***** Baltimore Orioles 2023 Season Thread *****

36,354 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Explosivo12
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heston looks like the real deal man. Ball just flies off his bat, wow!
OriolePete
There's my worry. We can't win a 5 game series with our bullpen. Even if Bautista was healthy, everything after our starter and before Cano is a roll of the dice. Our bullpen probably needs runs support most games.
Tibbers
2 out of 3 ain't bad but I hear ya on the bullpen. Not sure what we do to be honest. We know Lopez won't be on the postseason roster but I don't really trust Fuji at all to help us down the stretch. I liked what I saw from Flaherty and we still have Wells and Irvin waiting in the wings. The list of postseason caliber trustable arms grows smaller by the minute.
OriolePete
Can they bring any other pitchers up that are eligible for the post season? Or is this it from here on out?
jkag89
OriolePete said:

Can they bring any other pitchers up that are eligible for the post season? Or is this it from here on out?
Players on the 40 man roster on September 1st are available for the postseason roster. Rosters can be modified for each series.
OriolePete
So Seth Johnson is being fast tracked it looks like. He's the only arm I see on the 40 man that we haven't seen. Maybe they aren't going to use him, but he pitched in single A last week and double A this week
OriolePete
Someone tell Cleveland to stop trying so hard.
OriolePete
OriolePete
OriolePete
I'm sure I don't really mean this but..I would rather have to chase down a final playoff spot with our full roster available over limbing into the post season with more questions than answers.

But I'm still going to enjoy the rest of the season.
Tibbers
I tell ya, Cleveland really does rock. That's probably the best baseball experience I've had at an away game. The stadium was really nice and the city and people were even better. Highly recommend anyone who has never been to check it out.
GrapevineAg
AG
My brother lives near CLE and used to be a season ticket holder. They really fixed up that area, and the park formerly named Jacob's Field is very nice. It's a huge improvement from the old Cleveland Municipal.
Tibbers
Yeah man, that town blew me away. Incredibly nice people. Everyone came up to us to say hey and talk for a few minutes. Just honestly the nicest cleanest big city I've been to in a long while. It definitely helped that the weather wasn't horrendous as it is here in Texas. I'll take the cold any day. Lake Erie looked like an ocean. We definitely will back.
GrapevineAg
AG
If you like beer, go to the Great Lakes brewery there. Lots of good beer there, and the bar itself has a cool history. Food's not bad either.
Tibbers
Brother, I had most of their beers throughout the town. Fat Head makes a great IPA as well. 4th street was great and if you all get a chance, say hey to Rick at Hilarities and enjoy some comedy!
LawHall88
AG
RIP Brooksie.
Tibbers
I can't believe it…one of the first orioles I ever met as a kid up in Baltimore. Between him, Boog and Cal, I'm not sure there was a better rep for Orioles baseball. He will be missed greatly. Let's win this for Brooksie!
cageybee77
AG
Oh crap - been one of my "heroes" for over 60 years. :-(
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Tibbers
Baseball is full of great story lines and none better than this next game. Twelve years ago to the day, the Orioles played spoiler on a walk off at Camden by Oriole legend Robert Andino to none other than the Boston Red Sox, knocking them out of playoff contention. Now, the Orioles are poised to make their mark as AL East winners with a win tomorrow against Sale. Baseball is amazing.

Tibbers
Angelos and the state resign the lease and the O's will continue to play at Camden Yards for the next 30 years!!
LawHall88
AG
Tibbers
We did it!!! We ****ing did it!!! Let's go O's!!
Big Bucks
AG
Congratulations to the Orioles! They have built it right and built it to last.
LawHall88
AG
Bummer. I was hoping he'd be back next season.
OriolePete
Meaningless baseball for the Orioles in October. Some things never change.

(Jk)
OriolePete
The winner of the Rays/Rangers doesn't feel like the 1 seed haha. Here we go!
Tibbers
Yeah something tells me that will change after this year. **** it, let's go get em!
OriolePete
I don't care who play, the only thing I could wish for is that neither team look sharp and have the limp our way. But, the Rangers could come roaring at us at this rate. Personally, I would rather avoid the Rangers. One because of their bats and two because I don't even want to think about being eliminated by either Texas team. Least of them being the rangers.
Tibbers
I care because selfishly it means I might get to see a postseason game in Dallas.
OriolePete
Ya, maybe I never should have left Dallas. Lol jk I can never go back to that heat. But I also said I'd never leave.

I used to love the rangers. Not like the Orioles, but I hated anything from Houston. I think it was around Josh Hamilton when I started to really turn on the rangers. Bring them on. But we can't let the Rangers get to the world series again just to squander it. LET'S GO O'S!
OriolePete

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.