*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,216,476 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

bdp514am said:

Maybe 3rd there was 100k at Michigan for the A&M game

There were much much more than 100K there yesterday!
Arlington Police said there were between 500k-700k there yesterday.
MrCoachEricTaylor
BassCowboy33 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

bdp514am said:

Maybe 3rd there was 100k at Michigan for the A&M game

There were much much more than 100K there yesterday!
Arlington Police said there were between 500k-700k there yesterday.

With the absolute cluster that leaving that area was, and the cell phone issues, and just knowing that we didn't see nearly everyone and every place there, 700k makes total sense
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I'm actually expected to watch Aggie football today without a winning baseball team to distract me?
sburg2007
Jimbo can't hurt me anymore this year!!!!!
TDub
AG
Same thing happened to me on Thursday with my Director. Didn't realize talking about it didn't get me upset until 30 minutes later. What a feeling
Mozart Paintings
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

I'm actually expected to watch Aggie football today without a winning baseball team to distract me?

I was thinking the same thing. I miss the Rangers already
WhoHe
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Anyone know the story as to why Chuck Morgan went to KC in 2002 (only)?
I always heard he had a falling out with the club over his son not getting drafted ... can't remember which son, or exactly what year - but it seems like he was a catcher. Rumor was that Chuck had a Mike Piazza-like understanding with the Rangers' baseball ops guys that they would select his son with the team's last pick - remember when Piazza was the Dodgers' pick in like the 60th round because Lasorda was his godfather or close friend of the family or something ...

Not sure how true all of that is, but the fact is that the Rangers didn't make the pick and Morgan took off. The other connection was that the Rangers director of marketing in the late '90s was a guy named Charlie Seraphin, who was technically Morgan's boss. Seraphin's last season with Texas was 2001 and he was hired for the same position in KC. There was no love lost between Seraphin and the Rangers, so it wouldn't surprise me if he knew Morgan was disgruntled with the club and then went after him hard to jump ship and come to KC.

I always just assumed cooler heads prevailed after that 2002 season - Morgan realized he should be in Texas, and the Rangers realized they needed him in the booth. So he was back after one year.

Take it for what it's worth ... but that's what was going around the water cooler in the early aughts ...
twilly
AG
You've heard the call, now see the call.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Eric Nadel.

The Brazos Kid
94chem said:

The Brazos Kid said:

94chem said:

I have that same photo. I was a classmate of his son, Aaron, at Pantego Christian Academy during the the 80's. Aaron played at Martin with Tim Grieve and Todd Van Poppel while I was playing at Lamar.
Hey! I was at PCA in the 80's as well but don't remember Sundberg's kid being there. I was there like 82 to 85-ish

Yep. He left for Junior High after the spring of '84, I think. Lamar Johnson's kid, Brian was also in our class. Brian Jorgensen's son was a year behind me, and I recall that Danny Darwin's daughter was a few years younger. There must've been others. These kids of veterans must've felt like army brats after a while, and this was back in the time when money still mattered to most of the guys.

Yep, I was further back in class with Jorgensen's kid. 3rd grade back in '83.
beagle2009
AG
Thankful for my Rangers forcefield protecting me from being hurt by the Aggies and Cowboys this weekend
Corporal Punishment
AG
When the Ags make a shyyyty play, my Ag buddy is texting me "Go Rangers" to mitigate the pain.

I'm getting a lot of texts.
snowdog90
Every time the Ags screw up, I'm gonna post 3 Texas Ranger players I grew up rooting for. I hope I don't run out of names, but it will be peace-restoring to name some old Ranger greats.
shack009
AG
beagle2009 said:

Thankful for my Rangers forcefield protecting me from being hurt by the Aggies and Cowboys this weekend

Definitely apathetic towards the Ags but will probably still be hurt when the Boys lose to Philly…
snowdog90
snowdog90 said:

Every time the Ags screw up, I'm gonna post 3 Texas Ranger players I grew up rooting for. I hope I don't run out of names, but it will be peace-restoring to name some old Ranger greats.

Toby Harrah
Jeff Burroughs
Ferguson Jenkins
Flounder Dorfman
AG
You're going to need a few years worth of full rosters.
BenFiasco14
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

He (Bochy) looks in better shape than he did at beginning of the season

Winning is good for your health
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Monty Fariss
Brian Bohanon
Benji Gil
petebaker
Like 8 cities before have all 4 sports championships hockey, Super Bowl, NBA and World Series

Texas Rangers did it . The 9th now
Cowboys 5 Super Bowls
Stars had run in 90s
Mavs got 2011
Texas Rangers 2023
Water Boy
AG
Don't let this pathetic A&M football season distract you from the fact that the Texas Rangers are the 2023 World Series Champions!
shack009
AG
Water Boy said:

Don't let this pathetic A&M football season distract you from the fact that the Texas Rangers are the 2023 World Series Champions!

So crazy watching Bochy just pull every string correctly for a month after watching Jimbo be wrong in every single way imaginable for years.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
After the intensity of those playoff games, the level of apathy I feel watching this is astounding. I genuinely think this football program will never win the National Championship and I genuinely don't care at this point. It ain't my money they're wasting
Corporal Punishment
AG
Wayne Tolleson
Larvell Blanks
Dave Rajsich
BenFiasco14
AG
shack009 said:

Water Boy said:

So crazy watching Bochy just pull every string correctly for a month after watching Jimbo be wrong in every single way imaginable for years.

Same exact feeling here.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
CavitationAG
AG
Is there a Chris Young of college football we can bring in to run s***?
shack009
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

shack009 said:

Water Boy said:

Same exact feeling here.

Seriously, was there one decision Bochy made that didn't work out in the playoffs? We even went 3-0 in the games that Grossman started haha.
AgBQ-00
AG
Just FYI. MLB network is playing all of the playoff games.
agent-maroon
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

shack009 said:

Water Boy said:

Same exact feeling here.

Lot of that going around
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Out in Left Field
AG
Screw our ****ty football team. Rangers are still World Series Champs!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Wish I had a Rangers game to forget the heartbreak that is Aggie football.

I may just watch Game 5 again.
shack009
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Wish I had a Rangers game to forget the heartbreak that is Aggie football.

I may just watch Game 5 again.

We get the Stars in just 6 short hours.
zgolfz85
AG
Rangers perfect road team; Ags worst road team ever. Bochy come to CS. You can't be worse at coaching CFB than jimbo
StoneCold99
AG
Today is our penance for the World Series. I'll take it 100x.
Danny Vermin
I've watched the last inning 3 times already. Brings tears to my eyes every time.
Water Boy
AG
For the rest of the CFB season I say we just watch game 5 again every Saturday.
rbtexan
S
Jimbo is the Chris Woodward of college football
Jimbo Franchione
First Page Last Page
Page 1157 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.