*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,226,704 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
petebaker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yea it's definitely players with their families some players had newborn babies with them in the moms arms
They said these guys don't get to see their kids much during the season
Aries
We got there at 9:30. Found what I thought to be pretty spots thinking they would be up high on some big trucks. It was pretty disappointing. Super boring because of the lag time between everything. Each player in basically an F 150. But unless you were on the first 1-2 rows, you weren't seeing sh+t. It was stupid. Worst decision they could have made. Why not put everyone on top of firetrucks?? & it was 2 hours after it started & I'm pretty sure no player had even past us. We went to Boomers to watch the rest.

But the kids had fun. Can say we were there. But did see Chapman drive up. I thought his truck was a swat car coming down the street.
gctxag
AG
He nearly fell off..... he did scamper down and hid in the sea of bodies when the police showed up
LeagueCityAg
AG
Seager has the Asterisks thread crying. You love to see it!
gctxag
AG
I will echo the same sentiments on the parade and I would guess maybe 5% of the people could see.... It's clearly their first rodeo.
petebaker
nai06 said:

Take two because the first one didn't post

I was able to snag a World Series banner after the parade ended

MW03
AG
Wild ass circus

TDub
AG
2nd greatest day of my life behind Wednesday. It was surreal being there
Water Boy
AG
I guess we know what changes to make for the parade next year.
Michael Cera Palin
AG

Corey doing a sponsor event serving chicken an hour after clapping back at Bregman on stage is hilarious
fc2112
Love seeing the Oxy's panties in a wad.
Water Boy
AG
Are they still talking about us? We smacked them around and we are the champs. What could they possibly be saying?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Water Boy said:

Are they still talking about us? We smacked them around and we are the champs. What could they possibly be saying?

"Nice win. Come back when you've been 5 times and won 2. Hyuk hyuk"
nai06
AG
Water Boy said:

Parade attendance smack talk. I'm not even kidding.
MW03
AG
I had been thinking about my parents, and then I spent the last couple of days reading stories on twitter from Rangers fans who were thinking of their parents and the gift of a lifelong love of baseball. I decided last night that I would take it on the chin to create a memory for my 7-year old, so he and I made the trek this morning.

We got there about 10A, and the line was a bout 4-5 people deep where we set up. By 1PM, it was 25-30 people deep behind us. Just absolutely bonkers. I talked to a guy on the front when he passed us to head to the bathroom, and he said his crew camped out all night. Another said they got there at 5:45AM.

I was not prepared for the shear number of people drinking tequila, shouting f-bombs, and passing weed back and forth. Especially since we were set up close to where the cops and EMS were situated. Of course, the police and EMS had to relocate once the crowd got that thick, which was funny. Of course while I was hyper fixated on all of this, my son missed it all and had a blast, so mission accomplished.

A couple of comments about the parade itself:

• They should have thrown the players on flatbed box trucks they were trucking the barriers around on. If they didn't want to do that and give each player a tundra, fine, but they should have staggered them better. We were close to the end so we could dip out ASAP, and man the gapping was something else. Nobody at all for 5-10 minutes, then three trucks of dudes, then another 10 minutes, then one truck, another 5 mins, three trucks, etc etc. For a parade that was supposed to start at 12:15 and last an hour, we had to check out about 2:10P when the kid had finally worn out and caught fractions of Heim and Semien. Missed Seager and Bochy entirely.

• For all the people and the profanity and the drinking, everyone was in a really good mood. It never felt unsafe, despite a staggering number of face tattoos. It was the same vibe I had watching the mavs parade. Just a mass of humanity there to have a good time. People were courteous, weren't shoving or trying to snipe spots, and the folks around me enjoyed my kiddo leading chants of "Let's go, Rangers!"

Was it a beating? Absolutely.
Did my kid enjoy it? Absolutely.
Am I glad I went? Absolutely.
Would I got to the next one? Absolutely not.
Water Boy
AG
Over 300k people is not a lot? Interesting.
Mr Gigem
AG
It was closer to 700k
Water Boy
AG
I heard 700k but wasn't sure if that was true. Watched on tv and it looked insane.
petebaker
94chem
It's glorious hearing all 4 sports radio stations in Houston talking about the Texans non-stop for the past few days. It's like eating Wagyu steak and looking at the next table over trying to pretend to enjoy their little smokies.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
ElephantRider
AG
Mr Gigem said:

It was closer to 700k

But but but the asstros thread says turnout was awful
DallasAg 94
Water Boy said:

I heard 700k but wasn't sure if that was true. Watched on tv and it looked insane.

That's about what I heard. Radio said based on Fire Marshall and cell phone issues, it was likely over 700k
MrCoachEricTaylor
Just made it to Mansfield so toddlers can eat and get gear from Academy, heading home to CStat after. Literally didn't get out of our parking lot for 2 hours. Took 1 1/2 hours to get from our lot onto 360 and I to Mansfield.
DannyDuberstein
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Water Boy said:

"Nice win. Come back when you've been 5 times and won 2. Hyuk hyuk"

Love how they think they are the Yankees after 1 and *

Also took them longer to get their 1st than it did the Rangers
Yukon Cornelius
AG
What's the creed thing?
shack009
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

What's the creed thing?
They are a Christian rock band.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
I know that lol. What's the association with the team?
shack009
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

What's the creed thing?
But seriously, the guys on the team started listening to Creed in the locker room towards the very end of the season and it became known to the public around the TB series. It just became a bit for the fans.

Edit: Spurred by Andrew Heaney, supposedly.
Coppell97
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

I know that lol. What's the association with the team?
when team hit a slump. They started singing creed in the locker room. It was credited as helping the turnaround. May have been started by Heaney.
DannyDuberstein
AG
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/texas-rangers-creed-songs-mlb-playoffs-soundtrack/e3fb03b0b059b197c07abdf9
Water Boy
AG
Cappo
AG
petebaker said:

this is awesome!

CAN YOU TAKE MEEEEE HIIIIIIGHUH
petebaker
Yukon Cornelius said:

What's the creed thing?

I think it was how they ended their losing streak in the summer by playing creed before the game
Cappo
AG
petebaker said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

What's the creed thing?

I think it was how they ended their losing streak in the summer by playing creed before the game
https://www.mlb.com/news/texas-rangers-listen-to-creed-to-spark-playoff-run
94chem

Fergie and Sunny
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
First Page Last Page
Page 1155 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.