*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,224,668 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

agent-maroon
AG
Trying to wrap my mind around 700k Rangers fans in Arlington today. That's like twice the population of Arlington, over half the population of Dallas proper, and around a third of the population of the city of Houston.

Is 700k a lot of baseball fans? That seems like a lot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PetroleumAg
AG
Just put this together…. We went 11-0 on the road this postseason. The teams that we beat and did this to spelled out the word ROAD. Rays, Orioles, Astros, Diamondbacks…
petebaker
Rangers 2023 World Series Barricade not Parade

Vandergriff Toyota (I'm guessing) will cruise 40 Toyota Tundras with All Stars and Bochy riding in the beds

They will drive in the right lane as fans are barricaded 20 deep on the Left lane of Ballpark Way and Cowboys way

it will be safe , No cowboys 93 Race Riots at least
91AggieLawyer
AG
94chem said:

twilly said:

That '86 team was a lot of fun. Just couldn't track down the Angels in September. I'm sure a lot of us remember the Petralli/Sierra/Clemens game like it was yesterday.

The '86 team had a losing or .500 record against 7 of the 13 other AL teams yet still won 87 games. How that happens, I'll never know. Plus, they won 5 of 7 against the Angels in the last 2 weeks and still didn't catch them. The relatively strong first half just got stalled. I don't think they'd have gotten out of the ALCS anyway. But July killed them. Getting swept in Detroit and the Bronx coming out of the break. Win three there and its a different finish.
nai06
AG
People were trying to cross the drainage ditch near Johnson Creek and AT&T way. They got down and then couldn't get back up the other sides because it was too steep. People were using sticks, clothes, and whatever they could find to make a chain to help them back up.

Roll the Bones
AG
94chem said:

Fergie and Sunny

Holy crap. The first autograph I ever got was Jim Sundberg at Seminary South in Fort Worth, maybe 1979?

God, I have loved this team for so many years...

94chem
I have that same photo. I was a classmate of his son, Aaron, at Pantego Christian Academy during the the 80's. Aaron played at Martin with Tim Grieve and Todd Van Poppel while I was playing at Lamar.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
MrCoachEricTaylor
nai06 said:

People were trying to cross the drainage ditch near Johnson Creek and AT&T way. They got down and then couldn't get back up the other sides because it was too steep. People were using sticks, clothes, and whatever they could find to make a chain to help them back up.

They were also trying to cross at a shallow crossing area closer to Cowboys Way. Me and my buddy were sitting there for a few minutes waiting to just watch people completely eat it trying to climb up the hill.. we were not disappointed lol
Roll the Bones
AG
Class of 94, whoop!
Water Boy
AG
Incredible we have gone a week without an "accident" post. Well done!
Danny Vermin
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Scott Stapp scores with arms wide open to give the Rangers their first lead of the season.

You unknowingly saw the future 6 months ago with a Scott Stapp reference. This post was on game 1 of the season. Well done.
FireAg
AG
Corey Seager…glad he said what he said…

disAstros fans love to talk **** about Garcia's bat spike that got him thrown at, but they forget the number of overly exuberant bat flips that a younger Bregman was guilty of (and paid for)…

Bregman is one of the biggest **** talkers in MLB, and Seager took him to the woodshed, beat him to death with the mic, dropped a growling steamer on his quivering, lifeless remains, and then shoved the mic straight up what used to be his ass…

It needed to be said, and Seager absolutely clowned Bregman…

And when you eliminated Bregman from the playoffs, and you go on to win the World Series, and you are the guy carrying the MVP trophy…well…you can do that…

Well done, CS…well ****ing done…
FriscoKid
AG
It was pretty freaking cool. You know the guys were talking about someone saying that and Corey was like, **** it, I'll do it.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Scott Stapp scores with arms wide open to give the Rangers their first lead of the season.

