*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,226,639 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
JWinTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aginlakeway said:

Spaceship said:

What's the Astros backstory on his comment?

It's so great seeing that ******bag, Bregman, who cheated as much as anyone did in 2017, get totally faced by the best player in baseball.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Question about those hats they are wearing. Is the WS trophy on the hat?
AgBQ-00
AG
The Tom Grieve closing segment was awesome!! If you did not see it they aired it on Bally Sports. you need to see if you can find it.
twilly
AG

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Water Boy
AG
True. Dude will forever be legend here. Contract is already worth it no matter what he does now!
nai06
AG
Are these the ones you are talking about?

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/texas-rangers/-texas-rangers-new-era-2023-world-series-champions-parade-9fifty-snapback-adjustable-hat-white/o-3409+t-36128901+p-029955163358+z-8-1584405552
zgolfz85
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Question about those hats they are wearing. Is the WS trophy on the hat?
yeah, the official parade hat

https://www.academy.com/p/new-era-rangers-2023-champions-parade-950-cap?sku=white-one-size-texas-rangers&gmc_feed=t
DeangeloVickers
AG
nai06 said:

Are these the ones you are talking about?

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/texas-rangers/-texas-rangers-new-era-2023-world-series-champions-parade-9fifty-snapback-adjustable-hat-white/o-3409+t-36128901+p-029955163358+z-8-1584405552

Yes, can't tell if the trophy is on there
Michael Cera Palin
AG

Chuck's reaction is awesome, lets goooo
94chem
twilly said:

That '86 team was a lot of fun. Just couldn't track down the Angels in September. I'm sure a lot of us remember the Petralli/Sierra/Clemens game like it was yesterday.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
birdman
Love the Tom Grieve piece. I listened to long interview with him yesterday. He was so proud and still emotional.

He was my hunch for catching first pitch in Game 6 or Game 7. He deserves it.
DG-Ag
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Dam that makes me happy!

GOOD EFFING BULL!!
DG-Ag
AG
94chem said:

twilly said:

That '86 team was a lot of fun. Just couldn't track down the Angels in September. I'm sure a lot of us remember the Petralli/Sierra/Clemens game like it was yesterday.

That was my first summer after moving back to Dallas (from Houston). They hooked me then and been a fan ever since!
zgolfz85
AG
can't believe Tom Grieve got so close....retired one year too early! I'm glad he's still close to the team and gets to enjoy it, just wish he'd been there still
petebaker
Sborz shaved for the parade and off-season didn't recognize him

A smart TV takes 7 seconds to change the channel old TVs we're nearly instant
nai06
AG
petebaker said:

Sborz shaved for the parade and off-season didn't recognize him

He tossed me a bag of funions!
LeagueCityAg
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

LMAO, **** the Astros!
DeangeloVickers
AG
This is perfect. Includes the astronauts with a moon landing L

DannyDuberstein
AG
The Astro Nots crack me up
LeagueCityAg
AG
Seager > Bregman and it's not even close. Bregman is ***** made.
petebaker
Rangers are great Astros Phillies Dodgers all were great in 2023 even the Diamondbacks if they add some clutch RBI hitters can put up some big wins

Arizona says we were better team. But it's only because we had home run power as our answerback
Our home run momentum carried us in these Al and WS championship games

Pitchers starters and bullpen need Home Run support AND great Defense
Chapa96
AG
Just heard some are signing autographs this weekend. Anyone have a list of whom and where?
gigem1223
Went to the parade with my boys. It was terrible. Couldn't see anything unless you got there extremely early. For whatever reason they had the players all individually in 1/2 ton trucks. Idk why they didn't put the players up higher together on buses or big trailers. Highly disappointed after walking several miles.
fc2112
Half a million.

But literally no one watched, huh?
LeagueCityAg
AG
fc2112 said:

Half a million.

Funny, no one watched the Astros in the World Series this year either.
nai06
AG
gigem1223 said:

Went to the parade with my boys. It was terrible. Couldn't see anything unless you got there extremely early. For whatever reason they had the players all individually in 1/2 ton trucks. Idk why they didn't put the players up higher together on buses or big trailers. Highly disappointed after walking several miles.
We got there at 8am and it was already crowded but we were able to get a front row spot on the north side of the old ballpark. It took waaayyy too long. There were massive gaps in between the trucks and there would be no way to see anyone if you were more than 3 or 4 rows back.

Also everyone was with their families. I wanted to see a bunch of the players all riled up together and throwing back beers. Austin Hedges was disappointingly tame in his truck. I'm thinking part of the issue was that they were having to transfer players to trucks because they didn't have enough for everyone. I just got home about 30 minutes ago.
gigem1223
fc2112 said:

Half a million.

More like 3/4 million
CampingAg
AG
Having a World Series parade is great. Going to a World Series parade sounds miserable. That amount of people is like 7 Cowboy games. No thanks.
nai06
AG
Take two because the first one didn't post

I was able to snag a World Series banner after the parade ended
petebaker
gigem1223 said:

Yea but you get props as a dad bc it's still an event and hopefully there are some good pictures or memories. My little daughter went and was looking cool in her blue 2023 World Series hat and baby blue t shirt

I was texting the play by play from home on the tv flipping around
petebaker
The speeches were also pretty basic probably not life changing but the highlights on Twitter can fill you in

Plus they played Creed Higher when the players came on stage
petebaker
A few kids and adults ran up to Seager brown leather Tundra and to sign Jersys and balls the police shooed them away after Seager signed their gear.

Obviously if some criminal wants to hurt him they may have succeeded but thankfully it's just crazy fans
ChoppinDs40
AG
I mean, what did everyone expect? Agreed, a huge float or bus would've been better.

They were only on stage for like 15 mins.
AgBQ-00
AG
Should have been on offseason thread
fc2112
Well, you guys can't say you weren't warned about what it would be like.
First Page Last Page
Page 1154 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.