rangers fan.

Now back to more Rangers talk.
Water Boy
AG
How many times have they made estimates of what day they'll have that division lead? Remember like 6 weeks ago when that dork from the trastros thread came here claiming they would get the division lead by Sunday after their 6 game stretch with Oakland?
DallasAg 94
Just a Seager and his .355 BA

He is now 10.2 PAs away from being Qualified. He has been getting 5PA/Gm, but nights like last night he only gets 4. Need more runs. Or more LOB.

Yandy Diaz (TB) is at .323
DallasAg 94
Need a solid outing by Perez today. I'd like to see 6+ with less than 1 ER. I'm hoping it was just fatigue and he has rested.

We get a day off after the TB series (7/20). Play the Dodgers for 3, then @Houston 3, and another day off (7/27).
rbtexan
S
I'm wondering how much longer it will be before the Rangers give Alex Speas a chance in the BP. He's 25, throws hard, and for the season he has pitched in 36 innings with 59Ks, 20 hits allowed, 15 BB and a 1.00 ERA between AA & AAA. Picked up the win last night for RR with 2 IP, no hits, 1 BB and 4 Ks.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
I think it needs to happen soon, because even if he's just solid like Anderson has been in stints, it would likely keep us from having to trade for two relievers. If he's better than Anderson and turns out to be a real asset, then that's icing on top.
aggietony2010
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Need a solid outing by Perez today. I'd like to see 6+ with less than 1 ER. I'm hoping it was just fatigue and he has rested.

We get a day off after the TB series (7/20). Play the Dodgers for 3, then @Houston 3, and another day off (7/27).

I'm fine with any QS from Perez. Just give us a chance to win like a 4/5 in a rotation should.
MrCoachEricTaylor
I would like a QS from Perez and also to see Leclerc get some more action. I feel like he's showing some improvement and if we can get him, Smith, and Chap to be nails like they should be that can help us go on a run. Especially if we still go out and acquire one more top BP arm.
shack009
AG
Leclerc is doing well in basically no leverage situations. I'm fine with him eating innings in games that aren't close.
Baby Billy
AG
I haven't got to watch the last couple of games. Why are they doing the broadcast from center field?
Tksymm7
AG
Unsure to your question, but I do know that Raymond and Valle look ridiculous in their matching Magellan fishing shirts that don't have a Rangers logo on them at all.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They're calling the game from center instead of the booth. I was wondering the same thing.
aggiefan09
AG
At least get the Columbia fishing shirt with logos.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Marcus getting it back!
KT 90
AG
Semien answers the Cleveland leadoff home run with a lead off bomb of his own
AggieRob93
AG
Perez struggling, not good but not surprising.
PatriotAg02
AG
Perez just isn't pitching well. Doesn't look comfortable. I wonder if he's having some physical issues we aren't aware of?
94chem
PatriotAg02 said:

Perez just isn't pitching well. Doesn't look comfortable. I wonder if he's having some physical issues we aren't aware of?

Throwing BP. No downward movement.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Tksymm7
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Marcus getting it back!
Martin is back too.
Mr Gigem
AG
I guess 2022 was a small sample size
Baby Billy
AG
Perez sucks. Needs to be replaced in the rotation before the deadline
PatriotAg02
AG
Bats need to be awake today.
Tksymm7
AG
If he gives up another 6+, I think there's a very valid argument he should miss a few starts. Get the ole "he's hurt, we're going to throw on the 15-day IL but he's not really hurt" treatment.
Legal Custodian
AG
We're making great contact, it's just a matter of time today
Old Tom Morris
He's had 2 weeks off, so if it's a wear and tear issue, that's a problem. He was good 4 of 5 starts before the 7/3 Astros start. I wouldn't panic yet. This is just Perez except for 2022
fc2112
Could the dude in the red shirt take a few more selfies?
Mr Gigem
AG
Hey Perez, ****ing throw strikes
Water Boy
AG
Still a lot of time to come back. Was hoping to get something good out of Perez at home.
Tksymm7
AG
Get tf off these camera angles my gosh.
DeangeloVickers
AG
The right field 2nd deck suites always empty gives me anxiety
rbtexan
S
So Perez is reverting back to his career norms. Someone on here suggested that's likely what would happen.

Oh wait, that was me...
Jimbo Franchione
DeangeloVickers
AG
El Bombi ...yikes
fc2112
Bad K for El Bombo there.
PatriotAg02
AG
Ok runs. Let's go.
First Page Last Page
Page 287 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.