*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,231,921 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shack009 said:

Why do they boo Donaldson???

Edit: Oh crap, a .127 BA…

There's not a bigger collection of garbage in sports than Yankees fans. I hate watching games they're involved in.
gigem1223
shack009 said:

Why do they boo Donaldson???

Edit: Oh crap, a .127 BA…

Yankees GM is brilliant. PH Donaldson for a .319 hitter
shack009
AG
Yeah they really gave it to him after his K.
gigem1223
Fresh Prince W
LeagueCityAg
AG
Hello Win Column!

**** the Yankees!
shack009
AG
That one felt important. Would have been heartbreaking to lose on 7 IP 2ER from Dunning.
AgBQ-00
AG
Yay!!
TefIon Don
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Yankees blew it in the 10th and let the rangers win
gigem1223
Nice W. Gray on the bump tomorrow. Hopefully he can bounce back from his last start.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Interesting that Adolis can understand the questions but is more comfortable answering in Spanish. I know he answered in English the other night and did fine.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Nice W. Gray on the bump tomorrow. Hopefully he can bounce back from his last start.
Facing Severino and his 6GS, 6.30 ERA.

Need to get to him early and get to that BP, again.
DallasAg 94
Great outing by Dunning. Based on GP, Rangers have 75 (counting today).

Dunning now: 71.2 IP, 2.76 ERA.

That would put him at #5.

Heaney at 72.1 IP. 3.98 ERA would slide him into 20th.

They both need to keep rolling and getting to the 7th.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That throw by Adolis looms large now. That was a big deal.
DallasAg 94
I do this for awareness and those interested:

The NYY rotation:
Cole (32): 16 GS, 2.64 ERA
Schmidt (27): 16 GS, 4.32
German (30): 14 GS, 4.32
Brito (25): 10 GS, 4.89
Severino (29): 6 GS, 6.30

Will this be their rotation next month? Who knows, but they need like 2-3SPs. Unless they get strike-zone differentials like tonight.
LeagueCityAg
AG

thegoodolag15
AG
This is disgusting
Tksymm7
AG
I'm cackling, thank you
gigem1223
Angels lose
bmac_aggie18
AG
gigem1223 said:

Angels lose

Man, looking at the Angels lineup and staff, I think their record is a lot better than the roster they have. Really think they'll start losing some games and law of averages will even out. Outside of Trout, Ohtani, and Drury, they don't have any positive contributors on offense.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
The Angles picked up Eduardo Escobar from the Mets today. Not a great hitter but not terrible either. Can play multiple INF positions.
gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

Angels lose

Stros lose
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

Angels lose

Astros do the same.
gigem1223
Rangers now have the largest division lead in baseball
DallasAg 94
Angels are in a bad place...

C Stassi (102G in 2022) has been out all season.
SS Gio Urshela (31) played 62G and has been placed on the IL with a pelvic fracture
SS Zach Neto (22-55G) was called up and he has an Oblique Strain.
3B Anthony Rendon broke his hand from a Eovaldi pitch last week.

Rangers need to keep pushing ahead.

Need to keep distancing ourselves from LAAA and Houston.
Grapesoda2525
shack009 said:

That one felt important. Would have been heartbreaking to lose on 7 IP 2ER from Dunning.
Need to win the non-Gerritt Cole games when you play the Yankees in a series. It's kind of bad luck that we've drawn Cole in both series.

The pitching matchups have been brutal since TB shuffled their rotation to play us, angels gave us all their best, jays we got gausman, white Sox we got their best 2. Hopefully we can get some breaks in the pitching matchups after the Astros series.
shack009
AG

Good to see that the metrics back up the eye test.
Tksymm7
AG
Leody is an awesome CF, Jung has been much better than expected, Lowe has improved immensely at 1st, and Adolis might have the best outfield arm in the MLB. Pretty crazy that we are first in defensive runs saved when I would consider our middle infield very average defensively.
DeangeloVickers
AG
middle infield average?!?! Who is better at 2nd base than Semien?
rbtexan
S
Semien is great defensively, but Seager is an average to below average SS. I'm assuming that's what he was referring to.
Jimbo Franchione
fc2112
Since it appears Mets are punching out, is Kodai Senga better than Dunning and/or Petez? Worth it? I don't think so.

I wonder what Brooks Raley would cost in prospects? I'd like to have him. He gets $4.5M this year with a $6.5M club option for 2024.

You give up Foscue for that? I bet it takes more than that.
Tksymm7
AG
I'm speaking more about Seager than anyone. Semien is a very good 2nd baseman.
Tksymm7
AG
I don't think the Mets are tapping out, necessarily. I believe they are shedding some contract dead weight at a position where they have a young, high level prospect (Brett Baty) stepping through the MLB door. I wouldn't be surprised if they are also looking at a big splash move as well.

On the Senga question, I really like him because his stuff is electric, but this is his first season in the MLB and I just don't know how it's going to go when teams really get a handle on how he likes to pitch.

Lastly, I like Raley too, but we don't need another lefty in the pen. We need a right armed power pitcher who can't overpower guys.

DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

Since it appears Mets are punching out, is Kodai Senga better than Dunning and/or Petez? Worth it? I don't think so.

I wonder what Brooks Raley would cost in prospects? I'd like to have him. He gets $4.5M this year with a $6.5M club option for 2024.

You give up Foscue for that? I bet it takes more than that.
Senga is 30 and locked up an additional 4yr @ $15M per... plus an Option... plus Bonuses. I don't think that would gel with the current Rangers strategy.

Escobar looked like a salary dump for an expensive player that got replaced.

I think that is probably what the Mets will do, is dump salary. They are at $335M for 2023 and $244M for 2024.

What do they do with Scherzer (38) at 12GS, 4.04 ERA getting $43M in 2023 and $43M in 2024.
Or Verlander (4.50 ERA) making $43M in '23, '24, and an Option for '25. I think Verlander is dead money.

Would Scherzer be worth the risk to add if the Rangers paid the pro-rated remaining in '23 (Salary relief to avoid Tax) and the NYMets take a portion (half?) of 2024?
DallasAg 94
I agree that I'm not sure they have called off the dogs in 2023, but they may be there soon. From a payroll perspective, they are bloated with lots of dead money. Adding anything significant can't be an option.

They are 8 games back in the WC and 14 in the Division and fading fast L3 straight 3-7 in L10.

My guess is the LAD could be interested in Scherzer, among others. Maybe the Reds?

I'd like the Rangers to kick the tires, but I think at the end of the day, getting Scherzer would be to make a statement... or to keep him from going to an AL team.
Tksymm7
AG
I just don't know what the Mets do about all the money they have committed. Sure, they can offload some guys here there, but I really don't know if there's a market out there for guys like Scherzer and Verlander at their current price and the way they are pitching. I still think the Rangers need to be after guys who either have control left or who are willing to sign here. We need guys who are going to be here in the near future.
First Page Last Page
Page 213 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.