You unknowingly saw the future 6 months ago with a Scott Stapp reference. This post was on game 1 of the season. Well done.
Well, Josh H. Smith looks eerily similar to Scott Stapp. He was looking less like him later in the season. That is funny, though. When all the hubbub of Creed came along, I always thought of Josh H. Smith.

Here is our starting lineup for Game 1:

Semien
Seager
Lowe
Garcia
Jung
Heim
Grossman
Miller
Smith

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I took my 13 y/o daughter to the parade today. We left the house about 7:30 this morning and got to the AT&T stadium parking lot 11 at about 10:15. Not bad and about what t expected as far as timing. If you expect traffic and delays, I guess it doesn't bother you too much.

We wanted to get into the Texas Live! area but arrived too late so we walked around the stadium so we could see the area where the post-parade celebration would be. We walked the long way around because I'm an idiot.

We finally found a spot by about 11:15 and knew we had an hour to kill, which is one reason we kept walking. Hindsight says we should have hung out there by AT&T and watched. By the time the parade started we couldn't see anything but we heard the crowd yelling when the cars drove by. Like many of you, and many of the people around us, we were expecting the double-decker busses. We were disappointed.

We moved along and finally (just barely) got to see Lowe, Eovaldi, Garcia, Semien, Seager, and Bochy drive by. We didn't go to the post-parade because it was getting late and knew we had a long drive home. The wait in the parking lot was about 90 minutes and the drive home through Dallas traffic was pretty slow.

All in all, I guess I'm glad we went. The crowd was friendly overall. Twice I saw people almost throw down but common sense prevailed. We'll plan better next year.
Double Talkin' Jive...
The Brazos Kid
94chem said:

I have that same photo. I was a classmate of his son, Aaron, at Pantego Christian Academy during the the 80's. Aaron played at Martin with Tim Grieve and Todd Van Poppel while I was playing at Lamar.
Hey! I was at PCA in the 80's as well but don't remember Sundberg's kid being there. I was there like 82 to 85-ish
nai06
AG
This was the best pic I got as Bochy drove by
DeangeloVickers
AG
He (Bochy) looks in better shape than he did at beginning of the season
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a great picture
DeangeloVickers
AG
LeagueCityAg
AG
I bet they give JD a ring.
PatAg
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

I bet they give JD a ring.
He deserves it. If it were up to me, I would give all of the 2011 guys one, along with some others. Dunno if they would accept it though
bdp514am
Probably the 2nd largest crowd I've ever been in.
bdp514am
And easily the best behaved
bdp514am
bdp514am
Maybe 3rd there was 100k at Michigan for the A&M game
MrCoachEricTaylor
bdp514am said:

Maybe 3rd there was 100k at Michigan for the A&M game

There were much much more than 100K there yesterday!
94chem
The Brazos Kid said:

94chem said:

Hey! I was at PCA in the 80's as well but don't remember Sundberg's kid being there. I was there like 82 to 85-ish

Yep. He left for Junior High after the spring of '84, I think. Lamar Johnson's kid, Brian was also in our class. Brian Jorgensen's son was a year behind me, and I recall that Danny Darwin's daughter was a few years younger. There must've been others. These kids of veterans must've felt like army brats after a while, and this was back in the time when money still mattered to most of the guys.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Bobaloo
JD…Have a friend who knows him. Dude was pulling for the Rays when the playoffs started.
gibby03
AG
He works for the Rays. Why wouldn't he?
ArbAg
AG
World Series is over but like dems the Diamondbacks are counting on lots of Karens and ignorance…
FTAco07
BassCowboy33
Totally didn't register until after it happened, but I was talking with a Cards fan at work on Thursday. He brought up 2011, and we actually had a civil conversation about it. I had walked away before realizing it was the first time I'd talked about that moment in public since it happened all those years ago, and I was amazed at how it no longer ruined my soul to think about it.
BassCowboy33
Bobaloo said:

JD…Have a friend who knows him. Dude was pulling for the Rays when the playoffs started.
Duh, it's the team he works for. It would be kinda weird if he didn't.
First Page Last Page
Page 1156 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.